Snyders JerkyLee PrecisionReloading EverythingTitan Reloading
WidenersRotoMetals2Load DataRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters Supply Inline Fabrication

Thread: Free Beagle Pup

Boolit Master

Free Beagle Pup

I caught a beagle overheating on my road last night. I have several Rottweilers who will run him over, so I can’t keep him. Is anyone in South Carolina wanting a beagle? He seems to have a friendly & obedient temperament.

Have it scanned for a chip. Someone is missing a dog

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by pete501 View Post
    Have it scanned for a chip. Someone is missing a dog
    For sure! Was probably chasing squirrels and bunnies or something and got lost. They love to Roam! I had one that wound up about 10 miles from where I lived. And this was in suburban Long Island! I mean 10 miles in the country is one thing but this dog crossed Major highways, train tracks, and numerous neighborhoods! Got a phone call from somebody in a convenience store said he opened up in the morning and the beagle came running in. Just sat down and wouldn’t leave thankfully I had a tag with my address and phone number on it. Fast forward about 30 years when I was now living in Florida. Open my front door one day only to find a basset hound sitting on the steps. Strolled in sat down in the living room and proceeded to watch television with me! She ate half my ham sandwich and drink the martini I had made for myself. Both was sitting on the floor as I was in the habit of stretching out while watching television. I found out her name was Rosie she lived about three blocks away from me and she just show up every couple of weeks and hang out for a day or two. I’d bring her home and her family thanked me for taking suck good care of her! I even gave her a bath one day because anybody that’s alone hounds will tell you if they find anything dead and rotten they love the role in it. Well Rosie showed up one day straight and like she had French perfume on. Well she got a nice bath my wife even put a ribbon on her collar just before we sent her home. She was about the sweetest dog ever. If you knew Rosie you had to love her. As the years past her visits became less and less frequent. I swear it’s the cruelest joke God has played on man by not allowing dogs to live longer! Anyway I digress

Boolit Master
    Might be a fox hound.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7035.jpeg 
Views:	9 
Size:	123.7 KB 
ID:	316382

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    In this day and age, any Vet office should have the ability to scan for a chip - worth the effort and it may tell you real quick who it belongs to.

Yeah, he's a little rangy for a beagle. jd
    It seems that people who do almost nothing, often complain loudly when it's time to do it.

Boolit Master
    AN 'obedient' beagle, really, but he does look a foxhound or hound cross. Those hounds do like to just follow their nose on occasion. Hopefully he is chipped.

Boolit Master
    We took him to the vet and there was no chip. This dog behaved like he has been abused. One of the vets was living-without-dog, so they kept him. He has a good temperament, was submissive & non-aggressive, did not howl through the night, but did act fearful and tentative. He was missing a lot of fur on his throat and some fur all around his neck, like he was tied down and wore the rope away. We posted on several social media sites, with no replies. His owner might not even know he’s gone yet if they really did leave him tied up & ignored long enough for his neck to get like that.

Boolit Master
    If I found a dog that had so obviously been mistreated there is no way I would be making any effort to find out who it belonged to!
    R.D.M.

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    justindad - glad the Vet kept the pup as it will be taken care of and have a good home. With the signs of obvious abuse and neglect, it shouldn't/t go back to the owner even if he/she shows up. So many get "tied out" and IMHO, are neglected - empty water pans, no exercise, out in the heat/cold, etc. - the owners should be punished in the same manner. The wear to the neck fur is a sure sign of extended neglect/abuse and glad the vet stepped up and kept it - I'm sure life for that pup immediately changed for the better. God's blessings on you sir - you are a good man.

Quote Originally Posted by bedbugbilly View Post
    justindad - glad the Vet kept the pup as it will be taken care of and have a good home. With the signs of obvious abuse and neglect, it shouldn't/t go back to the owner even if he/she shows up. So many get "tied out" and IMHO, are neglected - empty water pans, no exercise, out in the heat/cold, etc. - the owners should be punished in the same manner. The wear to the neck fur is a sure sign of extended neglect/abuse and glad the vet stepped up and kept it - I'm sure life for that pup immediately changed for the better. God's blessings on you sir - you are a good man.
    +++1 on this one!
    Give me something to believe in. Poison
    Arosmith What it takes
    A 12 step program

Boolit Master
    Takes a beagle to catch a loose beagle.
    Neighbors had a big old beagle Duke.
    He would go over under through a fence
    open sliders crash screen doors slip collars
    his neck was bigger than his brains.
    A beagle will follow his nose for miles.
    So I would take my cute little girl beagle
    out on the deck and say "Call Duuke!"
    AAwooooooo duuuke
    I love that beagle yodel...
    Duke would show up in a few minutes on the run
    I'd clip a leash on him, feed him pupperoni
    while his family was searching the neighborhood.
    I'd get the two lovers to yodel together, call the clans back home.
    You can't let a beagle out loose...

Boolit Master
    Looks like a happy go lucky mix but mostly Beagle, Just because they lower their head doesn't mean the were beat. If you see damage or marks they were fighting or beating is the only way some marks are made.

We had a Golden Retriever that was just so happy and nervous She would just get so happy and would leave Puddles (that is what we called her) everywhere, so we found her a happy family. I told them she may not do that for them as they are new but to watch for it and learn how to deal with it. I never heard back from them she was a whitish blonde golden color with good blood line. Smaller size and super friendly just a nerves reaction and wanted to play ball all the time and gun dog, no!! but a good family dog yes.

All my dogs are and were family dogs and submissive in the way they acted. NO MEAN DOGS OR COWS!!

They bit one another to gain control so sometimes you need to guide them and teach them you are the boss or leader of the pack or herd (by the way never never ever trust a Bull, they will kill you if they can). Doesn't mean you need to beat them, but you need a tools or grain to maybe bribe them. You also need to remember they are animals and need to be respected. Cattle A little poke with a fork or tap on the side with a handle is not going to do much hurting or damage. Figure full grown they are 1000 to 1400 pounds beating them is not a good way to move them.

Glad they found him a good home.

Boolit Grand Master

I was at my hunting camp one night when it was -10 and snowing. Heating up dinner heard something and it was a beagle at the door front paws up shivering. Surprised as I am 10 miles out in the woods I let it in and walked out to the snowmobile trail but no one was there. Went back and fed it a left over can of dog food. It curled up next to the woodstove for the night. Next morning walked out with the dog and called the number on the collar. Guy from Mass answered said they were rabbit hunting up my way, dog didn't come back so left it in the woods and headed home.
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Master
    My beagle was a dog mill pure bred puppy maker, was turned out and fixed at 8yo free to a good home. She had never been walked on a leash, house broken or even chased a ball. She adopted my wife, and we had a fenced in yard, minimal accidents indoors. She died of pneumonia at 14yo, caught something nasty digging squirrels in the desert.