Wideners Reloading Everything
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Post Office slow or lost Check

Boolit Master

The LAST State to allow Conceal Carry -The new 5O

Post Office slow or lost Check

Post Office slow or lost Check

Sent 18 of Aug
    So we are at 12 days or 10 working days.

IL to ID

Anyone else with a sad tale?

Thanks
    Last edited by DCP; 08-30-2010 at 10:55 AM.
    LOYALTY ABOVE ALL ELSE, EXCEPT HONOR

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading." -- Thomas Jefferson

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
    Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Boolit Master

I've sent things half way across the country in two days. I've also sent things two towns over and have it take three days. The whole system is a cr@p shoot...Ray
    Last edited by RayinNH; 08-30-2010 at 10:48 AM. Reason: defeat editing software
    Proud member in the basket of deplorables.

I've got the itch, but don't got the scratch.

Boolit Master

The LAST State to allow Conceal Carry -The new 5O
    It cost $25.00 to stop payment on the check

This puts the cost of the mold up to $135.00

Paypal would have been a whole bunch cheaper.

This may cost me $25.00 extra dollars because of the USPS

The Question is, how long do I wait to stop payment?
    LOYALTY ABOVE ALL ELSE, EXCEPT HONOR

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading." -- Thomas Jefferson

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
    Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Boolit Master

I'd wait another week . . . if you trust the seller, I might wait longer, or send another check, and ask the seller to return the second check if it shows up . . . I would not pay $25 to stop payment on a check that small.

Keep checking you bank to see if it has been cashed. (maybe someone else got it?)
    John 3: 16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Boolit Master
    This is precisely why I've gone to using nothing but postal money orders usually sent with delivery comfirmation. It costs a touch more but I feel more comfortable.
    I had one money order, purchased at the bank, that was lost and it was a hassle and costly stopping the payment on it and replacing.
    https://wbrpc.org/

genealogy, another area of interest

feedback - http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...9613-czech_too

Boolit Master

A few years back I bought a gun from a fellow at the club. He said just send me a check as he lives about 30 miles away and gave me the gun. I sent the check and after a couple weeks it had not arrived so I sent another which did. I think he thought I was BS"ing him until 3 months later the original check showed up! I did not put a stop on it and just had him tear it up.
    "Masculine republics give way to feminine democracies, and feminine democracies give way to tyrannies.” Aristotle

Boolit Bub
    Had a notifacation of a change in payrate sent supposedly on the 1st of October. It got to me on the 30th which was two weeks after the effective date on it.

Boolit Master

They continue to amaze me with their intermittant service.

Boolit Master
    I bet it'll show up. They've misplaced my mail for a while but never lost it. I often send cash for small purchases here to sellers cross country and have never been burned. I know, I'm tempting the devil but it feels so good when a distant stranger comes thru on the up and up. Renews my faith. Funny thing is I'm a pessimist by nature. Feels good when people don't let me down. Never been burned or disapointed buying anything off this forum. Casters aren't lazy, thieves are.

Moderator Emeritus

Sent my BIL a check last Dec. He found it in the bushes between his neighbors fence and his when spring came to Wyoming about April. Stuff happins. He doesn't know if it blew out of his hand or the Postmans when they were at the box.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Boolit Buddy
    Yep, I mostly stick with the postal money order, and confirmation..............steg

Boolit Grand Master

Good morning
    I have mailed numerous checks from here in Peru to numerous cities throughout the 48... they all made. Only one took a unque llama path and furried about for 2 months. Most letters from here get delivered in 8-10 days.
    "Behold The Lamb of God that taketh away the sin of the world". John 1:29
    Male Guanaco out in dry lakebed at 10,800 feet south of Arequipa.

Boolit Buddy

Ten (10) years ago give or take a couple............

I don't remember exactly how long ago I sent an $800.00 deposit to a bank in AR from Memphis TN. One of the checks in the deposit was mine. My check has never been cashed. The bank never received the deposit. It's still out there somewhere.

BG

bgokk Benefactor Member NRA
    The second amendment is the guarantee for all the other amendments...........

Boolit Master
    Except for someone/company I really trust, I pay by Visa/money order. If they don't take it I don't buy.

We had an item come back undelivered recently. The first delivery attempt was two days after it we mailed it. The second delivery attempt was 20 days later. What was the post office doing with the item for 20 days? Our mailman told us they are supposed to either deliver the item or return it in 3 days.
    Have mercy.
    A haw, haw, haw, haw, a haw.
    A haw, haw, haw

Boolit Master

As I posted in the other thread on this in the off-topic forum, we've had at least 3 pieces of mail lost in the mail in the last few years. Make that four actually; a utility payment that actually showed up in pieces a couple months later, a graduation card with a check, a Gunbroker payment (postal money orders from now on- no more bank cashier's checks), and just last month a lost mortgage payment. We pay as much on-line as possible now.

I had a flat-rate envelope full of lead returned a while back. Apparently someone at the PO didn't like a 20 pound envelope, returned it with a note saying I owed another $40 postage or something on it. I took it down to the PO and the postal guy there just shook his head. He said there was no problem with it at all and that he had seen them much heavier. He sent it out again and it went through fine.

Boolit Master

So, if a USPS Money Order gets lost, what is the advantage? Can you stop payment on it easily online? NO. Do you know if it really got there by checking you bank account in case the receiver is trying to rip you off? NO. Can you easily get your money back if you think it is lost? NO. A money Order is mostly for the convenience of the seller not the buyer. I prefer checks. Or better yet, Paypal, gunhaters or not they provide a good service.

Boolit Master

Amen, Springfield. They fuel the gun market if they know it or not. Period.
    Good, Cheap, Fast: Pick two.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Boolit Grand Master
    sometimes it is our own errors that cause things to not go where they were supposed to
    could be as simple as leaving a # off the zip or misspelling a street add or something
    but it seems the po gets a bad rap
    I just sent something to Canada it made it took awhile but it got there

Boolit Buddy
    Shotguun barrel NJ to North CArolina - 29 days

USPS money order Pa to Maine via Priority Mail - - 17 days (I can drive there in 5 hours)
    Lost in Penn's Woods.