WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationRepackbox
Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2Load DataReloading Everything
Lee Precision Snyders Jerky

Thread: Aperture problem

Boolit Buddy

Aperture problem

Problem is with my eye(s). When I look thru an aperture I see 'spikes' coming down from 1 o'clock and 11 o'clock. When this first started some years ago I thought lint was caught in hole but distortion is getting worse. What is wrong???

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by JRLesan View Post
    Problem is with my eye(s). When I look thru an aperture I see 'spikes' coming down from 1 o'clock and 11 o'clock. When this first started some years ago I thought lint was caught in hole but distortion is getting worse. What is wrong???
    Old age; go see your eye doctor ??

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by JRLesan View Post
    get a larger aperture. On all my palma/match rifles I use adjustable iris front and back. As Ive gotten older the rear iris gets bigger, the front stays the same but I put a magnafying lens on it.
    You dont need to spend money on a gehman or centra, get a set of small hand reamers
    NRA High Master XTC
    DR# 2125

Boolit Master
    Look at the moon-if you see more than one you need help. Same with a red dot if it's fuzzy-Correct glasses should correct.
    Last edited by 45DUDE; 09-14-2023 at 06:40 PM.

Boolit Buddy
    Take it from one that has eye troubles. Go see an eye Doctor.

Boolit Master
    Cataracts? Before I had mine fixed everything was blurry, I don't remember seeing spikes in an aperture but it's been several years now.

Boolit Master

If you already see an eye doctor you might try opening the aperture a bit . I just swapped sights in a Replica Sharps 1859 added a Williams globe front sight and a tang sight . The tang sight had a very small aperture .05" I opened it with a drill bit to .082" and see much better with it . I was quite surprised I put in the smallest front ring with a horizonal line in the front sight and it is a prefect fit with the rear "V" in the ladder sight on the gun. The outside of the ring fits right in the rear "V" making lining up sights on target easy.

P.S. for all you talking about the eye doctor I do have a small cataract in my right eye the eye doctor is watching .
    When I think back on all the **** I learned in high school it's a wonder I can think at all ! And then my lack of education hasn't hurt me none I can read the writing on the wall.

Boolit Master
    Got mine done on Aug 24 my eyesight in the spring was 40 in that eye and had gotten worse since Aug. My check up the day after on the 25th in the eye with the new lens was 25 and the DR said it was still dilated from the operation and would only get better at one week it was better than 20, I read the 20 line perfect and got 3 out 4 on the next smaller line. Don't waste time like i did get it done.