Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionSnyders JerkyRepackbox
Load DataRotoMetals2WidenersInline Fabrication
Reloading Everything MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Mould Lube Pencil

Generous Donator

Mould Lube Pencil

To make a lube pencil take a small tomato sauce can and cut the top about 3/4 of the way around, take the flap and bend it until it brakes off. Solder a 22 case at the top and drill it out.
    Than take a McDonalds drink straw and bend about 1/2 in from the bottom and tape it over, make 6 of them now have a 3lb.coffee can full of cold water. I use bees wax fines and a teaspoon of molly powder (can use what you want to for the carrier as long as it hardens) melt it on a hot plate and stir it and pour into the straws and put in the cold water immediately. Than I put them in the freezer for a while to harden. Trim the ends, split them on both sides with a razor blade and remove the straw ,cut into 3 pieces, let them warm up and roll the end to a pencil point with 2 fingers on a hard surface. After the mold is warmed up touch the lube pencil point to the point you want to lube just a touch. This has worked for me for a couple of years with a number of lubes.
    Be Carefull Dye

Boolit Grand Master

I usually just use old birthday candles.

Super Moderator

................Sounds handy, especially if you like graphite or moly in the lube.

.............Buckshot
    Father Grand Caster watches over you my brother. Go now and pour yourself a hot one. May the Sacred Silver Stream be with you always

Proud former Shooters.Com Cast Bullet alumnus and plank owner.

"The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

Shrink the State End the Fed Balance the budget Make a profit Leave an inheritance

Boolit Bub
    I melt lube in boiling water. When it's cool it forms a nice sheet on top of the water that is easy to remove intact. Slightly warmed you can roll it or fold it into the shape you want.