Lee PrecisionLoad DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Snyders JerkyInline FabricationWidenersTitan Reloading
Repackbox
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ashland/Bayfield Ctys, WI - Wisconsin Severity Index, hammered.

Boolit Bub
    No, I didn't know them, but the last name sure sounds familiar for some reason.
    I think I can picture the home place though, if it's the same one I'm thinking of.
    That's such a nice area. I bet a man had to be tough to make a go of it farming there, but it sure is some pretty country.

Boolit Master
    Same boat in northern Minnesota where I hunt, I use to walk, still hunt, sit in a stand a little, now very few deer, my land is on the border of timber wolf and coyotes terority, when I have wolves, I see deer, when coyotes move in, I see no deer ?

Quote Originally Posted by JustinP View Post
    No, I haven't considered going to other areas. It's home and there is nowhere else I'd rather be.
    But I will admit, I'm nowhere near as excited about deer season as I used to be. Some of that is the deer population, and some of it might just be age....LOL
    It's not impossible to find deer but there are less. It seems like there might be less hunters too though.
    I commend that and respect that fully as a way of life and code to live by. Good luck this season.
    -Paul

Boolit Master
    JustinP
    There was a documentary/movie on "The Hakala Brothers" years ago that was filmed by one of the hunting buddies where I stayed. Corner of Mineral lake road and Ashland/Bayfield Cty Road
    It appeared on Public Television.
    beltfed/arnie

Quote Originally Posted by beltfed View Post
    JustinP
    There was a documentary/movie on "The Hakala Brothers" years ago that was filmed by one of the hunting buddies where I stayed. Corner of Mineral lake road and Ashland/Bayfield Cty Road
    beltfed/arnie
    -Paul

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by huntinlever View Post
    I commend that and respect that fully as a way of life and code to live by. Good luck this season.
    Thank you, and good luck to you too!
    Quote Originally Posted by beltfed View Post
    JustinP
    beltfed/arnie
    That was an interesting video, but I didn't recognize their place. I was thinking of a different farm I think. I'll have to keep an eye out for it next time I'm out that area.

Boolit Master
    Those fellows look the type you only mouth off to once. I want to get out in the woods around the big lake but I'll wait till a hard frost knocks the deer ticks down.
    "If everyone is thinking the same thing it means someone is not thinking"

"A rat became the unit of currency"

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic_Charlie View Post
    Those fellows look the type you only mouth off to once. I want to get out in the woods around the big lake but I'll wait till a hard frost knocks the deer ticks down.
    Yep, lol.

Good reminder on the deer ticks. My wife works with a guy with Lyme's. That disease is no lightweight.
    -Paul