Snyders JerkyReloading EverythingLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxWidenersTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2 Load Data
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bought My First Primers In Five Years

Boolit Master

I was at a LGS the other day looking at primers. SRP, LRP. SPP and LPP were all marked between $130 and $149/1000. Shotgun primers were between $70 and $90/1000 depending on brand. That is one of the few shops that even have them for sale around here. I'm glad that I have an ample supply of all of the above; enough to last me for years. I've got an ample supply of powder as well. Since I cast my own bullets and drip my own shot, the only thing that I buy these days is wads, and they are still reasonable. And I have plenty of lead, tin, COWWs and lino, so I'm good there too. When I die, my friends will have fun sharing the remains! (of the reloading supplies, of course!)

Boolit Master

My wife and I drove to Meridian Idaho this week to visit the grandkids and great grandkids. While there, we went to Scheels department store. They had thousands of CCI #34 large rifle primers. I live in the Willamette Valley in Oregon, where large rifle primers are non-existent. I bought 3k @ 90.00 per. Although the price is high, I believe now days, we are looking at the new norm. One of the sales person told me they do get the other named brands in from time to time, but they don't stay on the shelf but a few days. People seem to shy away from the CCI 34's.
    If a 41 won't stop it, I wouldn't bet my life on a 44.

Yeah, it is all pretty sad imo. Corp america has taken over production, buying up the small makers of much of our economy and they only care about stockholders now. My decision to stop reloading much of anything is based on price of things and not throwing away more of my retirement income and into these corp thiefs pockets. We are being gouged now on everthing, not just reloading so choices have to be made. Have thought to sell everthing and just stop shooting accept one or two 22 guns on occasion. Maybe a Trump election would change it some but still prices will be to high imo.

Boolit Master

I'll probably never stop. Just shoot less. I don't compete, and never have. Well, only against myself. I move purty slow, and I enjoy that. I punched a time clock for 40 years. I don't even wear a watch. At 6 months from being three quarters of a century, I am in no hurry to get anywhere. Sorry to hear you've decided to stop. It's just to relaxing to play at the reloading table.
    If a 41 won't stop it, I wouldn't bet my life on a 44.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by gc45 View Post
    Yeah, it is all pretty sad imo. Corp america has taken over production, buying up the small makers of much of our economy and they only care about stockholders now. My decision to stop reloading much of anything is based on price of things and not throwing away more of my retirement income and into these corp thiefs pockets. We are being gouged now on everthing, not just reloading so choices have to be made. Have thought to sell everthing and just stop shooting accept one or two 22 guns on occasion. Maybe a Trump election would change it some but still prices will be to high imo.
    The thing that would stop corporate greed inflation would be competition. The big companies (Vista for example) need to be broken up; they should have never been allowed to buy up all the smaller companies. Sometimes we need to Federal government to protect us from big powerful companies.
    Words are weapons sharper than knives - INXS

The pen is mightier than the sword - Edward Bulwer-Lytton

The tongue is mightier than the blade - Euripides

Boolit Bub
    I just found an old box of 100 in my stash with a $1.39 price tag! Now those were the days!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dtknowles View Post
    The thing that would stop corporate greed inflation would be competition. The big companies (Vista for example) need to be broken up; they should have never been allowed to buy up all the smaller companies. Sometimes we need to Federal government to protect us from big powerful companies.
    Blount...and the Beloved RCBS come to Mind instantly!!!

Boolit Master
    Middle Tennessee for now. Want to buy land out west, somewhere cool and dry!
    I just scored large rifle MAGNUM primers today from MidwayUSA!

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry54 View Post
    I just scored large rifle MAGNUM primers today from MidwayUSA!
    What is the going rate on them in today's market if I may ask. Last ones I saw here at a PA. gun show was $85.00 per 1000

Boolit Master
    Middle Tennessee for now. Want to buy land out west, somewhere cool and dry!
    $119.99 plus hazmat. I got some powder too and qualified for free shipping

Boolit Master

Local shop just had Remington 5 1/2s for 39.99.
    Closest I’ve seen to normal since the pandemic. I grabbed a few to hold me over.