Snyders JerkyTitan ReloadingLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxWideners
Load Data RotoMetals2

Thread: Red Dots and the Browning Hi-Power

Moderator Emeritus

Red Dots and the Browning Hi-Power

I've been toying with putting a red dot on my Hi-Power but I have run into a problem of finding an adapter plate made for it. I am looking for an aluminum plate that will drift into the rear sight dovetail. Any of you guys have any thoughts on who might have an adapter plate made for a Browning Hi-Power? I appreciate any help!
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

Boolit Master

Must people concidere a red dot on a HP a terrible wrong. Another forum talked about using an 1911 mount envolving drilling and tapping a 4/40 . No pictures so do not know what mount. GW

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    May want to ask Cylinder & Slide about it. Far as I know, they have more experience with the Grande Puissance than anybody else.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

C&S can do BHP work that no one else can do!
    I think I see a rip in the social fabric, Brother can you spare some ammo?
    Corb Lund

Boolit Master
    I heard that C & S had closed. An others heard anything...?

Yeah, I heard that too. A real shame.

I know you can get plates for 1911s as I have a red dot on a 1911.
    Nothing wrong with it at all, it is not a permeant modification, so what could be wrong.

Boolit Master
    I know that Bill Laughridge has retired, but last I checked (1-2 weeks), they seem to still be open.
    Service members, veterans and those concerned about their mental health can call the Veterans Crisis Line to speak to trained professionals. To talk to someone, call 1-800-273-8255 and Press 1, send a text message to 838255 or chat at VeteransCrisisLine.net/Chat.

If you or someone you know might be at risk of suicide, there is help. Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255, text a crisis counselor at 741741 or visit suicidepreventionlifeline.org.

Boolit Grand Master

They are still open under new ownership. I ordered some parts from them a couple of months ago.

https://cylinder-slide.com/

https://www.shootingillustrated.com/...o-remain-open/
    2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer