Inline FabricationReloading EverythingRotoMetals2Repackbox
Snyders JerkyLee PrecisionTitan ReloadingWideners
Load Data MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RCBS Sold

Boolit Master

RCBS Sold

Hodgdon just announced that it has purchased RCBS. The company will remain in California keeping the present skilled workers and should remain a top rated company.
    73 de n0ubx, Rick
    NRA Benefactor Life Member/VFW Life Member

Considering the alternatives,,, that's not a bad thing.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Boolit Master

Yes, American owned is a good thing.
    73 de n0ubx, Rick
    NRA Benefactor Life Member/VFW Life Member

Boolit Buddy
    My straightshooter posts: https://castboolits.gunloads.com/sho...raight-shooter
    https://castboolits.gunloads.com/sho...RAIGHT-SHOOTER
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-shooter

Some people have reached out to me directly to put specific brass packages together regarding specific headstamps. Feel free to ask.

Boolit Grand Master

With Hodgdons reputation I think RCBS will be as good as if not even better. I think its a good "fit" for the 2

I just hope they don't GOEX RCBS.
    These men and their hypnotized followers call this a new order. It is not new. It is not order.

Boolit Master
    You really think that the company that has more than doubled the price of gunpowder in the past 2 years and seldom has any in stock, now has control of the most popular reloading tool company in the world is a good thing? All of the primer, gunpowder, and component problems are being caused by American corporations, the same corporations that have caused the demise of Remington, Marlin, DPMS and Dakota arms, the same corporations that have created one corporation that owns 75% of a primer production in America. The America that you and I love and believe in is gone. American citizens are marching and occupying colleges to protect terrorist. These companies were owned and founded by shooters, they are now run by thieves.

Don't think they will.....can't think of a friendlier take over........RCBS now has Kent Sakamoto back (works at Hodgdon) just promoted to RCBS National Sales Manager He quit RCBS because Vista would not let him do his job (Product Manager).....and RCBS suffered.

As a 50 year RCBS customer, I'm extremely happy.......finally, they shed their worthless taskmasters. Check the similar thread at THR.
    Last edited by GWS; 05-05-2024 at 07:50 PM.

Boolit Master

Guys the old days of reloading companies being owned and run by shooters and reloaders is gone forever. Vernon Speer, Fred Huntington SR, Len Brownell and others like them are not the modern cooperate owners. The reloading business, like the medical industry, the entertainment industry, are now owned by huge conglomerates whose only interest is the return on the dollar and pleasing the stockholders. Conscious and Compassion went out the window with the older generation. The company I worked for at one time no longer employes very many workers. Instead, they contract and sub-contract out most of the labor. Only the offices and company management is company. Why, because they do not have to provide medical benefits, workers comp., retirement, or life insurance, on those employees--it is up to the contractor and sub-contractor, who most of the time does not provide those benefits. Few even have vacation as a benefit. We are fast heading for a society that is controlled by and for the rich. And the government is in their corner (read that - hip pocket). my .02 anyway, james

Quote Originally Posted by TNsailorman View Post
    Guys the old days of reloading companies being owned and run by shooters and reloaders is gone forever. Vernon Speer, Fred Huntington SR, Len Brownell and others like them are not the modern cooperate owners. The reloading business, like the medical industry, the entertainment industry, are now owned by huge conglomerates whose only interest is the return on the dollar and pleasing the stockholders. Conscious and Compassion went out the window with the older generation. The company I worked for at one time no longer employes very many workers. Instead, they contract and sub-contract out most of the labor. Only the offices and company management is company. Why, because they do not have to provide medical benefits, workers comp., retirement, or life insurance, on those employees--it is up to the contractor and sub-contractor, who most of the time does not provide those benefits. Few even have vacation as a benefit. We are fast heading for a society that is controlled by and for the rich. And the government is in their corner (read that - hip pocket). my .02 anyway, james
    I agree that may be true too often in our country, but this new adventure for RCBS is way more positive....Hodgdon is still controlled by the Hodgdon family. They are shooters and they support shooters. Some of their other acquisitions in the last few years shows that they are not a non-hobby conglomerate as was Vista and the others since Huntington sold the company.

I think this is interesting:

https://hodgdonpowderco.com/news/hod...cbs-reloading/

Boolit Master

I sincerely hope you are right GWS, for everyone's sake. james

I emailed and got a reply from an RCBS engineer I know yesterday.....congratulating him. He said it's the best thing to happen at RCBS for a long while. Another good sign.......

I hope it'll be great for RCBS and Hodgdon both.

https://castboolits.gunloads.com/sho...Purchases-RCBS!
    BulletMatch: Cataloging the World's Bullets

Lead Alloy Calculator

I was wondering if they were going to finally produce a great progressive, looks more like a carry on as usual deal.

Boolit Master
    I hope it will be great for RCBS, Hodgdon, and most of all shooters!

Quote Originally Posted by jmorris View Post
    I was wondering if they were going to finally produce a great progressive, looks more like a carry on as usual deal.
    The difference is a non-gun conglomerate no longer calls the shots. They had to beg and plead for every dollar spent. And none was received for R&D if not on new products.....so upgrading and improving existing products, was practically non-existent, especially if it cost money, and cut into Vista's bottom line. Vista has no vision. Could not see the value of developing feeders, since the ones they made for the Pro 2000 weren't instant hits......and they were so close....just a little more development needed. But no....no vision at Vista.

Hoping Hodgdon has some......vision.

Prior to the Green Machine I was a RCBS guy. I had so much confidence in them that I believed the BS in the gun mags (even the IHMSA gave it a glowing report). That was an important lesson for me. Obviously no one @ RCBS ever tried to load ammo on it & I'm having a hard time forgiving them.

However, I wish the new owner well. Maybe they'll trash the new Pro Melt & go back to the original design.

I'll probably regret these remarks later.

Henry

I am just glad it was not the Belgian/French conglomerate bunch the went around the world buying everything in sight and screwed it all up with their woke and communist crap.
    Anyone that has delt with the French, know how bad they can screw up a one man picnic. The FFL is a great outfit because they are NOT French, except the offices can be French.
    “There is a remedy for all things, save death.“
    Cervantes

“Never give up, never quit.”
    Robert Rogers
    Roger’s Rangers

There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.
    Will Rogers

At least is was not the French / Belgian conglomerate.
    “There is a remedy for all things, save death.“
    Cervantes

“Never give up, never quit.”
    Robert Rogers
    Roger’s Rangers

There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.
    Will Rogers

Boolit Master
    Sadly, hopefully I'm wrong but "ebb" and "TNsailorman" most likely have it right.
    JW
    HOLLYWOOD Collector Left hawg 405#, right one 315#, had my elderly neighbors granddaughter treed and why I got the call. Both charged, one from 20' and one from 40'. Thanks to the good Lord and Samuel Colt I won. May God bless our Lawmen & Soldiers!