Titan ReloadingLoad DataWidenersReloading Everything
Snyders JerkyLee PrecisionRotoMetals2Repackbox
MidSouth Shooters Supply Inline Fabrication
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: BruceB acknowledged in Handloader

Boolit Master
    Would it be wrong for someone to write a polite letter to Handloader? It won't surprise me if we see a response in the next issue. BruceB should get first crack.
    Warning: I know Judo. If you force me to prove it I'll shoot you.

Fishhawk & Pat seem to have forgotten about klw, who used to get the occasional article published. Even if he did catch substantial flak for stating that he preferred to buy alloy of known composition rather than relying on the vagaries of the common wheelweight. A statement that some other members have agreed with since, for varying reasons.
    Rick

anachronism
    The fact of the matter is that you can get a lot more here, without charge than you could ever get from a magazine. The internet is cutting into a lot of profits for the printed media. I too let my Wolfe subscriptions lapse some time ago. I cut them off after Ross Seyfried got booted. Wolfe cut John Barsness last year, and HE had a large following too. The real Wolfe bashing is at 24hourcampfire.com. Wolfe can't sneeze without someone there calling them on it.

"Journalist"? How gracious!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Recluse View Post
    Problem is, the readership who does not visit here (or any other casting/reloading forum) will take his word as gospel, and that's how such silly myths get perpetuated into false truths.
    Ya but if they read the instructions- like all us men are supposed to do, they will find LEE has been telling folks to dip their AL molds in hot lead now for what... 50 years?

And if any mold out there would be prone to warp it would be a light LEE mold I would imagine ...

Banned
    I continue to buy most issues of handloader mag because I can't take my computer to the crapper.

May sound crude, but that's the only place I read gun rags anymore.

SSB

Quote Originally Posted by singleshotbuff View Post
    I continue to buy most issues of handloader mag because I can't take my computer to the crapper.

May sound crude, but that's the only place I read gun rags anymore.

SSB
    I had to post this. I can and do take mine there.
    Jay

Last edited by mroliver77; 05-31-2009 at 10:45 PM. Reason: speeling
    "The .30-06 is never a mistake." Townsend Whelen

"THESE are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands by it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph."
    Thomas Paine

In Remebrance

I can cut Haviland some slack. At least he tries odd and unusual stuff unlike most of the writers out there who are just salesmen for the advertisers. And when you come down to it do you think Scoville would let an article get by the editing process that recommended dipping a mould in the melt? No way. Some clown would try it and somehow lose an eye or become sterile and sue the magazine.