Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingRepackboxSnyders Jerky
Wideners Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: fighting skeeters while smelting?

Boolit Master
    +1 to the thermacell.. I bought two of these last season and early season duck hunting in California the skeeters are thick on those warm first days. I put one in each corner of the blind opening day and had nary a nibble after they were on for a bit.

Boolit Buddy
    My fellow Mainahs have probably heard of this, don't know if it ever trickled out to the rest of the country... Old Time Woodsman

I love the stuff and swear it works great, but that's just my opinion. Stinks to high heaven tho. Well, some people think it stinks, I classify it with Hoppes #9 and PB Blaster.

But for full disclosure, my Grandfather hated the stuff. He told me once if all he had was Old Time Woodsman and the bugs were getting to him, he'd smear it on a tree and let em chew the bark off THAT.
    "Yes, I handload almost exclusively. No, it isn't really cheaper, but I shoot a lot more...."

You have to remember that you are dealing with clueless idiots.
    They couldn't get a clue even if they rubbed clue musk all over themselves, and did the clue mating dance, in a room full of horny clues. -Matt G.

Believe it or not if you spray WD-40 above them it will take them down.
    Get's into their breathing orafice's and on the wing's.
    I've used it in a pinch but ALWAY'S have Deep Wood's Off or some other bug juice with me.
    Try REALLY soaking an old work shirt with bug juice and then putting that over what your wearing.
    They home in on CO2 and see in the UV spectrum. The colour blue is a neon buffet sign to them.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by troy_mclure View Post
    my spray was 100% deet.

i think the co2 from the propane draws them more than the repellent repels them.

ill try the thermacell and citronella flux tonite

oh, im in houma, louisiana.
    Ahh. A fellow coonass. I'm on the westbank of the New Orleans area, Gretna. We call it the best bank. LOL

Going over some of the other post I have to make a correction. Maybe a few to many Buds. (Glad I wasn't doing any loading that night) Said I live in Southwest, La. Duh. New Orleans is in the Southeast. That is right huh? Sun rises in the east and sets in the west? LOL
    Last edited by armyrat1970; 05-08-2010 at 06:48 AM.
    If a man has nothing greater to believe in than himself, he is a very lonely man.