Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataSnyders Jerky
RepackboxRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionWideners
Titan Reloading

Thread: Strange things at a gun show.

Boolit Master

Strange things at a gun show.

We had a show here in the town I live in this weekend so I felt I should go & help the economy. Saw a couple of m91/30s that looked good & picked up one yesterday. 120.00 for it with a bayonet & a box of soft point rounds. Tule arsenal dated 1943, same year my wife was born. We had a good laugh about that.
    Went back this afternoon, after eating with my mom, & found a 03a3 made in 1943, so it followed me to the house also.
    By the dates on both there is a good chance both saw combat. I often wonder where this old battle rifles have been, what they have seen, & how many hands have carried them in harms way. I wonder too what the odds are of these being at the same show, in a little north west fl town, having been made about 1/2 a world apart.
    Both have pretty good bbls from what I've seen so far, so I'll clean them up & give them a new home, hopefully in a more peacefull enviorment.
    BTW paid alot more for the 03.
    Gun control 1ST ROUND ON TARGET.

Boolit Master
    6.5 mike,

Yep, if only they could talk.

My accumulation contains a 1943 Springfield Garand, a 1942 Remington '03-A3 (unfortunately sporterized, but still...), a 1943 Mosin-Nagant M38, 1944 Savage Enfield No. 4 Mk1*, and a Yugo-scrubbed Kar98k of late '30s vintage. I like to think that they all saw their share of action.

Also, there is a 1949 Fazakerly Enfield. Too old for the Big One, but the Brits had their share of small wars, afterwards, as their empire dwindled.

In addition, there are a pair of Schmidt-Rubin K-31s, 1943 and 1951. No action for them, though. But, boy, are they accurate. With bullets and boolits, too.

Enjoy yours.

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance Four Fingers of Death's Avatar
    Yep, if only they could talk. They say a picture says a thousand words, that'd be a good start.
    Mick, aka Four Fingers.
    "I'll help you down the trail and proud to!" Rooster Cogburn.

"Slap some bacon on a biscuit and let's go! We're burnin' daylight! " - Will Anderson (John Wayne) "The Cowboys."

SASS Life Member No 82047

http://s89.photobucket.com/albums/k228/4fingermick/

Psycholigist to Sniper; 'What did you feel when you shot the felon Sargeant?'
    Sniper to Psycholigist; 'Recoil Ma'am.'

From my Irish Ancestors: "You've got to do your own growing, no matter how tall your grandfather was."

Boolit Mold
    Some do talk!

Boolit Mold

Boolit Grand Master

Wow! That is seriously cool. I have often wished that I had some way to know where some
    of my milsurps had been, done and "Seen". Amazing to see the history actually documented
    on a former military rifle.

Bill
    If it was easy, anybody could do it.

Boolit Master

I've seen engraved guns with the "to & from" on them, but that rifle tops them all. Having the history of it's journey across france is amazing, plus being converted by one of the premier gunsmiths of that time is truely amazing. You are right, some old guns can tell some of their story. You have what amounts to a national treasure, imho.
    Gun control 1ST ROUND ON TARGET.

Boolit Master at Heaven's Range 2010

is it a low no? by this time it is safe to shoot as only a few were bad and they are all removed.
    WILDCATT