Snyders JerkyTitan ReloadingWidenersReloading Everything
Inline FabricationRepackboxLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load Data RotoMetals2

Thread: Looking for Info Regarding a Liberty Press

Boolit Buddy

Looking for Info Regarding a Liberty Press

Hello Everyone.

I'm a new member and this is my first post.

I posted on another site and it was recommended that I inquire here.

This was the press my father used. I have it now and would like to find out some info regarding it.

He bought it around 1970 from a shop in Baltimore. The shop has long been out of business. It is smaller than an RCBS JR and quite sturdy. He also bought the dies with it, which are .30-30.

I aquired this press around 1980. It was the only press I used until two years ago when I began aquiring used presses as they came along. The little Liberty has loaded thousands of rounds of pistol and rifle ammo from .38 Spl. to 300 H&H.

I've done some internet research and the only reference I have found is of Liberty Arms Montrose, Calif. An apparent arms distributor. However, I have found nothing regarding any reloading products they may have sold.

If anyone can share some infor regarding Liberty reloading products, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks Much,

Isaac

Boolit Grand Master
    That's a new one on me! I'm sure pressman or one of the others will jump in here, but in the meanwhile, that is a great way to start with your first post... nice eye candy indeed! Since you still have the box, I don't suppose there is any other paperwork with it as well, is there? Anyway, welcome aboard and enjoy the insanity with us.

Froggie

Boolit Master

Very nice press and well maintained, it too will last many lifetimes if kept in that shape. You can use them and they will still last.

Hopefully Pressman comes along here shortly.

Boolit Buddy
    Thank you for the kind welcome.

I no longer have the box for the press, however I still have the paper work for the dies. Frankly there is not much to the instructions. Just a one piece sheet with drawings and written instructions about how to set the dies up.

I'll try to get a photo posted this weekend.

I have a four year old grandson that seems to be showing an interest in the shooting sports. He loves for me to show him my firearms. I commented to the Mrs. that at some point should he show an interest in reloading, the Liberty will be his press.

Thanks

Isaac

it reminds me of both an older lyman and a rcbs but the rcbs i have from around that time frame has a green handle ( but that doesnt mean much especially if it was made as a "branded" press ) and i also admit that i'm far from an expert let alone a novice :P
    Je suis Charlie

" To sit in judgment of those things which you perceive to be wrong or imperfect is to be one more person who is part of judgment, evil or imperfection."
    Wayne Dyer
    if it was easy would it be as worthy ? or as long of lasting impression ? the hardest of lessons are the best of teachers [shrugz]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLzFhOslZPM

Banned
    Isaac, your Liberty is in really nice shape. It is a welcome sight to see the dies and paper work associated with it.
    Paradise Calif is about 25 miles west of Oroville were RCBS is. They are not/were not connected, at least my sources will not admit it.

Thyere are four presses with differeing names coming from the same molds. The Precision Reloader PR-6, your Liberty, Titan and EWI. The only difference is the color of their paint. There is also a C frame version of the Precision Reloader in two sizes. Full size and a half size model, PR-3, for handgun calibers.

Precision seems to be the founding company with the rest following after the death of the founder.

Ken
    They seem to date from the late 1950's through the early 1960's.

Boolit Buddy
    Pressman: Thank you very much for the information. That certainly is much more than I ever knew about it.

Isaac

Quote Originally Posted by Pressman View Post
    Isaac, your Liberty is in really nice shape. It is a welcome sight to see the dies and paper work associated with it.
    Paradise Calif is about 25 miles west of Oroville were RCBS is. They are not/were not connected, at least my sources will not admit it.

Thyere are four presses with differeing names coming from the same molds. The Precision Reloader PR-6, your Liberty, Titan and EWI. The only difference is the color of their paint. There is also a C frame version of the Precision Reloader in two sizes. Full size and a half size model, PR-3, for handgun calibers.

Precision seems to be the founding company with the rest following after the death of the founder.
    I'm not sure about the same press with different names. Last year I bought a Precision Reloader PR6 and it is a C frame press, not an O frame press. It looks similar to this one which recently sold on ebay. The link will only be good for a limited time. Other than the C vs. O frame, all the other parts such as the ram, handle, lever look identical. It is very well built and something that can easily last several lifetimes.

Banned
    I made a mis que. The O frame press is a PR-7, the C frame a PR-6. There are four versions of the O frame as listed.
    Ken