Load DataWidenersLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingSnyders JerkyInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2 Repackbox
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hornady one shot and pc

Quote Originally Posted by firefly1957 View Post
    On occasion some coated bullets take a lot of effort to push though sizer when it happens I give them a spray of Lanoline/alcohol mix also used as case lube . I leave it on the bullets shoot well for me .

I have sized 45 caliber bullets from .460 after coating to .452 this way with no issues . I also size jacketed .357" bullets to .351" with same press and lube .
    OP is sizing before powder coating. There is no need for that. I always powder coat before sizing. I've even cast, powder coated and sized on the same day even though that's probably frowned upon by some.

Powder coating makes the bullets "glide" through the sizer. Even 3-4 mil oversized bullets go through the sizer with ease. If you get upwards of 6-8 mils over the sizer, you risk scraping the powder coat off the bullets but dropped bullets 1-2 mils over the sizer with another 2-3 mils of of powder coat have never been a problem for me.

I did run my 358156 with gas checks thru my Lee sizer prior to powder coating. No lube necessary. I hope not to have to size again after pc? Load some for my .357 Maximum rifle to make sure they will chamber. Resize only if necessary.
    hc18flyer