RepackboxReloading EverythingRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyInline Fabrication
Lee Precision Load Data
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chronograph problem

In Remebrance

Hey guys, being you're from the Finnish (?) area I have two questions.

Do you guys really use the Pukka knives by Mora that are advetised as the national knife of Finland or Sweden? Look like good designs to me.

And #2- How do you grow such freakin' beautiful women?

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Tpr. Bret
    Hey guys, being you're from the Finnish (?) area I have two questions.

Do you guys really use the Pukka knives by Mora that are advetised as the national knife of Finland or Sweden? Look like good designs to me.

And #2- How do you grow such freakin' beautiful women?
    I just have one thing to say on both accounts;

I have a fine Puuka or Pukka or whatever the correct name is, that made it's way here from an undisclosed source and it is a fine tool.

Secondly, I told Reijo I wanted one of those beautiful Finn women but I am still waiting, reckon I'll have to get acquainted with a Swede!!!!!!!!

Boolit Buddy
    Tpr. Bret,

I'm Urban from Sweden. We use Mora knives. They are simple working tools $5-7 or so. Used by "everyone" from boyscout to hunter (green handle, of course, and a little bit pricier). Every handyman (is that correct?) uses one, I have several.

Don't know so much about Pukka's. Maybe Finn45 can enlighten us. I might have one after my father, the name Pukka rings a faint bell. A long slender blade with a birch handle... Will have to check.

As for #2, - you'll just have to come over and find out for yourself!

utk

Wink

Oh yes, we call our basic knife "puukko". Old style Swedish Mora is pretty good example of puukko. Darn Swedes used to make very fine blade steel so it's no wonder that Moras and such are popular here. Puukko in it's purest form is just a tool without any decoration or wimpy safety features like finger guards and such. If You ask for finger guarded puukko from a traditional puukko maker he will offer You a piece with finger guard and dulled blade tip and he asks you if your kids are above six years he will suggest buying a real thing. Puukko should be sharp and always ready. Keep it sharp and you can even shave with good puukko and you don' t need water or foam when doing so; water will run from your eyes and foam dribbles out of your mouth. Talking'bout economically orientated life style. One basic feature in puukko is straight sharpening, no hollow grinds of any kind which are only spoiling wood carving qualities.

Utk, I didn't understand that " Om du förstår Svenska"-part, but my WFFelixL is fine and yes I don't feel bad having a Swede in my very narrow address list.

Mark, need for Mosin stripper clips? No, not the nude or blonde thing, the real thing. HAR!

Boolit Buddy

Talking

Mark, need for Mosin stripper clips? No, not the nude or blonde thing, the real thing. HAR![/QUOTE]

Reijo,

Mosin stripper clips.....not really, unless the Bear invades then I might wish I had some! Mosin strippers are fairly plentiful here.

HOWEVER, I am very interested in blonde Finn, Swede or Norwegian, well endowed, beautiful smile, proper attitude, about 24 years old.....although 40 will do and of course, willing to get nude!

Maybe i could get a good deal in Estonia?

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Jumptrap
    Mark, need for Mosin stripper clips? No, not the nude or blonde thing, the real thing. HAR!
    Reijo,

Mosin stripper clips.....not really, unless the Bear invades then I might wish I had some! Mosin strippers are fairly plentiful here.

HOWEVER, I am very interested in blonde Finn, Swede or Norwegian, well endowed, beautiful smile, proper attitude, about 24 years old.....although 40 will do and of course, willing to get nude!

Maybe i could get a good deal in Estonia?[/QUOTE]
    Do you have a source for these, in other than Tapco? I can't seem to find any but the Tapco, which do NOT work for me. Gun show yesterday yeilded up plenty of strippers, but no real Mosin's.
    Regards,

WE

Banned
    Actaully the only place I see plentiful Mosin clips are on ebay and the price is outrageous. The original clips are quite hard to find and folks are finding that the new aftermarket ones are junk. Tennessee Gun Parts said they would be happy to find a supplier of either originals or decent new ones. That company deals in this kind of stuff and the owner told me by phone that the clips are hard to find. I haven't had any luck here in TN.

Joe

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by utk
    Tpr. Bret,

I'm Urban from Sweden. We use Mora knives. They are simple working tools $5-7 or so. Used by "everyone" from boyscout to hunter (green handle, of course, and a little bit pricier). Every handyman (is that correct?) uses one, I have several.

utk
    I bought a Mora knife about 40 years ago at a little country store near home. One of the best! Several years ago, I replaced the handle with a piece of deer antler and I still use it in my shooting pouch for cutting patches for my muzzleloader. -JDL

Boolit Bub

Shooting Chrony

I use a 6-cell AA battery box for 9 Volts rather than the single 9 Volt battery. This lasts much longer and doesn't cost much more. I use a piece of bond paper taped to my sky screens to block sunlight from overhead or side. A piece of lexan attached to the readout with "tacky" will protect the screen from gaschecks and powder grains. I had also used an "L" shaped piece of lexan to attach to the front with a bolt in the Chrony frame; it worked better to keep powder and filler(COW would sandblast the paint)from damaging the unit. I did manage to shoot it, but there was no damage, until next time, of course.