WidenersReloading EverythingLoad DataLee Precision
Snyders JerkyRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingRepackbox
Inline Fabrication MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Quick question

Mine loves to shoot her S&W mod 60, has her CCW permit, but lets me do all the casting, and case stuffing. Bob

Boolit Master

My wife went shootng with me before we got married, not after. But for 47 years she has not objected to casting, reloading, shooting. Doesn't like the smell of "smelting" WW's tho....
    God Bless America
    US Army, NRA Patron, TSRA Life
    SASS, Ruger & Marlin accumulator

Boolit Master

Well now take my wife--no don't you dare.
    She Say's things like--Hun we don't have enough ammo. Loves to go to the gun store.
    Butchers the game after I clean and gut it. When she gets tired I take over.
    She found my H&G # 68 4 banger for 40 bucks after I walked by it. Got my Iron for the sizer hot plate for a dollar in a yard sale. Has her own mini 30, 40 Beretta 96, 32 ACP Tomcat,
    and her own 10/22 target rifle, Knows the difference between Stainless, blued and rust.
    Shoots as good as I do ( that' a fact ) and I ain't no duffer. Thinks cammo pants and a watch cap is go to church attire and don't own no shoe polish.
    Has her own version of a K-bar fighting knife. Loves to hunt and when we met she had more fishing gear than I had. Oh did I say she has her own very old Browning A-5 12 gage.
    Likes to do things and don't mind saying screw off I can do it myself.
    Loves the dog and the new one. Is a love mate and a help mate.
    Never Say's the words I want--I need--I wish I had or by me take me give me.
    No-- I do the reloading --she does the disturbing. Loves to watch me make bullet lube on the stove. I always clean up and respect her for sharing with me and me with her.
    Clean her guns ???---Um--I think she is holding off till they make a gun cleaner that Say's
    --------------------------------------FOR WOMEN ONLY-------------------------
    She helps me render Bear fat and Deer tallow, and goes to the Jon with the Midway catalog
    if she can't find the one from Dixie gun works.

And best of all she thinks I am cute and loves me and I her--did I say puts up with me.

AND NO YOU WONT FIND HER ON THE PAY IT FOWORD OR SWAPPIN AND SELLIN.

Thank's men I enjoyed braggin her up.
    Hate is like drinking poison and hoping the other man dies.

*Cohesiveness* *Leadership* *a common cause***

***In a gunfight your expected to be an active participant in your own rescue***

The effective range of an excuse is ZERO Meters

Boolit Master
    Mine shoots and hunts with me and keeps an eye out for any scrap that I might be able to melt down. She never was interested in the actual casting or reloading. She is a crackerjack seamstress though, keeps us in clothes and blankets.
    Where's the Kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth shattering Kaboom.

Marvin the Martian

Boolit Master

My wife doesn't hunt anymore but likes to shoot, she thinks my 40S&W is hers, It's bad enough she has taken over my 35 Remington 336. She doesn't reload but doesn't complain about me buying stuff for my hobby, thinks it's better than drinking.
    Ed Barrett
    AKA; elbStJoeMO
    If vegans love animal so much, why do they eat all their food?

Boolit Master

Shooting spouse

My wife would go shooting with me when we were younger but has not done so in many years. The tragidy is , she is one of those people who are natural born pistol shots while the rest of us have to learn. As for helping me with reloading, forget it. We were visiting family back in Southeast Mo. back in 1961 and I took her to shoot from a bridge over this small ditch. There was a small fish that would come to the surface , take a breath and submerge. You only had a split second to see one, aim and shoot. I stood on the bottom rail of the bridge locked my knees on the top rail and tried to shoot them as they came up. I didn't get many and the way you knew you scored is, they rolled over on thier back and sank. There as never been a shooting gallery or video game that could compare to it. I looked at my wife and said, isn't this fun and she said, how much longer are we going to be here? I said ,get in the car. That bridge, by the way was used to film the first scene of the movie,How The West Was Won. I described in another thread how I got Debbie Reynolds autograph on the same bridge. I have a picture of my better half taken that day if I can just get on this thread. Be right back.
    Last edited by GOPHER SLAYER; 04-10-2010 at 08:54 PM.
    A GUN THAT'S COCKED AND UNLOADED AIN'T GOOD FOR NUTHIN'........... ROOSTER COGBURN

Boolit Master
    My wife doesn't care much about rifles, but she's up for a couple hundred rounds of .45acp most any time. She's the dark haired sweet heart in the background between me and Fred. She'd never walk past a piece of brass on the ground without checking it out. She's helped me set up more than one reloading room, but doesn't care about the process much. Doesn't hunt, but I wouldn't advise coming around at all if she's mad at you. Mostly she thinks I'm a little too carried away with the whole casting/reloading/shooting thing. She sewed me up a brass catcher for the .450B this week.

I eat better than anyone I've ever met, including millionaires, and that's no lie. I've had unforgettable meals even when all I brought home was a rabbit.

The big thing is that I love her, she loves me most of the time, and she's put up with me for 25 years through thick and thin, ( some was mighty thin and at times I've been pretty darn thick). That's really all that matters.

BD
    Last edited by BD; 01-29-2010 at 08:32 PM.

Boolit Master

Wife of 29 years goes hunting and shooting with me whenever I go, is a pretty good shot with revolver and semi. She will shoot the bigger stuff but doesn't like it much. With her S&W .38 revolver if you're an intruder and you're running you'll just die tired.

As far as actually casting and reloading she will come down and sit with me when I'm casting and loading, is familiar with all the tools, keeps an eye out for deals for me when we are at gunshows, etc, but as far as casting bullets and reloading goes she doesn't do much with it. She is familiar with procedures and could get by if I died just like I could with some of the stuff she does.

Only thing she won't do is to join a "Sportsmens" Club with me and go to shoots. Seems the "good ole boys" always relegate the girls to cookin or some other "womanly" endeavor and that just ticks her off to no end. She's the only girl in a family of six, has five brothers and would rather do "guy" stuff although she does like girl stuff too, but she will not be "un-included" or given "female" tasks because she's female. She don't take no cr*p from no men either.

She outshoots most of my male friends with her rifle but she cheats because I load her ammo...................

Carp. OK she's shot more, bigger deer than I have too..............and can gut a deer a lot faster than I can too after she smiles when cutting off his, ah, you know..............................rymes with "walls"
    ”Only accurate rifles are interesting”
    ——Townsend Whelen

In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act
    —- George Orwell

Beekeeper
    #1 Wife,
    My Bride of 52 years is A japaneese lady who grew up in war time Japan.
    Since coming to the US 50 yaers ago she has tolerated my addictions to Camping, Fishing, Hunting, and Guns.
    I have a home defence gun by every door and one on the night stand.
    She will clean around them and tell me they need to be cleaned but will not handle them.
    It stems from when she was a young girl and had to train for the war. She lost friends and watched the "A" bomb over Nagasaki.

She understands the need and I think if the moment required it would use one but normally refuses.

That said she has never said no when I wanted to buy a new one and on a couple of ocasions has even told me to stop at the store or go back and get the gun I wanted.

Jim

Boolit Master

When we first got together my wife loved to shoot my 1911. Then my dipstick brother handed her a 44 mag with full house loads. One shot and she was done with guns for about 8-9 years. I traded into a 22 revolver and she wanted to try it. After the first two cylinder, I knew my 22 ammo stash was gonna need replenishing in short order. Now its "her" gun. She has bought shooting items I needed and does not complain .

SS
    NRA Life Member Since 1981

"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good"-- George Washington

II Corinthians 4:8-9. We are hard-pressed on every side, yet not crushed; we are perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted but not forsaken, struck down, but not destroyed."

Psalms 25:2 O my God, I trust in thee: let me not be ashamed, let not mine enemies triumph over me.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Boolit Buddy
    When I met my now wife 17 yrs ago, she did not shoot or hunt. Now she cant get enough. Still learning the shotgun but if you are a deer or pig and she can see you either a 50gr 223 or a 120gr 6.5x55 bullet is in your head. And look out when she's got her 686. She worked in a gun shop so she knows deals when she see's them. She doesn't do the reloading or casting but that's OK, we have a lot of fun emptying cases.

Banned

My wife has been around shooting, reloading, and casting all her life but liked to "be around it" more than do it. I'm aiming to get her more involved, especially since she is one of the rare young women these days who has chosen homemaking as a career and IS our home security system most of the time.

She should be joining the forum tonight, I'll mention this thread to her and maybe she can give you her own words.

Gear

Quote Originally Posted by geargnasher View Post
    My wife has been around shooting, reloading, and casting all her life but liked to "be around it" more than do it. I'm aiming to get her more involved, especially since she is one of the rare young women these days who has chosen homemaking as a career and IS our home security system most of the time.

She should be joining the forum tonight, I'll mention this thread to her and maybe she can give you her own words.

Gear
    Yeah, I grew up around guns and the whole reloading process, both shotgun and bullets. However most of that experience was playing with the contents of the brass tumblers that my dad had in the gun room/shop. I do have an interest in it but to be honest I'd rather leave the reloading up to my husband. I admit that I am very A.D.D so it's probably best to leave that kind of stuff up to him since there is a lot of shiny things involved....

Howeeeeever, I would like to shoot more. -insert hint to her husband for her own handgun here-
    "The secrets of this earth are not for all men to see,but only for those who will seek them..."- Equality 7-2521 -Anthem by Ayn Rand

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." --Benjamin Franklin

In Remembrance
    Well here's a warm welcome to a fellow Texas shooter who is one half of a husband-wife shooting duo.

I reckon your husband will now get the hint about you having your own handgun. If not, he's remiss in his duties as a certified, bonafide redneck Texas husband.

Hell, I gave my wife a gun and a German Shepherd in lieu of an engagement ring when I proposed to her--and we've been happily married for many years since.

Boolit Buddy

I married my wife 19 years ago in Germany, she had no exposure to guns let alone reloading and casting. She has really taken a liking to shooting, she likes to sit down on the bench at the local range and shoot smiley faces with her 7mm mag. She has become a very good shot. She hasn't showed any interest in the loading though, I just started casting and she does show a little interest in that but probably just because she knows how much bullets cost. Not to bad going from German city girl to a shooting, hunting, fishing, gun toting redneck woman that loves camo.
    A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America " for an amount of "up to and including my life."

In Remebrance

My wife enjoys shooting a little, but that's about it. She goes in spurts, right now it's dog training, for a while it was herbs, then spinning, then painting, then....whatever makes her happy. At the moment I'm just happy she's watching dog shows instead of those freakin' home decorating shows!

Boolit Master

Mine helps as far as letting me spend money,likes guns,does't shoot.She see's it as cheaper than motorcycle parts,and as an investment--she can sell them should the need arise.I got lucky,she likes fishing and the outdoors,guns,motorcycles,beer and John Wayne.
    Pro Patria-Ne Desit Virtus

Boolit Buddy
    My wife has enjoyed shooting when I can bribe her to go with me to the range. After she's there, she has alot of fun. She sweet talks others out of their used brass. She a good sport and puts up with our sons and myself and our shooting addiction. She has wanted to get her CCW but cancer has put a big damper on the things she likes to do.

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master

Deteriorating vision has pretty-much ended my Karen's shooting, BUT....

She didn't shoot at the time we met, but became an extremely good shot by the time we married (she was 19). She later became the Canadian Ladies' Pistol Champion and shot on the National Shooting Team for some years. If the team had had more funding, she would have gone to the Seoul Olympics, but hard choices had to be made and the ladies were left at home.

She never does anything related to handloading, but has bought me more seriously-superb goodies than I can remember. Also hunted with me a great deal....I've seen her literally up to her knees in blood (BIG bison) and she never turned a hair. Same thing for some desperately-dangerous episodes during our times; she simply did what needed doing.
    Regards from BruceB in Nevada

"The .30'06 is never a mistake." - Colonel Townsend Whelen

Boolit Master
    Supportive of my addiction, God bless her, my wife enjoys shooting although she is just beginning out. She likes the revolvers, lever action, and pump shotguns and is a natural with a shotgun. She likes the idea of a semi auto pistol, but due to the weight of the large frame revolver she can shoot the target loads much easier than the 45 auto; a bit too snappy of recoil with the lighter framed 45 ACP.

Reloading, smelting, casting etc. is something that I do and she doesn't have much interest right now as it is something yet to add to her already full plate. She did mention that she would like to have more time to learn about it all, but for now she is perfectly happy going out and shooting things up at the range. I just like the fact that she's happy shooting, can find a release in it and is actually a pretty good shot to boot.