WidenersLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
Snyders JerkyReloading EverythingTitan ReloadingInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2 Load Data
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Signing off for a while...

where rocks are shot at & milk jugs, too...
    Surgery went well, repaired torn rotator cuff, reattached bicep tendon, cleaned up cartilage & bone spurs. I have the sling & cooling device Mary mentioned but can't sleep & lots of pain right now, wife just took care of meds, ice & going to try to sleep now. Thanks for checking in on me!
    “Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened."

Winston S. Churchill

Ouch been there with my leg and it is not fun at all. Hope you get better soon. Said a short prayer that you heal up and are back shooting soon again as well.
    BullFrog

The Lord is my rock and my salvation

Joel 2:28-32

Ballistic, I finally got some sleep, only about 6 hours total but better than the first night. If you feel the block wearing off, hit the meds asap. Because when it goes away it's going to hurt, a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by altheating View Post
    Ballistic, I finally got some sleep, only about 6 hours total but better than the first night. If you feel the block wearing off, hit the meds asap. Because when it goes away it's going to hurt, a lot!
    Block is definitely worn off, got a few hours sleep, wife is making sure I take meds regular. I should have bought a La-Z-Boy like doctor's office told me! I brought in the Cabela's lawn recliner after brushing off snow, surprised at how comfortable it is, pain is manageable so far but everyone has warned me it will be tough when it really kicks in. Thanks for telling me of your experiences and what to expect.
    “Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened."

Winston S. Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by Bullfrog View Post
    Ouch been there with my leg and it is not fun at all. Hope you get better soon. Said a short prayer that you heal up and are back shooting soon again as well.
    Thank-you Bullfrog!

Winston S. Churchill

Boolit Master

Absolutely correct!!

Quote Originally Posted by sparky45 View Post
    Absolutely correct!!
    Everyone seems to be on the same page about that..

Winston S. Churchill

Keeping your blood serum level up with the pain med's is important - if you start roller coasting 'em it becomes a painful cycle of not enough med's then waiting for med's to take effect.

And yes the right chair can make a big difference in recovery.
    je suis charlie

It is better to live one day as a LION than a dozen days as a Sheep.

Thomas Jefferson Quotations:
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

Boolit Master
    Hi ballistim.Wishing you the best for a speedy and complete recovery.My wife had two of those surgeries(rotator cuff.Both shoulders).Don`t let the Pain and Torture crew push you with the"No pain.No gain"****.
    If it starts to hurt too bad tell them to stop.If they don`t,you have grounds for an assault and battery case against them.I know of two people who had their surgeries destroyed because of that attitude.The surgery had to be redone.NO picnic for them.Rehab outfit had to pay the freight for that,The state closed that outfit down.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

Quote Originally Posted by woodbutcher View Post
    Hi ballistim.Wishing you the best for a speedy and complete recovery.My wife had two of those surgeries(rotator cuff.Both shoulders).Don`t let the Pain and Torture crew push you with the"No pain.No gain"****.
    If it starts to hurt too bad tell them to stop.If they don`t,you have grounds for an assault and battery case against them.I know of two people who had their surgeries destroyed because of that attitude.The surgery had to be redone.NO picnic for them.Rehab outfit had to pay the freight for that,The state closed that outfit down.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo
    Thanks for the warning! I'm fortunate that the PT crew and surgeon have a good working relationship starting with my pre-hab and yesterday the surgeon told me he's already told them exactly what my re-hab will be, so it sounds good so far.

Winston S. Churchill

My Dr advised me to take the pain meds two hours prior to going to PT that will help with the pain associated with the PT. Guess I'll find out tomorrow morning.

Moderator Emeritus

Pile of pillows in beds works to sleep against too. Rotator cuff surgery has been compared to or worse than child birth for some. My pain level wasn't that bad but as I was in for a follow up a week later a bunch of the other patients were comparing pain levels. Think my living in constant pain with my back for years has kind of made me used to severe pain.

Boolit Master

Good luck on the surgery Tim. Take care of yourself pop in when you can so we know your alright.
    I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
    Paralyzed Veterans of America

Looking for a Hensly &Gibbs #258 any thing from a two cavity to a 10cavityI found a new one from a member here

Quote Originally Posted by SSGOldfart View Post
    Good luck on the surgery Tim. Take care of yourself pop in when you can so we know your alright.
    Thank-you sir, and am reporting in. Doing fine, just woke up to take meds & am feeling well, pain constant but manageable and am thankful for that. I've been pleased so far at learning to make good use of my left hand, and am very thankful for the thoughts and prayers of everyone here, truly a great bunch indeed!

Winston S. Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by MaryB View Post
    Pile of pillows in beds works to sleep against too. Rotator cuff surgery has been compared to or worse than child birth for some. My pain level wasn't that bad but as I was in for a follow up a week later a bunch of the other patients were comparing pain levels. Think my living in constant pain with my back for years has kind of made me used to severe pain.
    Mary, I think you're right about having been conditioned to constant pain and mentally this is pain I know is there because of the surgery and moving forward towards healing, much easier to be positive about knowing it is to be expected. Thank you for sharing your experiences, and I know you and others here have dealt with a lot worse than this. Surgeries in my left eye for cancer have been much more painful than this is, so I can look at this as being much easier to tolerate and withstand.

Tim

Winston S. Churchill

My Dr advised me to take the pain meds two hours prior to going to PT that will help with the pain associated with the PT. Guess I'll find out tomorrow morning.
    Good luck with PT, and let us know how it goes.

Winston S. Churchill

Boolit Master
    back in 80, i got caught in a paper winder, and had my shoulder pulled out of place. They called it "sublexating"(??) They ended up cutting the arm off and reattaching it. took 6 months of recuperation, and during that time had to have someone button my pants !
    It still gives me issue when the weather gets bad, but I know it was the only thing to do, as I couldn't lift 5 lbs.
    time will tell for you, but during that time do your therapy. It is the only way to get back. I was checked out by a dr 6 months ago, and he said that whoever did my surgery must have been the best on the planet, because this surgery never lasts more than 6-7 years.....what do I know. eh??
    again good luck, and drink you soup
    The rules of the range are simple at best, Should you venture in that habitat, Don't cuss a man's dog, be good to the cook, And don't mess with a cowboy's hat. ~ Baxter Black

Quote Originally Posted by doc1876 View Post
    back in 80, i got caught in a paper winder, and had my shoulder pulled out of place. They called it "sublexating"(??) They ended up cutting the arm off and reattaching it. took 6 months of recuperation, and during that time had to have someone button my pants !
    It still gives me issue when the weather gets bad, but I know it was the only thing to do, as I couldn't lift 5 lbs.
    time will tell for you, but during that time do your therapy. It is the only way to get back. I was checked out by a dr 6 months ago, and he said that whoever did my surgery must have been the best on the planet, because this surgery never lasts more than 6-7 years.....what do I know. eh??
    again good luck, and drink you soup
    Wow! Amazing story, inspired by your ability to overcome those odds in the face of great difficulty. BTW, had cooked up a nice batch of venison stew in the crockpot day before the surgery, so like my old scoutmaster used to say "be prepared"

Winston S. Churchill

Boolit Master
    Orthoscopic...you'll bounce back very fast.
    I had the same, but they had to filet it open to do the bone spur. 4 inch long scar on my shoulder.
    Like all have said take pain med before PT. The PT staff love to inflict pain...but it will get you mobil again.

Jon
    Col 2:13-17

Quote Originally Posted by Jon K View Post
    Orthoscopic...you'll bounce back very fast.
    I had the same, but they had to filet it open to do the bone spur. 4 inch long scar on my shoulder.
    Like all have said take pain med before PT. The PT staff love to inflict pain...but it will get you mobil again.

Jon
    I had bone spurs done with the bicep tendon reattached & some cartilage shaving to go along with the rotator cuff so not sure what the scar looks like yet. I'm ready to put the work into PT so I can get back to work ASAP without overdoing or rushing it, kind of a fine line but it is what it is.

Winston S. Churchill