Load DataTitan ReloadingLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
Snyders JerkyRepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
Reloading Everything Inline Fabrication
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A medical update

Moderator Emeritus

Follow the docs orders and I know what it can be like. Back surgery did me in for 3 months, and I had pain for 6 months. I found getting some computer work done each day made me feel like I gt something done even if it was minimal.

Boolit Master

Keith,

Thanks for updating us, we like to know.

The best way to help us, and more importantly your family, is to do the very best you can to help yourself.

Every time I use your lubrisizer wrench I think of you and thank you.

Cat
    Cogito, ergo armatum sum.

(I think, therefore I'm armed.)

Boolit Master

Where Pennsylvania, Delaware, and Maryland join.
    New prescription:
    Visit Cast Boolits daily and contribute to discussions in several sections. Practice CAD skills at least three days a week. Tell your bride that the Cast Boolits crowd thanks her for making you better.

Hopefully your CAD work will be for some more products for us to play with.
    Blacksmith

S. G. G. = Sons of the Greatest Generation. Too old to run, too proud to hide; we will stand our ground and take as many as we can with us!

Boolit Master

Kieth, I was wondering how you were doing, so I offered up a prayer. Thanks for the update, the prayers will continue.
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog.
    You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.
    You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."

“At the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat”--Theodore Roosevelt

Boolit Master
    2013 has not been a stellar year around here either, but it could have been a lot worse!! Glad to hear you are starting to feel better! Keep it up! From our house to yours, prayers for a good recovery, a very Merry Christmas and a better year in 2014!
    R.D.M.

Frosted Boolits

Get well! Glad to hear you are feeling better! Hang in there and Merry Christmas!
    My Feedback : http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...iscoyotehunter

An armed society is a polite society.

the BB knows

Welcome back Kieth, we're all pulling for you. JW

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by theperfessor View Post
    My wife got me some padded hand weights, and I'm starting to use them. I need to at least try to rebuild my upper body, otherwise my neck operation will have been a waste. So far I'm not putting on much weight, I'm staying on my diet, keeping my blood sugar control, and eating extra lean protein at every meal.

All I lack is patience...
    I read a prayer somewhere that went like this

"Lord, I need patience, and I need it right now"

Prayers going up for you and your wife. Looks like a long haul, but a good outcome down the road.

blessings,
    vern
    "The trick is to stop thinking of it as 'your' money" (Tax Auditor)

Life is not waiting for the storm to subside, life is about learning to dance in the rain.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Olevern View Post
    I read a prayer somewhere that went like this

"Lord, I need patience, and I need it right now"

Prayers going up for you and your wife. Looks like a long haul, but a good outcome down the road.

blessings,
    vern
    If you were ever in any sport, you will understand this.

It's not a windsprint, it's an endurance run, like a marathon. Like, in football, when we had to run 10, 20 and 30 yards in windsprints in conditioning--then the 50 and 100 yard sprints, then the 440 yard run. You learned to "put out," but also to pace yourself, so you didn't lose it in the end. Keep the end in mind, that's what counts!
    One of my father's favorite statements: "If I say a chicken dips snuff, look under his wing for the snuffbox" How I was raised, who I am.

I pray for you and your return.
    Ramar
    AMERICAN EX-PRISONERS OF WAR -- NON SOLUM ARMIS

Boolit Buddy

Good to hear from you again, and that you are getting better, even if it is slower than your liking. I've learned a lot from you posts and appreciate it.

As far as you saying "I really enjoy taking part in the discussions here, but I have to be awake and alert enough to comprehend what's going on around me." Don't worry about it. Heck, I obviously never concern myself with little details like that.

Take care of yourself, and don't rush things too much. I find whatever I don't get done now will still be there later waiting for me.

Perma-Banned

Keith,
    You have my best wishes and prayers for a complete recovery. About 10 years ago I had C2-C7 disks removed and replaced with titanium rods and pins. 5 years ago I had lower back surgery for cleaning out bone spurs and calcium deposits. 3 years ago I underwent rotor cuff surgery on the right shoulder. Then in December of 2012, I had stents placed in both femoral arteries, as it seems I have PADS. I can't do what I once did, course that was 15 years ago, but I'm still going and not stopping. I know that you will do the same. Merry Christmas and think about doing things in miniature. Doesn't require a lot of space or tooling. Doll furniture, scale cannons, models, etc. You'll get to where you want to be.

Semper Fi!
    OB

[FONT=times new roman][SIZE=3]Je suis Charlie

Safeguard our way of life...Defend the Constitution against ALL Enemies, Foreign and Domestic!!!

Moderator Emeritus

Okay that is close to my medical history... no stents and no neck surgery yet, lumbar laminectomy(they remove the back of the vertabrae) alongwith removing parts of the discs that were free floating, right shoulder rotator cuff twice, right wrist carpal tunnel, right knee bone spurs...

Quote Originally Posted by OBIII View Post
    Keith,
    You have my best wishes and prayers for a complete recovery. About 10 years ago I had C2-C7 disks removed and replaced with titanium rods and pins. 5 years ago I had lower back surgery for cleaning out bone spurs and calcium deposits. 3 years ago I underwent rotor cuff surgery on the right shoulder. Then in December of 2012, I had stents placed in both femoral arteries, as it seems I have PADS. I can't do what I once did, course that was 15 years ago, but I'm still going and not stopping. I know that you will do the same. Merry Christmas and think about doing things in miniature. Doesn't require a lot of space or tooling. Doll furniture, scale cannons, models, etc. You'll get to where you want to be.

Semper Fi!
    OB

Boolit Master

Keith: I was very glad to see your post. You have had your share of problems for a while. I appreciate your input on various things here and look forward to more of them in the future. Meanwhile do have patience and do as your health care providers say. Particularly your wife. Sounds like Christmas will be joyous around your house. My prayer are for your continued recovery and that you get to 100% sooner than later! Merry Christmas to you and your family.
    Mark 5:34 And He said to her (Jesus speaking), "Daughter, your faith has made you well. Go in peace and be healed of your affliction."