MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionLoad DataReloading Everything
Snyders JerkyTitan ReloadingRepackboxRotoMetals2
Inline Fabrication Wideners

Thread: bad day

Boolit Master

bad day

i hope you laugh at this.....

today i patched up a few 303s to test,loaded them over 13 grains of red dot.

i had five that did not look to hot,so,i put valve grinding compound on them and loaded them.

i thought i would see if i could clean up a real dark bore.

i drove 3 miles to the range,met a buddy,and asked him to look down my bore to see the before and after;and see if we would agree as to how much brighter it would be after.

much to my dismay i left the bolt home........

well i DID get a bunch of brass 9mm,40,223,270wsm,270,380.

we had a good laugh over it,i hope you have done something similar.

Wow, that sounds almost as good as my father taking my brother from out of state hunting. And when they get to the lease they discover that the trigger locks are on the guns and the key for them is back at the house in the safe. Happens to the best of us.

Boolit Master

Or going to a M/L shoot and taking the capper instead of the priming horn to shoot flint.

That's me leaving my mags at home when shooting pistols...

Boolit Bub
    Yep left the ammo can at home and brought the can of spare cleaning gear. Long drive back!

Boolit Buddy
    Beautiful downtown Suckradimento, Kalifornica

Not Just ONCE!

Me? My flavorite is to bring everything but the dies. If it were the primers, I could buy more at the range but, OH NO, I just COULDN"T doooooo that . . . it has to be the dies. I just say, "Sunken ditch!!", then pack'em up and proceed back to where I started.

The reason that you laugh all the way home is so that you will not cry all the way home. Sometimes, the laugh sounds a bit odd, but let's not get picky! Besides, it really IS funny. BTW, my range is 27 miles away along a two-laner ~~~> that's TOTAL, not per side.
    Zeek

Boolit Master
    All your posts made me feel better! i thought i was about the only one that did something foolish. bet i never forget a bolt again....wonder what it WILL be?

Yup. Been there, done that! More than once.Taking the wrong bolt is another flavourite of mine.
    Rest In Peace My Son (01/06/1986 - 14/01/2014)

''Assume everything that moves is a human before identifying as otherwise''

3 miles? Boo hoo :P

Its a 35 minute drive to my range. I learned early not to leave stuff its usually not there when I get back

Boolit Master
    I've taken my Ruger BH 45 Colt to the range only to discover the ammo box contained 44 Specials....AFTER shooting one!
    Last night I laboriously removed a lead core from a .30 cal soft nose to size and bump up to slug a barrel. After removing the engraved slug I set it down on the work bench to put the rifle aside. I never saw that slug again. It simply was gone. I repeated the process all over again.
    Dutch

"The future ain't what it used to be".
    -Yogi Berra.

Boolit Master
    Back a few years, a friend and I were headed into elk camp.

We stopped before getting close to camp to foul our barrels and the friend found out he's left his bolt at home.

He got to camp a bit late that night.

The bright part is, he found out about it before daylight the next morning!

Keep em coming!

Crusty Deary Ol'Coot

Boolit Buddy
    Beautiful downtown Suckradimento, Kalifornica
    "Experience" makes you realize that there is nothing so simple that you cannot find a new-and-marvelous way to screw it up. Variety may, indeed, the the spice of life, but that does not apply to novel ways to screw something up. Sometimes, it goes waaaaaay beyond *****. Any more, in order to keep tears to a minimum, I just regard it as part of my skill set.
    Zeek

Boolit Master
    Hey Zeek,

Are you located some where close to Califunnyia?

Keep em coming!

Crusty Deary Ol'Coot

Boolit Master

WORSE THAN THAT !!!!
    Went skeet shooting, finished, went home, unloading the car.
    No shotgun....... Left a Pigeon Grade Browning Superposed sitting outside the clubhouse in the rack.

Quickly called the club and they ran outside, whew !!!!! Drove back to the club to get the gun.

Nutty life

Mike

Boolit Buddy
    My brother called and asked me to bring a smallbore rifle to the next match for my nephew to use. I laid all the gear out the night before and loaded up in the morning and went to the match. When I got to the match I had my nephews rifle but not mine . I ended up using my brothers rifles (he has a scoped rifle and a metallic sight rifle he shoots on alternate relays). The down side was I have had a desire for a Martini ever since.

Any more, in order to keep tears to a minimum, I just regard it as part of my skill set.
    Yup! They say it builds character and test ones mettle and all that ..... Yup!

Anyway, since there is nothing I can do to undo my screw ups, I just resign myself to the "Oh well .... " expression. You know .... "pooh happens!" and, "You cannot unring a bell!" ... and so on.
    Rest In Peace My Son (01/06/1986 - 14/01/2014)

''Assume everything that moves is a human before identifying as otherwise''

Boolit Master
    Not shooting related, but once went to an out of town wedding and traveled about 45 minutes when I realized I had forgotten my shoes. Not wanting to wear tennis shoes with my suit I went back and got them. (I do all my shooting at my father-in-law's farm 5 minutes away, so if I forget something I just go back and get it. I drive an hour one way for reloading supplies, but 5 minutes to go deer hunting. Ain't life grand!)
    "There is not a single instance in history in which civil liberty was lost, and religious liberty preserved entire. If therefore we yield up our temporal property, we at the same time deliver the conscience into bondage." --John Witherspoon, The Dominion of Providence Over the Passions of Men. 1776

"The words of the Lord are pure words, like silver refined in a furnace on the ground, purified seven times." Psalm 12:6 (E.S.V.)

Boolit Master

Talking

I went to a match once and forgot my ammo but got lucky because a friend of mine had extra for me to use. As to trigger locks I do not use them in stead I use the small luggage combination locks and leave the combination on 0000 so as not to forget it and the lock is small enough to fit in the zipper of a soft case.

Boolit Grand Master

Well since everybody is fessing up. I once found a claw hammer in the refrig. and it reminded me where the mayo was.
    That was a cool hammer, but the mayo was spoiled.

Boolit Master
    Oh Mold Maker, I like that one!

Reminds me of things better left un-told.

Would hate for folks here abouts to think I'm a bad as I sound!

Keep em coming!

Crusty Deary Ol'Coot