Load DataInline FabricationRepackboxReloading Everything
RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingWidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee Precision Snyders Jerky

Thread: CeeBees in a semi-auto

Boolit Buddy

CeeBees in a semi-auto

Submitted this query over on RFC but got no legitimate responses. I'm looking for a .22 semi-auto that will reliably cycle .22 CeeBees either long or short on which I could mount a scope without modifying (D&T) the rifle. I have a prewar Win 74 that cycles CeeBees but don't want to destroy its originality. Would not mind modifying internals (bolt and recoil spring) as long as I could retain originals and find the necessary parts. Anyone been down this road???

Boolit Master

The Remington 550 series, 552 maybe, has a floating chamber and will cycle anything you run through it. I run CB shorts, CB longs, and CCI Quiets and one of mine cycles them fine. Another I have will hiccup occasionally but I think it needs a good cleaning.
    Good Luck,
    Rick

Boolit Master
    30 miles South of Cheyenne, unfortunately
    Well, you may find an autoloader that runs them but if they shoot for you like they do for me, beyond 35-40 feet, one is better off throwing rocks wearing a blindfold.
    When it's time to fight, you fight like you are the third monkey on the ramp to Noah's Ark.... and brother, it's STARTING TO RAIN!!

Boolit Buddy
    Will find a 550-1 with a grooved receiver and see how that does. Thank you Rick for the suggestion...

I've using CCI .22 CB shorts in my Marlin 39A with good results. Never thought to try the 550-1. I'll give it a try and let you know results.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by roysha View Post
    Well, you may find an autoloader that runs them but if they shoot for you like they do for me, beyond 35-40 feet, one is better off throwing rocks wearing a blindfold.
    Your problem is not the ammo, but rather the gun. My one short chambered rifle shoots .5-1" 5 shot groups at 25 yards, and so far, minute of dead pig out to a measured 38 yards with one shot. It is a single shot FWIW. Going back in time I had a Rem 572 chambered for S, L, LR of course. It was stupid accurate with CB Shorts. I say that because it put down 19 Muscovy ducks and 27 feral cats in my neighborhood with a single round per critter. None of the neighbors were aware of the mayhem.
    I have danced with the Devil. She had excellent attorneys.