RepackboxInline FabricationLee PrecisionWideners
Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingLoad Data
Titan Reloading RotoMetals2
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: 454424 Keith 255gr Group Buy is Closed.

Boolit Master

454424 Keith 255gr Group Buy is Closed.

454424 Keith 255gr Mould Group Buy is Now Closed.

Last Call on the 454424 Keith 255gr Mould Group Buy. This Group Buy will close on August 31st. If you are interested in this mould it is time to move on it.

SwedeNelson (Al) asked me to honcho this Group Buy so that he could spend more time in the shop producing molds and less time on the paperwork. These molds will be produced by Night Owl Enterprises (NOE).

This Group Buy is from the interest generated by the Keith poll HERE.

The Group Buy is for a 255gr 454424 Keith style boolit. This buy will be based on drawings from previous group buys with 45 2.1's permission. It will be a solid nosed, plain based only boolit with hollow pointing available.

Solid Nose sketch

Hollow Point sketch

Moulds will be machined from 2024 Aluminum
    Used for high strength structural and aircraft applications.
    Tensile strength range 30,000 to 63,000 psi
    Sprue plate (blued), alignment pins, and hardware will be
    carbon steel.

The cost will be as follows:

Single cavity mould $68.00 Ea.
    Double cavity mould $72.00 Ea.
    Three cavity mould $79.00 Ea.
    Four cavity mould $85.00 Ea.
    Five cavity mould $92.00 Ea.

Shipping and handling will be $10 per order and shipped priority mail. If you live outside the United States contact me, and I will work with you.

Hollow pointing one cavity and furnishing a double ended pin would be $35.00 extra.
    If you want to fashion different HP profiles, an extra blank pin would be $1.50

The Group buy will close on August 31st. Tooling will be ordered once we get to 15 orders so there won’t be a delay once order is placed. Turn around time should be two to four weeks.

Use the Group Buy order system HERE to place your order. Print two copies of the order sheet and mail them both to me with your payment. Once we are ready to go, I will place the order with NOE. The molds will be shipped to me and I will distribute them. I will accept bank check, money order or PayPal + PayPal fees of (2.9% + .30). If using PayPal contact me first.

The mold is machined to use LEE Commercial 6-Cavity handles (not included).
    A Lyman, RCBS type top punch is furnished with each mould as well as a sample of Bull Plate sprue plate lube.

Visitors from other forums are welcome to participate in this group buy.
    Email me at scifijim - at - gmail.com
    Do the normal voodoo with the address to make it work, I don't want spambots to skim for my address.

Please leave a post here or PM me when you order and I will add you to the list.

I will post a running list of confirmed orders with username and options and a list of zip codes that payments have been received from in the next post.

Instructions on how to use the Group Buy Order page are HERE
    Last edited by 45nut; 09-01-2009 at 10:59 PM. Reason: added link to instructions

Custom Cast Boolits Google Search

The Learning Never Stops!

Boolit Master

Confirmed orders
    1. GLL - 1 cavity w/HP + three extra pins
    2. 96wa6 - 5 cavity
    3. GabbyM - 4 cavity
    4. dwt - 2 cavity
    5. DuaneH- 3 cavity
    6. dominicfortune00 - 4 cavity
    7. Thumbcocker - 3 cavity w/HP
    8. stubshaft - single cavity w/HP
    9. Frozone - 3 cavity
    10. hkpro91 - 3 cavity
    11. trap shooter - 4 cavity
    12. robertmcw - 2 cavity w/HP
    13. hamour - 5 cavity
    14. ddeaton - 5 cavity
    15. HiVelocity - 2 cavity w/HP
    16. pack3480 - 5 cavity
    17. 376styer - 5 cavity
    18. sandhillscowboy - 2 cavity w/HP + 1 extra blank pin
    19. Dale53 - 5 cavity
    20. Barnowl - 4 cavity w/HP
    21. Heavy lead - 5 cavity
    22. machinisttx - 4 cavity
    23. GL49 - 5 cavity
    24. bearcove - 5 cavity
    25. parkergunz*- 4 cavity

Zip codes of received payments
    Last edited by SciFiJim; 08-31-2009 at 02:14 AM. Reason: Adding zip code or order

Boolit Master
    Jim:

I will take 1 (one) single cavity HP version with three extra pins.

Jerry

S&W .38/44 Outdoorsman Accumulator

Boolit Master

GLL - added you to the list.
    Thank You
    Jim

Boolit Mold
    Dairyland USA (no, NOT California. The REAL dairyland.)
    I'm in, and whole hog. I'll get funds in the mail tomorrow for a 5-holer.

Best,

96wa6

Question, though. I've always liked two holes in my game, one entry and one exit. What's the thought behind an HP in a big ole hunk like this? Bigger exit holes? Or is it to reduce weight and shift it back in the bullet at the same time for accruacy?

Boolit Master

The thought for this or any boolit that is hp'd is to create a larger wound channel. Also, if there is no exit hole, then ALL of the energy is transferred to the animal. I guess the ideal would be to have the boolit stop just under the skin on the far side.

Boolit Mold
    Dairyland USA (no, NOT California. The REAL dairyland.)
    Okay. Two more questions;

1) I saw on some of the galleries two different kinds of HP pin systems; one that is remeniscent of Lymans, where the pin is removable and has a wood knob on it, the other with the HP pin is on two rods that pass through one mould half and is supposed to slide a little. Which are we talking about for these moulds?

2) Does an HP mould have to be a single cavity one or can a five-holer have one of the holes as an HP?

M.

Boolit Master

one that is remeniscent of Lymans, where the pin is removable and has a wood knob on it
    1. This is the style available on this mold.

2) Does an HP mould have to be a single cavity one or can a five-holer have one of the holes as an HP?
    You an get it in a single cavity mold or in one of the cavities of the 2,3,4, or 5 cavity molds.

Boolit Master
    Jim I am surprised at the lack of participation on this one. I thought that this would fill up quickly but it is a little slow. Maybe the weekend will help. I am sitting on the fence for a while to see what happens. I have several irons in the fire at this time but will watch and may order one before the close of this buy....Wes
    The problem in America today is, there are to many fools making to many rules that don't apply to themselves. Now just wait until the new pres. takes office and see what happens!!!!!

Boolit Master
    This 45 2.1 design is an outstanding bullet ! Here are some examples from the original Catshooter 454424 Group Buy and the 45 2.1 GB drawing for that buy to give you an idea !

I look forward to the HP version in single cavity !

Jerry

Boolit Master

Jerry - Thanks for the examples. They DO look nice.

Wes - I too am a little surprised at the slow response. 16 people in the poll HERE said that they would like one of these molds. I'll PM the link to this GB to all of them. Sometimes things get lost in the shuffle. Also, this GB doesn't close until the end of August. Maybe they are waiting until closer to the end to make a decision.

Boolit Mold
    I'm in for a 2-cavity , I will have send the $$ asap,

thanks,
    Dale

Boolit Master
    Wes:

Swede has a least five different mould orders in the pipe.

Perhaps people are waiting to see results of these other Group Buys before signing up ??

Seeing an actual example of NOE work and how they cast may be incentive to order!

I know I am looking forward to having one of the HP moulds to test.

The sample in their photo looks very nice !

Jerry

Boolit Master
    Jerry I really like this design I have the RCBS version and would like to get in on this GB but will have to wait awhile to see if I have the funds. I would like to get the RCBS mould hollow pointed by Erik and then use the GB for solids....Wes
    The problem in America today is, there are to many fools making to many rules that don't apply to themselves. Now just wait until the new pres. takes office and see what happens!!!!!

Boolit Master
    Wes:

I have had the RCBS 45-255 & 45-270 converted to HP by Buckshot. The results were very good !

I have a custom version of the CAT 454424 HP & it is outstanding. I wanted to try this new one with different pin designs.

Here is a photo of the RCBS 45-255 (center) and the 454424 CAT Group Buy (right) for your comparison. RCBS 45-270 on the left.

Jerry

Quote Originally Posted by GLL View Post
    Wes:

Swede has a least five different mould orders in the pipe.

Perhaps people are waiting to see results of these other Group Buys before signing up ??

Seeing an actual example of NOE work and how they cast may be incentive to order!

I know I am looking forward to having one of the HP moulds to test.

The sample in their photo looks very nice !

Jerry
    Exactly why I am not in yet. I have 2 molds on order from Swede and wish to see one and cast with one before more. Been burnt too much lately with slow delivery and out of spec molds to go head over heals. I think that is fair enough and not too much to ask. How close are we to getting a mold out for some tests?

Boolit Master

The first production molds out will be the 360180WFNGC group buy. They will hopefully be shipping by the end of the week.

Boolit Buddy
    I too am waiting for more posts on the other molds already ordered. I also have two molds on order from Miha.

Boolit Master
    Jerry thanks for the pictures I really like the RCBS boolit best but like the man says, ya have to use whats here now..... Oh well it sounded good....
    Really I like all 3 of the boolits, just have to wait and see about the funds..... Once again thanks for the great pictures...Wes

On second look and thought I like the RCBS version better but that is just to me. It looks more like the Keith boolit to me. The GB boolit looks more like my H & G s502 just with a little longer nose, I think and that is one of my favorite moulds. Oh well what the heck....Wes
    Last edited by hammerhead357; 06-29-2009 at 12:03 AM. Reason: second look and thoughts

Little Egypt, Part of the political fifedom of Chicago
    Quote Originally Posted by GLL View Post
    I have a custom version of the CAT 454424 HP & it is outstanding. I wanted to try this new one with different pin designs.
    Jerry-
    I have three versions myself with normal to large cavities. What alloy and speed you shoot will determine which one you use.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast