RotoMetals2Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionLoad DataSnyders Jerky
Wideners Reloading Everything

Thread: Wilson neck sizers?

Wilson neck sizers?

I don’t find that Wilson is still making these. I think they are neck sizers. Anyone know for sure? Look like drop the case in whack with a mallet and use some sort of rod to knock the case out. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7180.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	71.6 KB 
ID:	326530

Boolit Bub
    All of mine are full length sizers. They do produce a straight case but can be slow and a pain to use. I use an arbor press. Some of mine show signs of hammer marks. A friend uses a vise to seat the case.

Thanks these came with other goods at an estate auction. Wilson has the Reputation of producing tools for the precision shooters. I can see this would be a slow way to reload. Did it make an appreciable difference ?

Boolit Grand Master
    I would expect something like that to be used by the bench rest community. Most of the ones I have seen have been FL like the ones Lyman used to make, but the BR guys prefer to neck size only with brass that is already formed to the chamber. You may also see these being used with a little arbor press, another popular tool with the guys who shoot off bags.

Froggie
    "It aint easy being green!"

Boolit Grand Master

Wilson, Redding and Warner would make dies to your fired cases send them 3-5 fired cases and they would make the die to match them.

This was more popular back in the 50s and 60s when wildcating was more popular.

Used in an arbor press and with care they load very straight concentric ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockingkj View Post
    Thanks these came with other goods at an estate auction. Wilson has the Reputation of producing tools for the precision shooters. I can see this would be a slow way to reload. Did it make an appreciable difference ?
    if the thickness of the brass is not homogeneous, especially on the neck, and this is achieved by reaming the inside and turning the outside, if and when possible, they are not decisive, but only slow_
    without going into details, they are only a part, at best, of what is needed to obtain accurate ammo.

for more answers : Handloading for Competition, by Glen Zediker_
    Food is overrated. A nice rifle is way more important.
    Rob