Reloading EverythingInline FabricationLoad DataRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersLee PrecisionRepackbox
Titan Reloading Snyders Jerky
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Women

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by btroj View Post
    Mine will shoot but no casting or loading. She doesn't complain about me pursuing my hobbies and that is good enough for me.
    +1she has talked about loading,but that was just after she paid for a box of ammo once!!!

Boolit Man
    Well thanks to getting some pink powder coating, I've almost made a caster out of my roommate. Just came in today so I cooked up a quick batch off bullets (and explained the process) then let her dry tumble her own bullets in her pink. Also perfected my technique a bit more with my green.

I even convinced her to soon roll up her own rounds of 300blk (with supervision, once I find a good load). Now she's wondering if she can add glitter to it lol. She might be on to something as she knows of a very fine powder glitter made of aluminum. Might actually mix with the pc and I'm assuming if aluminum checks work fine then this shouldn't hurt my melonite bore.

Boolit Master

we have labs? I like that, it sounds good... The Ammo Lab ... " Honey, I am going down to the Ammo Lab . Hold all my calls."
    Now that was funny and I needed a funny.
    Julie, shy's away from the boolets when they are in the Pre-boolet molten state.
    She is the best brass finder I ever saw,
    She can locate a 25 ACP case in a grass that ain't been mowed for a month.
    Hate is like drinking poison and hoping the other man dies.

*Cohesiveness* *Leadership* *a common cause***

***In a gunfight your expected to be an active participant in your own rescue***

The effective range of an excuse is ZERO Meters

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Stihl View Post
    My wife has cast enough to get 5 good 500GR RNFP .458s. She then sized and lubed them and loaded them into 45-70 brass that she prepped.

She put 2 of those through a big Russian boar a few years back. The 2 empties and other 3 loaded rounds are perched next to the picture of her boar waiting to make meat someday.

She once helped me trim brass. She cranked for 20 minutes before asking, "Is there a better way to do this?" I replied "Sure, with a power trimmer". She stood up, said, "Christmas is coming" and then left.
    Repetitive tasks aren't her thing.
    That sounds just like how I ended up with my Dillon XL 650.

Boolit Grand Master

My hunting/guns/shooting/loading/casting hobby has proved to be a litmus test for prospective wives. None have passed but I guess that's OK. If one had slipped thru she probably would have wound up with the house, half the guns and all the money. If I get too lonely I'll get another dog.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

My late wife was a shooter ,usually won the muzzleloader turkey shoots with some offhand remark like (I don t see what's so hard about hitting that egg on the string ! After which most of the guys wanted to get even with me for bringin her .
    she was also quite a gardener and had her own perennial farm. She used to always say we should open up a gun store and flower shop together and call it ''Guns and Roses" .Gal always had a sense of humor .sure do miss her .Haven't met anyone quite like her since .Bought me a 45 70 hi wall for a wedding present. That girl had taste!

Boolit Grand Master

Yesterday marked 50 years with the same wonderful gal. She lets me do all the casting, loading, and most all the shooting.
    By the way, I bought her a rifle today, and she got me a bracelet.

Boolit Master & Generous Contributor

Mine will go fetch stuff. Does that count?

Oh, 42 yrs in May. She's a shooter with her Ruger Mk III Hunter.
    If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.
    Samuel Adams

Sam

Moderator Emeritus

I have to get to goodwill and see if they have a used toaster oven so I can try powder coating.

Boolit Grand Master

Let's not forget Molly. She was a moderator here and quite the engraving artist as well.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

My wife passed away after 38 years, although sh wouldnt help the casting or reloading, she was worth her weight in gold...IMHP!
    45 AUTO! Because having to shoot someone twice is just silly!

Quote Originally Posted by TXGunNut View Post
    My hunting/guns/shooting/loading/casting hobby has proved to be a litmus test for prospective wives. None have passed but I guess that's OK. If one had slipped thru she probably would have wound up with the house, half the guns and all the money. If I get too lonely I'll get another dog.
    I feel the same way, but I would add trapping to that also. I am getting another puppy now because I lost one to lung cancer and was short of being 12 years old of one month and his brother is over 12 years now.They are coydogs. The puppy I am getting is a coydog also.
    Life Member of NRA,NTA,DAV ,ITA. Also member of FTA,CBA

AlaskanGurl is casting as we speak this morning..... And here I WANTED TO CAST THIS MORNING.... Dang... Well, she did get up first this morning... So I will have to wait my turn.....

Careful what you hope for.... Dang Alaskan women are just like this I think...

AG

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by frkelly74 View Post
    we have labs? I like that, it sounds good... The Ammo Lab ... " Honey, I am going down to the Ammo Lab . Hold all my calls."
    I'll have to use that term in the future. I use to think my wife didn't have anything to do with any of the shooting sports after we got married. Oh sure she will go shoot with me once in a blue moon, but then one day I found her down stairs in the "lab" Gas checking and sizing boolits. Only because I had asked my son to do some for me and he was able to get her to help him.

Camo