Titan ReloadingWidenersReloading EverythingLoad Data
RepackboxRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
Lee Precision Snyders Jerky

Thread: Brass frame Henry 45 Colt with black powder?

Boolit Mold

Brass frame Henry 45 Colt with black powder?

Just purchased a Henry brass frame 45 Colt with the 16.5 inch bbl. Anyone using black powder in a brass frame 45 Colt Henry? Any special techniques or requirements for cleaning? I have never used PB in anything but a single shot and could use some experienced guidance. Thanks, KB

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by kb1903 View Post
    Just purchased a Henry brass frame 45 Colt with the 16.5 inch bbl. Anyone using black powder in a brass frame 45 Colt Henry? Any special techniques or requirements for cleaning? I have never used PB in anything but a single shot and could use some experienced guidance. Thanks, KB
    If its smoking the outside of the cases and putting gunk into the action ......anneal the cases
    cleaning ? we run a bunch of lever guns on Blackpowder-- cleaning is quick and easy
    we made a cleaning cradle holds the gun upside down with the nose down a little and a coke bottle with a soft plastic hose/ nozzle on it
    hold henry upside down with muzzle down at about 45degree put the spout in the chamber and squeeze water through till it runs kinda clean - plunk the gun in the cradle and run a damp patch up from the muzzle (one pass is enough a couple better maybe) then take it up and pour more water down, another pass with the patch - repeat - do this sequence three times then run dry patches till it squeaks - then one wet with WD40 ---job done for me - if its going into storage (months) then can run a patch with "proper" gun oil to finish it

We have our cleaning cradle on a portable table in the machinery shed with cleaning rods, an ice cream container of flannelette patches, couple jugs of water, the flush bottle, ...... go to clean a gun takes all of five minutes from start to done. Blackpowder cleans easy but never put a gun thats been shot back in the rack without its cleaned.

A New Original Henry Rifle or a Henry Big Boy?

Quote Originally Posted by DAVIDMAGNUM View Post
    A New Original Henry Rifle or a Henry Big Boy?
    Has to be a Big boy, the original's all have the 24" barrel.

RP

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

Monte Walsh "You have No idea how little I care".

Boolit Mold
    sorry, henry big boy 45 colt.