WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxSnyders Jerky
Lee PrecisionLoad DataRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
Inline Fabrication Titan Reloading

Thread: Loads for RD 432265 and RD 432300 in 444 Marlin

Boolit Buddy

Loads for RD 432265 and RD 432300 in 444 Marlin

I've been trying to find a good place to start with these as I wanna use a 444 on my elk and deer hunts this fall. I've got H-4198, H335, W748, IMR 3031, IMR 4198, RL-7 on hand just to name a few.

I am leaning towards the 300 gr. but not opposed to the 265gr.

I have looked at RD's load notes and thought I'd just back off from those to start out. But I'm wondering if anyone has a good "go to" load for these two bullets?

Boolit Buddy
    look at the Hornady manual for 265 grain jsp for the .444. Use the starting data. Several of the powders you listed are mentioned in the Hornady manual

Boolit Master

Dave,
    444 is my favorite big-bore; been loading it for years. I suggest you go to Bear Tooth Bullets website and look up the articles that Marshal Stanton has written on the 444. He has done all the work.

I load a 285gr RNFP-GC (copy of Lyman 430640) with RL-7, and like it a lot. I'm confident it will kill anything in North America. It's also very hard to beat the 4198s, H335, and H322. I'd like to try out the new IMR-8208, but I've not gotten any of the new stuff.

I've loaded some 300gr JSPs and the Hornady 265gr JSP, but not in a long time, and can't remember the loads. I've also loaded lighter and heavier bullets, but I've never loaded the lead boolits in the weights you're asking about.
    Group Buy Honcho for: 9x135 Slippery, 45x200 Target (H&G68), 45x230 Gov't Profile, 44x265 Keith

E-mail or PM me if you have one of the following commemorative Glocks you'd like to sell: FBI 100yr, Bell Helo, FOP Lodge1, Kiowa Warrior, SCI, and any new/unknown-to-me commemoratives.