RotoMetals2RepackboxSnyders JerkyReloading Everything
WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingLee Precision
Load Data Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Prayers and advice

Boolit Master
    Middle Tennessee for now. Want to buy land out west, somewhere cool and dry!
    Would it be possible to rent out their current house and have enough with her current income to rent a smaller (less expensive) place for themselves?

Boolit Buddy
    Prayers to all. Especially the boy…

As to her vocation, nurses and teachers are always in high demand. The pay isn’t as great as some other things, the the job stability is. No one lays off nurses or teachers.

I don’t know about in your area but around here the Career Technology Centers (used to be VoTechs) offer adult classes. Most of these are able to work around adult schedules. Classes for LPN Nurses, truck drivers, welders and all sorts of other fields.
    “You’ve got to slow down to be fast” - Dad

I’m not one to give sound advice but what I’ve learned through the years is not to offer anything you want back.
    I loaned a friend money once. After 5 years I wrote it off as a bad investment. After 10: years he was able to pay me back with interest and a tear jerking story of how it helped. I’m glad I helped him and that I didn’t press the issue of repayment. We are really good friends again and I believe I came out ahead because I was able to smile saying I helped a friend in need then I got back more than I gave.
    The sooner I fall behind...the more time I have to catch up with

A million different senerios, some good some very bad. My daughter has a friend for a roommate, a similar situation, but no kids. So far so good. We've had 2 we've tried to help, my wife's niece and a couple's daughter who we've been friends with since HS. Both of these didn't turn out well at all.
    I'd make her sign a rental agreement. Your $50 a month is fair. And puts some skin in the game for her. Write up no overnight guests, no one but he and son can stay there. And 30 day notice for eviction (unless your state wants more) protect yourself and it shows you are being responsible...
    I do like votech or similar for a trade such as nursing. There are several options here at practically zero cost. Help her improve herself. Be a figure to the boy. But take your wife along if the lady is coming along.... always.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

Don, take a look at Ephesians 2:10 and Galatians 6:2 for confirmation. Plus, you’ll need help with the firewood this summer!
    "My main ambition in life is to be on the devil's most wanted list."
    Leonard Ravenhill

Boolit Grand Master
    Again, I want to thank you guys for your advice, and prayers.

I want to share part of a PM reply I made to a member who contacted me:

"Thanks for the message. It sounds hokey to say, "the Spirit is talking to me", but that is what I feel.

My fiancé was shocked that I suggested taking her daughter and grandson in. It is not like me. I do not like kids or having house guests for more than 5 days. Plus, I like my privacy and is one reason I decided to get a place in the middle of nowhere.

I have often wondered why I came to accept Jesus so late in life and what His plan was for me. Maybe this is part of it. Time will tell."

As to moving forward:

In a cursory review of Michigan law, a guest becomes a tenant when they have stayed for more than 28 consecutive days or more than 80 days intermittently within a 12-month period. There are other "triggers" like receiving mail, having a key to the house, etc. Once a person becomes a "tenant" making them leave can get complicated plus they have "rights" I am not prepared to give (boyfriends/parties/etc).

If Amanda and her son decide to come live with us for a while, I will have a contract drawn up by an attorney. I would not be doing this if it was not for the boy. His father spent most his time "gaming" and it shows.
    Don Verna

Boolit Master

Your a good man Don, you know what to do and when to do it. Prayers sent that this will work out well for both parties. ATB . Frank McClelland / Lowell Mi.

Boolit Master

at least your eyes are wide open, that will make the thing work, and best of luck
    if you are ever being chased by a taxidermist, don't play dead