WidenersRepackboxLee PrecisionSnyders Jerky
Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load Data RotoMetals2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lock & load....

Boolit Grand Master

Yup, 9pm on Friday, History Channel here.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Master
    Saw the episode where he shoots the S&W 500...shook him up a bit! Theres another show I think it was on NATGEO, they toured the Smith & Wesson factory, interesting.
    Dutch

"The future ain't what it used to be".
    -Yogi Berra.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Echo View Post
    Lee Ermy acted in a few movies, especially 'Full Metal Jacket'. along with Vince D'Onofrio, who shot him in the film, and who went on to be the 'Bug' in 'Men In Black', and Det Robert Goren in L&A, Criminal Intent).
    Pretty sure he had a part as a detective in a short lived cop drama on tv too. Qick bio. http://www.rleeermey.com/about.php
    Dutch

"The future ain't what it used to be".
    -Yogi Berra.

The latest episode, all about ammo, had a short bit about casting lead bullets the first few minutes of the show. Not a tutorial, just a few scenes to show how lead round balls can be cast.

I really like the show. It is fun, interesting, and usually pretty accurate.

One episonde they were in the Hornaday lab and teh ballastician was explaining how lead bullets couldn't be shot at over 1000 fps or you got bore leading. I have caught a few mistakes but on the whole Gunny is a hoot and it does show shooting in a positive light.
    Paper targets aren't your friends. They won't lie for you and they don't care if your feelings get hurt.

In Remembrance

Did you catch it last Fri. when showing the rapid reloading of a civil war rifle how the powder after being dumped down the barrel ignited and flamed out before the ball was seated and just about 18" from the re-enactors face!Robert

Good thing that re-enactor knew NOT to point the muzzle hear his face when dumping powder into a freshly fired barrel !! One little hot ember left over and WHOOOOOOOSH !!!!! fire in the face !!

His show makes me want to go out and shoot up watermelions...until I price the durned things.
    FIVE BUCKS APIECE

Great show !

Boolit Master

The Gunny is a class act all the way ! What I like is he's not just there for a pay check he loves shooting like the rest of us. I saw him on TV shooting service rifle at Camp Perry.
    FB

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by mtnman31 View Post
    The latest episode, all about ammo, had a short bit about casting lead bullets the first few minutes of the show. Not a tutorial, just a few scenes to show how lead round balls can be cast.

I really like the show. It is fun, interesting, and usually pretty accurate.
    I saw that too and was quite impressed/happy. Maybe Gunny is a member of the silver stream and casts his own boolits???

As far as the Hornady Lab ballistician, I know what you mean, but consider he was probably trying to keep things simplistic (the show only lasts an hour...), and he was probably talking about the pure lead swaged boolits that Hornady sells, in which case, he was right... Gunny mentioned that if you get too fast a velocity, the lead "smears" into the barrel and gums up the works, and that would be true of the pure lead swaged boolits that Hornady sells. They used the point to illustrate a difference between cast and jacketed, which, in it's simplisitc way was accurate.

Now, what if the Outdoor Channel would put on a half-hour or hour show about casting, that could cover the details and nuances of this stuff? THAT would be interesting!! But, heck, at this point, a SEGMENT of a few minutes about reloading on ShootingUSA is about as in-depth as it gets. It's good, but still falls short. (I think Alan Jernigan [I probably murdered the spelling] of RCBS guests on those spots.)
    Group Buy Honcho for: 9x135 Slippery, 45x200 Target (H&G68), 45x230 Gov't Profile, 44x265 Keith

E-mail or PM me if you have one of the following commemorative Glocks you'd like to sell: FBI 100yr, Bell Helo, FOP Lodge1, Kiowa Warrior, SCI, and any new/unknown-to-me commemoratives.

You guys forgot his best, or atleast my personal favorite, The Siege of Firebase Gloria! Kinda one of those hard to find and even harder to stop watching. Dont think the man has been in a movie I didn't like.

"There is no doubt in my millitary mind that we are in a deep s__t situation people"
    Lee Ermy in The Siege of Firebase Gloria

...and if you're willing to pay for "Lock 'N' Load" you can download the episodes on iTunes... but only if you have a US store account...

I can't get 'em in the U.K. ( at least not 'til I get a USD itunes gift card next time I'm in Fla. )

Boolit Buddy

Love his shows also. He has the voice that any DI would kill for.

He shot at Camp Perry a couple years ago, I was on commercial row there in one of the venders buildings and he walked in by himself as I was leaving. I told him "great show", he said "thank you sir", and I exited.

I didn't see him there this year.

GRid.1569,
    Try bittorrents, I use mininova.com. They are free and I have gotten all the Lock n Load episodes from there. I don't have cable and am lucky if my TV gets turned on once a month. Mininova is a search engine that searches for torrents. Use bittorrent (free program) to download the torrents. There are other sites and downloaders but this is the only one I have personally used. I have not had any problems with viruses or bogus files on mininova like I have had using other file-sharing sites.

If you go to hulu.com you can watch quite a variety of TV shows for free via streaming media. Hulu is completely legitimate.