Load DataInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
Snyders JerkyLee PrecisionTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
Wideners
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Quick question

Boolit Master & Generous Contributor

My wife hates guns, casting, reloading and anything else that involves shooting. As much as I have tried to get her interested, she refuses. She does come out to the shop and visit form time to time when I'm reloading or casting.
    If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.
    Samuel Adams

Sam

Boolit Master

My wife is actively involved . . .
    She lives in the same house as I do, and that is as close as she gets to any of it.
    Oh wait, she does eat anything I should bag afield.

She will begrudgingly fire a couple of cylinders full into a target each year.
    Good enough for minute of burglar each time!

At least she does not hate or fear guns, shooting and such.
    Amendments
    The Second there to protect the First!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by #1wife View Post
    How many of your wifes are involved in the process. Like the smelting,making of the boolits,reloading and the shooting. Not trying to start a fight just wondering out of curiousity thanks alice
    Ok, now I'm wondering. Do you? If you do it looks like you might be about the only one!

Gear

Boolit Master

Quote from your wife:

"Howeeeeever, I would like to shoot more. -insert hint to her husband for her own handgun here"

GOOD LORD MAN get on it!!! LOL!

Art

Quote Originally Posted by geargnasher View Post
    My wife has been around shooting, reloading, and casting all her life but liked to "be around it" more than do it. I'm aiming to get her more involved, especially since she is one of the rare young women these days who has chosen homemaking as a career and IS our home security system most of the time.

She should be joining the forum tonight, I'll mention this thread to her and maybe she can give you her own words.

Gear
    ”Only accurate rifles are interesting”
    ——Townsend Whelen

In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act
    —- George Orwell

Boolit Master

Hey Alice,

I've talked to you a couple of times in chat and just wondered if you were involved with the casting and reloading aspect of this sport?

I posted that one problem for my wife with shooting clubs, gun clubs, etc (she IS a hunter/shooter too but we have a deal on casting/reloading) is every time I find a club to shoot at it seems the "good ole boys" want to immediately relegate the girls to doing what they deem "womanly" stuff -- ie cooking the meals, cleaning up, etc and she would really rather be included in the shooting more than what she did the most of while our kids were growing up. She usually has some choice words for those old boys and as a result we don't go back as she's my hunting partner.

Just wonder if you run into much of the same at gun clubs if you guys (you and hubby) have ever tried one out???

Art

Quote Originally Posted by #1wife View Post
    How many of your wifes are involved in the process. Like the smelting,making of the boolits,reloading and the shooting. Not trying to start a fight just wondering out of curiousity thanks alice
    ”Only accurate rifles are interesting”
    ——Townsend Whelen

In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act
    —- George Orwell

Boolit Master

I have been married to my wife 46 yrs. She never shot until she met me. Loves to hunt bucks and has killed as many as most men. She does not reload now, but did all the shot shell loading when we shot trap. Loading a case of 12 ga a week. We were match directors at the local range for IHMSA and put on several state championships. BTW, she was Oregon state Unlimited Champion in 1985. Beat out 7 men in the shoot off. She does NOT cast or shoot black powder. She will shoot with us once in a while and can show most male shooters a thing or two. Her favorite gun is my 1911.......dale

In Remembrance - Super Moderator & Official Cast Boolits Sketch Artist

Mine dont care anything about it as long as the bills get paid and I dont neleget my chores alot all is well in reloading shooting and hunting land. My boys are slowly starting to reload some because I wont do it for them anymore told them yea reload or buy but iam not supporting your habit anymore.
    Reloading to save money I am sure the saving is going to start soon

well to answer your questions guys yes i am involved in the whole thing including shooting. I love to do it all i dont reload unless lamar is home but yes i do help with it all. guess i am the only one thanks for answering my question i must be the only weird one on here. lol

The guys at the gun club here do not do that to me they include me in the shooting and then if there is a special event going on i do help cook but they always come over and get me when it is my turn to shoot i guess i am lucky in that aspect.

thanks for asking. And thanks for all of your imput

oh and a after thought i have shot on trap shooting teams with lamar and with myself only won once but that was good enough for me. i was proud that i could even hit the clay pigeon.

Boolit Grand Master

I tried to trick my wife into helping saying it was good exersize for the arms but she didn't by that. She used to go shooting with me occationally but I can't seem to get her to go any more even though she says she still wants too.
    Aim small, miss small!

Banned

well, i guess i don't get to answer.

Boolit Grand Master

LOML is as good if not a better shot than I am but sees it as a utilitarian thing, not a fun thing. She is amazingly tolerant of my loading and casting mess and the gun room.

I, too, am ADHD and, with glacoma, was unable to take stimulant medication for years. Just got on a new non-stimulant med so, next vacation I stay home, there will be some serious cleaning.

She is a Scot and has those values - thus she appreciates the cost savings of casting and loading.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Master
    This qualifies as a trick question cause the answer really depends on a technicality.

My wife is one of those crafting types that just loves making something from something else. So .... she will mold or load if you let it be on her schedule. Problem is that it isn't anything that you can rely on not to let you down. And it's another thing that you have to rely on communication from her which is like waiting for the second coming.

Everything is the same though that she does. Complain about being hungry and wanting lunch and I get hot dogs. Wait'll she gets hungry and get a nice meal.

When we hit our 20th wedding anniversary she asked me what I wanted. I told here I wanted to hear and feel the rumble of a Harley again. Did I get it? Yes. In a snow globe that when you shake it the head light comes on and it goes varoom, varoom.

Yesterday was our 25th and this was a big deal to her. She is in need of a new car and loves the new Camaro ever since she took the grand kids to see Transformers. She said to me in that non-communicative, female logic that she wanted something in white with lots of chrome and it had to go to 160 really fast. (She wanted the V8.) I used her logic and she got a bathroom scale. (fastest thing to 160 on this planet anyway.)

Gonna be hot dogs for quite some time I recon. So yea she will mold. Yea she will load her stuff .... sometimes. Just not reliable enough to answer yes for me.
    Last edited by Bass Ackward; 01-31-2010 at 01:46 PM.
    Reading can provide limited education because only shooting provides YOUR answers as you tie everything together for THAT gun. The better the gun, the less you have to know / do & the more flexibility you have to achieve success.

Boolit Master on Heavens Range
    John, I like it!!!! Same here about meals. I get left-overs or cereal when it's normal meal time for me. When she needs to eat, she fixes the fixings her diabetic way. I'm lucky to get a pie, for example. Thanksgiving and Christmas meals are 5-star grade, including made from scratch pies. She KNOWS how to make pies from total scratch, cook game, etc., having grown up with imported parents (Polish). ... felix
    felix

Boolit Bub
    While my wife supports my habits, the only part she participates in is the shooting. She says we don't do enough of that (and I agree)! She usually outshoots me since we figured out that she is left eye dominate (she is right handed). Nothing new about that, though. When we go fishing she out fishes me too. She is one of the few women I know that will not only catch fish, but will clean and cook them as well!

Boolit Master

Sweet Ol' Carole tolerates my shooting habits, and has actually participated in the Senior Olys, but isn't enthusiastic, and is out of shooting for good, I fear. I believe she is glad to get me out from underfoot when I go out into the reloading room, or go off shooting or whatever...
    Echo
    USAF Ret
    DPS, 2600
    NRA Benefactor
    O&U
    One of the most endearing sights in the world is the vision of a naked good-looking woman leaving the bedroom to make breakfast. Bolivar Shagnasty (I believe that Lazarus Long also said it, but I can't find any record of it.)

The wife doesn't complain about what I do, but she also does not watch, help or shoot.

My wife comes from a place with no guns. So she shys away from them. Because all my fiends have them, she isnt afraid of them any more.

Except for her once a year SKS outing, she stays in the house and far away from all this stuff.

But she understands the need to have this, and backs that 100%
    Last edited by Lead Fred; 02-01-2010 at 02:42 PM.
    I have sworn on the altar of GOD eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.
    Thomas Jefferson

" Any law that is NOT constitutional is not a law" James Madison

Boolit Master

Gonna be hot dogs for quite some time I recon. So yea she will mold. Yea she will load her stuff .... sometimes. Just not reliable enough to answer yes for me. __________________
    I new a women like that once---got her flash cards--taught her how to hold them up.
    You know
    ----YES----PERHAPS-----COULD BE------NO-----NOT NOW I AM BUSSY-----
    hey she cought on in about a week or two.
    Hate is like drinking poison and hoping the other man dies.

*Cohesiveness* *Leadership* *a common cause***

***In a gunfight your expected to be an active participant in your own rescue***

The effective range of an excuse is ZERO Meters

Banned

Yes indeed, Tazman, I'm on it. I got really lucky when she found me. She's a female for sure, but one of the very few I've ever met that came with instructions. In English. Right nice, no flash cards required, just a set of open ears on my part.

Sure wish somebody would come out with a true "small frame" 6-shot .32 Federal Magnum revolver with about a 4" barrel, I'd love to buy her one of those.

Gear

Quote Originally Posted by Recluse View Post
    Well here's a warm welcome to a fellow Texas shooter who is one half of a husband-wife shooting duo.
    Thanks.
    "The secrets of this earth are not for all men to see,but only for those who will seek them..."- Equality 7-2521 -Anthem by Ayn Rand

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." --Benjamin Franklin