Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingSnyders Jerky
Inline FabricationLoad DataRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
Repackbox Wideners

Thread: Rossi 92 last round doesn't always eject

Banned

Rossi 92 last round doesn't always eject

I got a Rossi 92 and I can't seem to make the last round eject consistently. Is there some sort of trick to it, or is this just a shortcoming of the 1892 design?

Boolit Master
    That happens with mine too if I'm not "deliberate" with the lever..... It happens because there isn't a loaded round helping to push the empty out. At speed, it ejects all fine, if yours doesn't, maybe there's an issue, or maybe a little more "break in" time will help...

Dan

Banned
    Sometimes it will launch the brass pretty far even when I work the lever slowly, but other times it won't pop out even when i throw the lever open as fast as I can.

I was at the range today and I single loaded most of my shots to see what would happen, and about half of the casings ejected while the other half didnt.

Boolit Master

I think there might be a burr in or around the ejector area causing it to hangup or slow the force applied to the case when extracted.
    The 92 has a very positive ejection system.
    Calamity Jake

NRA Life Member
    SASS 15704
    Shoot straight, keepem in the ten ring.

Banned
    I haven't be able to locate any burrs on the ejector, bolt, extractor, or anything else that might affect ejection as far as I can tell...

Banned
    This is what happens when I try to eject an empty case with no rounds in the tube.

Boolit Master

Your extractor (middle top of bolt) should hold on to the rim of the case tensioning it against the top of the chamber until the case lip clears the chamber. At that point the ejector (bottom half of the bolt face) pivots the case up and out with spring tension. I think your extractor is not holding on to the case rim for some reason( dirt, lip worn or improperly shaped, lack of spring tension etc) and it's sliding out and down. You should feel a snap when closing the lever as the extractor goes over the rim of the cartridge that would indicate good spring tension on the extractor. The rest you will have to look at. Hope this helps.
    "Masculine republics give way to feminine democracies, and feminine democracies give way to tyrannies.” Aristotle

Boolit Bub
    I had this happen to mine when it was tuned. The GS got the ejector spring too light. Without a cartridge on the carrier to help kick the previous one out it would do just what yours is doing.
    I ended up putting a slightly heavier ejector spring in and that cured the problem.

Joe