Lee PrecisionLoad DataInline FabricationRepackbox
WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyRotoMetals2
Reloading Everything Titan Reloading

Thread: Finally some Starline 38/40 brass at my local gun dealer!

Finally some Starline 38/40 brass at my local gun dealer!

In these days of shortage of powder, brass, primers, my dealer got a large back-order yesterday which included some Starline 38/40 new brass. Bought 100 for $AU100 but it will make a difference from using Magtec reformed 44/40 and CBC 38WCF berdan primed cases.

38/40 with a 170gn Lyman cast boolit is one of my favourite rifles for plinking tin cans.

Hold Still Varmint; while I plugs Yer!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Ass Wallace View Post
    In these days of shortage of powder, brass, primers, my dealer got a large back-order yesterday which included some Starline 38/40 new brass. Bought 100 for $AU100 but it will make a difference from using Magtec reformed 44/40 and CBC 38WCF berdan primed cases.

38/40 with a 170gn Lyman cast boolit is one of my favourite rifles for plinking tin cans.

hmmmm inflation has hit hard !! back when we could still buy brass I reckon I paid a whisker under half that - spose its 5 years ago - my grocery cart seems to have suffered a similar fate

You can always order directly from Starline

Their last batch was just sold out not too long ago. It is best to check every day for open orders, the cost should be a lot cheaper than paying a dealer.
    https://www.starlinebrass.com/rifle-brass/

Starline will not accept back orders for many calibers including 38 WCF. Hard to imagine what they are up to.

Boolit Grand Master
    I'm not sure if Starline will ship retail orders overseas or not.

I do like the looks of those button mag 92 carbines though. One configuration of lever actions I have not owned. Maybe I need to do some shopping...

Robert

Boolit Master

Southern Middle Tennessee/ Hillsboro Alabama
    Quote Originally Posted by BoBSavage View Post
    You can always order directly from Starline

Their last batch was just sold out not too long ago. It is best to check every day for open orders, the cost should be a lot cheaper than paying a dealer.
    https://www.starlinebrass.com/rifle-brass/
    lot from Australia you cant.
    Grumpy Old Man With A Gun....... Do Not Touch !!

Quote Originally Posted by Tall View Post
    Starline will not accept back orders for many calibers including 38 WCF. Hard to imagine what they are up to.
    You have to check every day, many backorders are only open for a few hours before they are full.

I did not know they would not ship over seas, that is bad news for out fellow shooters over there.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Southgate View Post
    lot from Australia you cant.
    I brought unprimed new brass back on a trip in 2013 - had to have the original copy of my import permit to present to aussie customs on arrival - permit took weeks to get - I was already in the US when it eventually came through - Mrs had to airmail it - arrived the day before I came home . When I hit the customs desk the girl had brothers who were shooters - " this is bloody stupid - they empty bullet shells" but she had to go in back and get someone who was "firearms accredited" to check it out and let me pass.

Quote Originally Posted by BoBSavage View Post
    You have to check every day, many backorders are only open for a few hours before they are full.

I did not know they would not ship over seas, that is bad news for out fellow shooters over there.
    I have been checking their website every day for years. 38-40, 44-40 and 32-20 have not been available for many years. 41 Long Colt I have placed back orders twice in the past five years. None has been shipped to me ever by them. You are dreaming.

Boolit Master
    Yeah, it is very frustrating. You would think that if they are producing brass that SOMETHING would be in stock every now and then.

I have been checking their website every day for years. 38-40, 44-40 and 32-20 have not been available for many years. 41 Long Colt I have placed back orders twice in the past five years. None has been shipped to me ever by them. You are dreaming.
    That would be incorrect, ask me how I know! I can send receipts of my orders and links to other folks that have their recent orders.

Sometimes the back oder option is only open for a few hours...been dealing with it for two years for a few cartridge cases.

I have to go find them, but I will edit and post them here.
    Here is someone who received a 44-40 order back in July
    Last edited by BoBSavage; 08-11-2023 at 09:42 AM.

I ordered the 41 Long Colt years ago. And again in May of this year. Nothing from them other than an email each time confirming my back order.

Boolit Mold
    Buffalo arms and track of the wolf have 38-40 brass in stock now

I've gotten orders for 38/40 and 32/20 this year, as well as 38/55 long, 30-30. My backorder for 32 WS will be delivered this coming Monday. So, yes, they do come available, just gotta check in a few times a day.

Starline has 38/40 bass open for backorder right now!
    https://www.starlinebrass.com/38-40-brass

Boolit Master
    How is Track of The Wolf as a vendor compared to others sources within the USA. Most of their brass does seem to be starline. Magtec does through midway sell various brass shotgun hulls that can be formed into some rifle chamberings.