RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingSnyders Jerky
WidenersLoad DataRepackboxInline Fabrication
Titan Reloading Lee Precision
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Well it finally happened - paying for wheel weights

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    If you have brake and alignment shops around, they are also a source.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Mold
    40 bucks up here in Alaska.
    BTW if anyone is driving up here, I will feed them a nice moose steak for some lead.

The last 4 buckets I've got cost me a couple pizzas, some soda pop and a bucket of beer. About 30 bucks I guess. The last 3 buckets before that I had them throw them in on the deal when I had new struts and tires put on the car.

Hey 11b, where do you live in Alaska?

Boolit Mold
    Fairbanks I am retiring from the Army soon!!

Well howdy neighbor and congrats and thank you for your service!

Boolit Mold
    Thank you Sir, and its nice to know there are a few bullet casters out there.
    Let me know what you need or want, maybe we could conduct some trading operations. I am looking for a good bullet mold for a 45-70 Marlin any suggestions? I was thinking a Saeco as I already have handles and I really like their molds. PM me if you need something.

Boolit Buddy
    I've been paying $25 a bucket or so. Wheel weights have been pretty hard to come by, so I've been sifting the berm at the range. I can get 100lbs of bullets in an hour or so. The real work is melting them down, and sifting out all the jackets.

bucket for $35 to $40. I walked away since I'm spoiled to getting them free for the asking.
    I'd gladly pay 40 bucks for a full 5 gal bucket.
    Appalachian American

When told the reason for daylight savings time the Old Indian said, “Only the Government would believe that you could cut a foot off the top of a blanket, sew it to the bottom, and have a longer blanket.”

Boolit Buddy
    I have been reloading for about a year,but have been having trouble getting primers and powder. I had been considering casting boolets since i started reloading and i finally ordered my first two bullet molds, which were the lee two cavity 9mm tl 124gn and the two cavity 38 tl 158gn rn. i plan to use ww for an alloy since my father owns a tire shop an ww will be easy to get. my question is did i make a good choise on molds for the beginner?

I pay $40 canadian a 5 gal bucket but i also told him he would never sell another bucket if its mostly garbage, steel weights and zinc. In a small town if you screw somebody it don't take long for it to get around. I will seperate it all and take that off the next bucket full. I don't expect something for nothing but i also expect to be treated fair.
    Lean into 'er and let 'er buck!!!

i finally ordered my first two bullet molds, which were the lee two cavity 9mm tl 124gn and the two cavity 38 tl 158gn rn. i plan to use ww for an alloy since my father owns a tire shop an ww will be easy to get. my question is did i make a good choise on molds for the beginner?
    emorris: Welcome to the forum. I'd say you can't go wrong with either of those moulds. . . but once you're hooked, they'll start multiplying