WidenersLee PrecisionTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline FabricationRepackboxRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
Snyders Jerky Load Data
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: USPS Rate Increase: January 17, 2016

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by imashooter2 View Post
    They no longer show up as options to select either in the postage calculator or click and ship. If there is a work around, I'd be very interested. If you can't copy, then a link to the original thread would be great! Thanks!
    here try this link
    http://www.trapperman.com/forum/ubbt...pi#Post5003532

Boolit Grand Master

Unfortunately, that looks like last years info. Regional rate boxes are no longer available for non commercial users.
    ”We know they are lying, they know they are lying, they know we know they are lying, we know they know we know they are lying, yet they are still lying.” –Aleksandr Isayevich Solzhenitsyn

My Straight Shooters thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-shooter

The Pewter Pictures and Hallmarks thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...-and-hallmarks

Boolit Bub
    I have found away to still get discounts and use regional boxes.

goshippo.com (I have no affiliation and recieve no perks for this plug)

I've shipped a few things through there now, all without issue. They give the Commercial Plus pricing by reselling USPS shipping. The only charge to use the site is $0.05 per label, and no monthly fee.

The site is geared more towards automated services but you can manually create labels as well.

Small flat rate through them is $5.80.

Banned

PayPal usps shipping seems to be less as well. USPS hit me full rate for the sfrb $6.80. Go figure

I just paid/printed some SFRB labels through paypal and they were $6.10 each.

Michael Grace
    +1 on PIF's

While individual results may vary with different shippers I do know that for most items I order or ship USPS does a good job at the better price. Both from Titan Reloading and another business I order from USPS is cheaper and get there in good time, I call into the one business to avoid the web site FedEx rate which is highway robbery compared to what the USPS shipping is on the same part.

Considering that USPS does more deliveries in a month than UPS does in a year, and more in a week than FedEx does in a year on has to acknowledge some level of successful business. They do it at a lower cost and with a significant profit. Which Congress snatches up and uses in a shell game to help "balance" the budget. How would you like to run your business with Congress as your board of directors! Any claim that the USPS is taxpayer supported is utterly false. It generates a significant profit on its business. I live in a fairly rural area and the UPS trucks dropping at the post office for "last mile" delivery is a common occurrence, why do you suppose that UPS does that? I think it is because USPS can do it profitably for lower cost than UPS could do it themselves.

65# of lead anyplace in the country for less than $15 is pretty darn cheap. I would probably charge you that much to haul it to the post office for you! I can't speak to price for shipping bulky items as much but from Titan the USPS is always the least expensive option even when the items have been larger than a MFRB in size. Tracking is sufficient to let me know when to expect it, or discover if it is delayed. Other than that I don't care if is on a conveyor in a sorting facility or a truck going East bound on I-70 past mile marker 453....
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Boolit Buddy
    This has to do with the tremendous drop in fuel prices, expect everything fuel related to follow suite.
    Silver Hand

I recently mailed a package USPS and I did notice the prices have gone up. With that said, I love using usps.com, they mail me free shipping boxes and envelopes. I can print my mailing labels on my home pc and just hand it to the mailman. Super easy to mail these days.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Hand View Post
    This has to do with the tremendous drop in fuel prices, expect everything fuel related to follow suite.
    Silver Hand
    Huh? How does a tremendous drop in fuel prices equate to a 25% or more increase in postage costs?
    ”We know they are lying, they know they are lying, they know we know they are lying, we know they know we know they are lying, yet they are still lying.” –Aleksandr Isayevich Solzhenitsyn

Current Price list - I had to look it up so figured I would share the link.
    https://www.usps.com/ship/priority-mail.htm
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Prices are up, but I can still send a 10# of plated shot across the country for under $7.

Boolit Grand Master

Which sucks compared to sending it for $5.25. Still the best game in town, but that doesn't mean I have to like it.

Lately every time we mail a package it turns into a nightmare! Our local PO feels the need to measure every box and adjust cost to suit themselves.

And now every package or letter we send to either Texas or Oklahoma must be priority shipped, the excuse there using now is that they do not offer standard mail service to either state!

I once asked the clerk as to why the measuring, answer was so they could properly cube there trailers. I called BS! I told the clerk I have been in the freight business 30 + years and for the past 6 years have been picking up and delivering to the Denver Bulk mail facilities.
    And that 85% of there trailers are either loaded loose and waist high or loaded with racks. There is no cube guideline that seems to be followed at the BMC.
    I told her it was just a scam to screw the public out of an extra buck! Needless to say she was not happy about what I told her!!

And there staffing at the local PO is aweful, during the week there slow and have 4 checkers but on Saturday when there very busy and people are lined out the front door they have one checker, and that checker seems to be the dumbest and slowest person working there! It's aweful.

I now let the wife mail the packages and letters, she has a better tolerance for stupid people than I do!

Boolit Master

We can go to the big terminal in Cocoa, and stand in line, the medium sized office in Titusville, smaller line, or the small cozy personal hole in the wall office over at Sharps where the people recognize you and act in a friendly way and are helpful, but don't go between 1 and 2 pm because that is lunch time. Guess which one I pick. We can also mail from Christmas FL but that is a little crowded at certain times of the year. I realize that not everywhere you have choices of where to go. But we are lucky to be able to shop around a little.
    Last edited by frkelly74; 04-02-2016 at 12:45 PM.
    Quis Quis Quis, Quis Liberat Canes

/////////BREAKING NEWS////////////
    Millions and millions of American shooters and sportsmen got up, went to work, contributed to society in useful and meaningful ways all over the nation and shot no one today! How do they controll themselves?? Experts Baffled....

I LIKE IKE

Boolit Buddy
    thanks for the info

Vendor Sponsor

I am also seeing a disturbing trend

we ship a lot of Priority Mail packages usually 4 to 8 a day.. lately they seem to be delaying the tracking at least 2 days and packages that were supposed to be 2 day delivery are taking 4 to 5 days to arrive

here is one example

December 17, 2016 06:56:00 In Transit to Destination
    MINNEAPOLIS, MN, 55401 December 15, 2016 18:56:00 Departed USPS Facility
    MINNEAPOLIS, MN, 55401 December 15, 2016 18:38:00 Arrived at USPS Facility
    December 14, 2016 22:05:00 In Transit to Destination
    CHARLOTTE, NC, 28214 December 13, 2016 22:05:00 Departed USPS Origin Facility
    CHARLOTTE, NC, 28214 December 13, 2016 21:32:00 Arrived at USPS Origin Facility
    MARSHVILLE, NC, 28103 December 13, 2016 20:17:00 Accepted at USPS Origin Facility
    MARSHVILLE, NC, 28103 December 13, 2016 17:03:00 Departed Post Office
    MARSHVILLE, NC, 28103 December 13, 2016 16:34:00 Acceptance

Originally tracking did not even show for the first to days ... just registered as printed
    Last edited by Smoke4320; 12-17-2016 at 01:35 PM.
    [SIZE=4][B]Selling Hi Quality Powdercoating Powder

I carry a Nuke50 because cleaning up the mess is Silly !!

http://www.bing.com/search?q=nuke50&...7ADE&FORM=QBLH

I am not crazy my mom had me tested

Theres a fine line between genius and crazy .. I'm that line
    and depending on the day I might just step over that line !!!

Perma-Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke4320 View Post
    I am also seeing a disturbing trend

we ship a lot of Priority Mail packages usually 4 to 8 a day.. lately they seem to be delaying the tracking at least 2 days and packages that were supposed to be 2 day delivery are taking 4 to 5 days to arrive

here is one example

December 17, 2016 06:56:00 In Transit to Destination
    MINNEAPOLIS, MN, 55401 December 15, 2016 18:56:00 Departed USPS Facility
    MINNEAPOLIS, MN, 55401 December 15, 2016 18:38:00 Arrived at USPS Facility
    December 14, 2016 22:05:00 In Transit to Destination
    CHARLOTTE, NC, 28214 December 13, 2016 22:05:00 Departed USPS Origin Facility
    CHARLOTTE, NC, 28214 December 13, 2016 21:32:00 Arrived at USPS Origin Facility
    MARSHVILLE, NC, 28103 December 13, 2016 20:17:00 Accepted at USPS Origin Facility
    MARSHVILLE, NC, 28103 December 13, 2016 17:03:00 Departed Post Office
    MARSHVILLE, NC, 28103 December 13, 2016 16:34:00 Acceptance

Originally tracking did not even show for the first to days ... just registered as printed
    Use another shipper...

If this service is so bad, as some claim...take your business, elsewhere...you DO have options.

Boolit Grand Master

Their tracking is anything but real time. And their delivery times are always hit and miss. I've never had a priority package arrive in two days. They are always 3-5 days. This is what you get for the price. UPS delivers on time w/ real time tracking. But you pay more for it.

Vendor Sponsor

some of it may be the Christmas rush .. Just making folks aware of what is going on
    [SIZE=4][B]Selling Hi Quality Powdercoating Powder

I carry a Nuke50 because cleaning up the mess is Silly !!

http://www.bing.com/search?q=nuke50&...7ADE&FORM=QBLH

I am not crazy my mom had me tested

Theres a fine line between genius and crazy .. I'm that line
    and depending on the day I might just step over that line !!!

Almost a year later...

Got Brass