WidenersTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2Lee Precision
RepackboxLoad DataInline FabricationSnyders Jerky
Reloading Everything MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Wolf Primers

Boolit Mold

Wolf Primers

I would like to hear from reloaders who have used Wolf Primers, and what your opinions are concerning them.
    Thanks, rbrock8@socal.rr.com.

Boolit Master
    I've tried both Large and Small Pistol and they work as well as any other. I've used them pretty exclusively in Single Action Army clones so far.

Boolit Buddy

I've shot about 1,200 rounds of 357, 38, and 9mm with Wolf small pistol primers. They work flawlessly. I had one misfire b/c I didn't seat the primer firmly enough. Next pull of the trigger, though, and it fired.

On the other hand, I've had a couple of misfires with Winchester spp.

Last year I bought 10,000 lg pistol and sm pistol wolf primers and have not had a single problem in probably 7,000-8,000 rounds. I have not tried there rifle yet but based on my experience I would not hesitate.

Moderator Emeritus

I'm using Wold Large magnum pistol primers for 44 mag and heavy 45 colt loads with great success. I'd recommend them highly to anyone.
    Give us this day our daily lead.

Sic Semper Tyrannis.

If you don't want 1984 you're going to need some 1776.
    WWGWD

Boolit Mold
    I have used a few thousand of them. They are as good or better than any other that I have tried IMO.

Boolit Mold
    I have used them and they work as good as any IMO. The only thing I've noticed is that they must be a little thicker. They were harder to seat for me. It was no big deal, it just took a little more effort to seat with my Lee primer tool. I thought some thing was wrong with my Lee and took awhile to figure out what was up. They must be heavy-duty.

Boolit Mold

Thumbs up They're Fine

Let's see.... I've loaded and shot maybe 15,000 of them (small pistol and large pistol) in the last 3 years and I have absolutely no problems with 'em. Say what you want about the Russians, their primers DO go "bang" when required.

Boolit Buddy
    I've been having a lot of no-fires with both the new nickel colored small pistol primers and the bronze colored small rifle primers in my Glock .40. I've never had problems with any other primers for over 48k rounds through this gun. Replaced springs and other parts thinking it was the gun but no change. Some of the wolf are hit hard multiple times with no bang. All are seated fully beforehand and chamber checked. Never had trouble with the older wolf gold colored pistol primers before they changed to nickel.
    "Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive".

The last batch I got were Wolf small pistol and they are a mix of gold and nickel. Have yet to fire any loads with these or my golden Wolf large pistol I purchased back in Feb.. This Sun. I will though, and report back.

Moderator Emeritus

On your 40, check to see if they are truly fully seated. I found that on the SP primers level with the case is actually still several thousandths above bottom.

I bought 5000 of each LR,LP,SR,SP before the crunch and was working my way through em - not a problem yet although they do seem a tad shorter than Winchester and it takes a bit more effort to fully seat them.
    Reloading Data Project - (in retirement)
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/reloadersrfrnce/

Boolit Master
    I've used just over 20k now and rate these about the same as CCI in all sizes. They are about equivalent to CCI in hardness of the cup and force / heat of the detonation in all catagories.

But they are slightly smaller and easier to seat than a CCI.
    Reading can provide limited education because only shooting provides YOUR answers as you tie everything together for THAT gun. The better the gun, the less you have to know / do & the more flexibility you have to achieve success.

Boolit Bub

Wolf rebuild primer kit

I shoot Wolf primer works great now I was at the rang to day and I was told Wolf has a primer rebuild kit new anvils and charge you use old cups I think Wolf is doing what needs to be done, I have told people here how to rebuild primer with toy cap gun caps at Walmart no problem We still have problems with primers here in Kalifornia cant buy 1000 at a time PS DO WHERE GLASSES WHEN REBUILDING PRIMERS

Boolit Buddy
    Tried seating the wolf on an all-american turret with very positive primer seating, and installed an extra power striker spring. Still multiple failures to ignite in the glock .40.
    "Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive".