Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersRepackbox
Titan ReloadingSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2Lee Precision
Reloading Everything Inline Fabrication

Thread: Charter Arms customer service is awesome

Boolit Master

Charter Arms customer service is awesome

Took a new Bulldog to the range a couple of days ago and fired a variety of .44 Russian and .44 Special handloads through it. It will be another good shooter, but I got about a 10-percent light strike rate -- and those would not go off despite trying three times. Primers were WLP. So I sent an email to Charter Thursday evening. Friday morning I heard back and they are sending me two mainspring assemblies, "strong and stronger." Hoping this cures the issue, but I really have to remove my hat and bow deeply to Charter's approach to customer care.

Moderator Emeritus

I am elated to read your post! Probably (my thoughts) with all the sue-crazy folks and greedy lawyers out there, I'd have thought they'd wish you to send them your revolver! I had a similar light-strike issue a year or two ago -- which was the recommended solution! NOT an easy task in New York State, I'd had need pay an FFL with process/costs exacerbated by shipping costs. (Instead I took revolver to a shade-tree gunsmith friend who put a shim or two under the mainspring -- and this did the fix!; added, I was not the original purchaser of this pre-owned handgun)
    Again, I'm happy for you! (My revolver was NOT a Charter...)

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    The one time I had to use Charter's customer service they did great. I'm a big fan of Charter Arms.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Boolit Master
    I have heard that Charter Arms flatly refuses to repair any of their firearms that have a manufacturing location on the barrel other than their current location. Change of ownership seems to be the culprit in this issue. FWIW, it still would not hurt to ask them for help on an older product.

Boolit Buddy
    I've used Charter's customer service a couple of times now. Once I sent it back an other they offered to send me the parts.

As for the older Charters they still service them, its just that you have to pay for it. The guns from the current location have a lifetime warranty.