Titan ReloadingInline FabricationRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
Load DataSnyders JerkyLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
Wideners Repackbox
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NRA Grievance Petition ...

Boolit Master

john-boy,

...I'm not a BP shooter, but I am an NRA member and put my name in support of your cause. The Directors are needing a kick on the shins.

Wishing you success,

Y.T.
    Wt.
    "Only when the Muslims (Arabs) begin to love their children as much as they hate us, will there be peace."
    Golda Mier

"Fear is a reaction, courage is a decision"
    Luca Scato

For years I've known people that have tried to get answers from the NRA regarding just who makes what up there and the only thing they've gotten in return is a PIE CHART!! No data that was meaningful!! You'd have to file a suit or hire an attorney to file a FOI paper to find out that info!! Me thinks that the petition is the proper way to possibly get the attention of the upper echelon of the NRA....but my suspicions are....based upon 55 years of dealing with the NRA....that you just as well may be out behind the barn whistiling Dixie!! Those boys up there have got 'em a 'Honey Hole'.....and the excuse of 'lack of funding'....means......PAYROLL FIRST!!
    "The South died with Stonewall Jackson!"

RMulhern wrote:

For years I've known people that have tried to get answers from the NRA regarding just who makes what up there and the only thing they've gotten in return is a PIE CHART!! ....
    If you were to go to www.guidestar.com, then register there, log in, then you can do a search for the NRA's tax file'ings. They are called IRS Form 990's.

Guidestar.com has the NRA form 990's for 2006, 2007, and 2008. They are in a .pdf format, so you might have to update your Adobe Acrobat reader.

Somewhere in that Form 990, it will be listed what all the employees make.

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    Russell, one can only view all 990's in Guidestar if:
    1. They buy the Premium Service
    2. Are the designated registered person for a 990 organization on Guidestar and initiate the GuideStar Exchange steps.

Others just get a summary of the org with no capability to view the 990's
    Regards
    John

At first, I started punching in a long-ish post, but the long story short for the people following along at home...just try the guidestar.com thing for yourself. It works for me, and I didn't pay a dime for a premium membership.

Guidestar

Quote Originally Posted by Russel Nash View Post
    At first, I started punching in a long-ish post, but the long story short for the people following along at home...just try the guidestar.com thing for yourself. It works for me, and I didn't pay a dime for a premium membership.
    Russel

Ok....why don't you make a quick trip over there.....cut/paste what the TOP DOGS are being paid and let us know???

"The South died with Stonewall Jackson!"

I really need ro figure out screen shots, and how to amke that much money in one hour a week.

Pete

On your keyboard, kinda on the right most third of it, near the top, but before you get to the numbers only keypad, there should be a button called "Print scr" for print screen.

I downloaded a free photo editing program called Irfanview. Just google that.

So you get to some screen that you want to take a capture of, then hit the print screen button.

Open up Irfanview, click on the black empty area, then hit the CNTRL+V to paste the screen capture to the Irfanview "clipboard".

VOILA! Your screen shot is now up and available for cropping or editing or whatever.

Then you can go to the upper left of Irfanview, click on file, just like any other program, then click on "Save as".

I saved it as something applicable and easily memorable, as a .jpg. Then I uploaded that to photobucket.

You can also do the CNTRL+V thing to paste it to a word .doc document for example.

Irfanview is also pretty handy at resizing images if you want to use them as avatars on forums.

switching gears here a bunch....I am wondering if say the American Red Cross is also set up as a non-profit and also has their tax info online too. Hmmn???

Yeah, it would be nice to bring in that much jack for just an hour a week.

Boolit Master
    Fellers someone correct me if I'm reading this incorrect. I might not be puttin' a decimal in the right place. Did Lapierre really make 1.2 million dollars last year? And the payout for the next 4 officers is another 1.8 million dollars? Is that correct? That can't be right..is it? Audie..clutching his chest..the Oldfart..

Boolit Master on Heaven's Range
    Damn.....Seems to be. I wonder how bad Chris Cox needs the $20 I send the NRA-ILA now and again. Maybe he can put it in for me as I made (grossed) less than 20k this year and he made 583K plus 77k (other comp?) SHEEEESH
    Oh.....almost forgot-- THANK YOU RUSSEL!!!
    "HMMMM.........It wasn't spos'ta do THAT!"

Boolit Buddy

I signed it, thanks for bringing to our attention.

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    Russell's post didn't capture the 2008 compensation for Wayne LaPierre, NRA Executive Vice President...
    W-2 Wages ... $1,139,568
    Other Reportable Income ... $123,533

And here is the 2008 Form 990 for the NRA Special Contribution Fund ... which is for the operation and maintenace of the Whittington Center ...
    http://www.guidestar.org/FinDocument...05747dd1-9.pdf

Whittington Center Compensation
    Regards
    John

Boolit Master

WE'RE PAYIN' LA PIERRE $550 AN HOUR??? I wanna follow him around for one day to see what in hell he does. Boys, an honest wage I'd never begrudge anyone, but he better be raising 10 times that non-inclusive of membership dues to be worth his paycheck

SS
    NRA Life Member Since 1981

"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good"-- George Washington

II Corinthians 4:8-9. We are hard-pressed on every side, yet not crushed; we are perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted but not forsaken, struck down, but not destroyed."

Psalms 25:2 O my God, I trust in thee: let me not be ashamed, let not mine enemies triumph over me.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Right there is what is wrong with this whole darn world. You always have some fat cat wanting to get more than he deserves. I don't care what the heck he or anyone of them other high paid desk jockeys do they aint worth it. Sorry for the rant fellas but this just burns my butt.

Boolit Master
    What is the point of this thread? Seriously.
    It is filled with whinning, crying, sniveling, petty argumentative points, and negative thoughts about THE ONLY inside the beltway gun lobby orginazation that works in our current system period.
    You can have all the arguments against them for whatever reason, be it that they don't support your sport the way you would like, they give away cheesy gifts when they should use 100% of the money towards the fight, or they pay the employees too much.
    It sounds like a episode of the View around here.
    Like it or not these people earn every damn dime they make, they have contacts, knowledge, and wisdom that only a lifetime of experience doing what they do can only bring. Like it or not, most of the successful people in life earn what they do, not because they are overly smart, but rather of who they know, and what they can accomplish, their networking skills far surpass what a normal person can or ever will attain, it is a special talent.
    Like it or not we'd better hope for a healthy NRA that pays good employees good wages not only for the second ammendment, but for the sake of the whole constitution.
    Let us not go the route of the class warefare, it will put us all in the ground.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by heavy lead View Post
    it sounds like a episode of the view around here.
    ...lol.

Boolit Bub
    Heavy Lead:
    I can respect your opinion, but I'm too much of an independent thinker to drink the cool-aid. I'll continue to support the NRA becasue they are the only game in town defending gun owners. But they certainly are distant, non-responsive and apparently inept at supportive communication with their membership. They need to remember it's our damn dime before it's theirs.
    Respectfully,
    Timbo

@ Heavy Lead...

I think you kinda missed the point, especially the point that John Boy was making when he posted the salaries of the Whittington Center Range.

Which, I guess is where, this big black powder nationals level match was supposed to be.

With those guys bringing in more than one million dollars a year combined salary-wise, I think they could have chipped in about a thousand bucks each out of their own pockets and put on the black powder match.

My point that I was getting at earlier, that I might not have nicely summarized and concluded for ya'll is that NRA is "dis'n" one sport so that he can chase advertising dollars with 3 gun competitions...in my opinion.

As far as the higher highers at the NRA being wise and having all this insider knowledge and what not...MAN! I sure wish they would spread that kinda wisdom around.

Heck, they wouldn't even have to pay me but forty thousand dollars a year for my one hour of work a week.

I'm guessing when you have 323 million dollars per year coming in ya don't really have to be all that buddy buddy with Congressman X or industry insider Y...I'm thinking they won't gasp if you use the wrong fork at some "Friends of the NRA" dinner.

Hmmn... looking over Heavy Lead's response...I am really beginning to think that "networking skills" is a euphemism for something else. I haven't figured out what that something else is just yet.

Oh, yeah, for the Blackpowder competitors following along with this thread, my best advice to ya'll is to forget the grievance petition and give the finger back to the NRA by starting your own non-profit organization for blackpowder competitions. (That's why there is an IDPA, a USPSA, and at one time a separate Steel Challenge Association).

Then find a non-NRA paid for range to host your nationals at.

When you guys end up having your nationals, if you really want to muck things up, send the surrounding hotels and restaurants around the Whittington center a note telling them how much money they lost out on because some people at the NRA have their heads up their butts.