Titan ReloadingSnyders JerkyReloading EverythingLoad Data
MidSouth Shooters Supply RotoMetals2
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: cell phone

Boolit Grand Master

cell phone

Good friend is here for a visit.
    Missed yacking with him.
    He's never had a cell phone, and never want's one.
    Must be nice.
    I have one, but almost never answer it.
    Old flip phone.
    Only use it when I take my cat to the vet.
    I do not text.
    Don't even know how.
    These days everyone "assumes" everyone has one.
    So how many here don't have a cell phone???

Boolit Master

I have one, But it has a rotary dial
    Being human is not for sissies.

Boolit Buddy
    I am sorry to say I have 2 of them,1 for my business and a personal one.
    They are necessary evils in my life.

Boolit Master
    once i retire i may consider my electronic leash needs, but for today there just seems to be no way around them.

What is astounding is that almost all of the time folks assume you have one to do "xyz" to make it easier on them

In my mind most are tracking apps to keep tabs on what I'm doing, which is why there is the big push for cashless apps.

Boolit Buddy
    I worked in the telephone industry most of my life; I had one because it was provided and required for business. The day I retired I left it on my desk and never looked back. I don't intend to have another ever.
    Try being informed instead of just opinionated.
    Sometimes it is better to just smile and walk away.

You can always tell a Handloader, by his unceasing quest for spent brass.

No cell phone here. Never had one. Landline number is unlisted and I get zero sales calls.

Even my family doesn't call me.

Boolit Master
    I don't have one. People look at me like I have two heads when I tell them.
    swamp
    There is no problem so great, that it cannot be solved by the proper application of high explosives.

Boolit Master
    well, i am 75 years old and i have a cell phone. some of you guys can be as stubborn as you want; but the facts are that a phone in your pocket is a very convenient item to have. it can and will get you out of trouble in a emergency. and, there are no more pay phones along the road to use. keep fighting the use of one; those of us that have a cell phone don't care.

Banned

mine sits on the table at home. only time i carry it is going to camp or heading out alone in crappy weather. wife on the other hand might as well have it implanted

Banned
    You fellows that don't have a cell phone, do you have a car or are you still riding a horse? Hey, Hey I'm only kidding, honest to God. It took me a long time to get a cell phone, but I don't think I would like to be without one now. I have a friend that just got on and I lost big money on betting he would never get one. In fact Verizon is giving him a big bonus and award for being the "last man" in the U.S. to get a cell phone! Hey I'm kidding again, but he did get a cell phone and I was shocked. He doesn't know how to use it LOL LOL. I told him look it up on Google or YouTube. Verizon seen him coming and had a big surf rod out and reeled him in. I asked how much it paid for it and he said they gave it to me free. I could hardly talk I was laughing so hard, but I explained to him what free meant.

Boolit Master

I have one; been in or around the Telecomm/IT world for almost 5 decades. They are a tool; and one I only want to use infrequently. If there is a critical issue requiring someone to contact me - use it - if not then leave me alone as I am not chatty and don't talk on cell phone/speaker phone/house or office phone/radio unless there is a real need. Same goes for "Meetings"; only if there is a need and "Progress" can be had by having one.

Last week my wife had friends from here college years visiting; both had cell phone addiction. Continual ring tones because of a Text received or an incoming phone call. Of course; they HAD TO TEXT OR CALL BACK continually. As we traveled into the wilds of Montana and Cell Service outage predominated - it was blissful silence; but there was Cell Phone withdrawal evident for both ladies.
    Mustang

"In the beginning... the patriot is a scarce man, and brave and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." - Mark Twain.

That attitude will never cut it in today's dating world. If you are married, don't ever let her go.
    These men and their hypnotized followers call this a new order. It is not new. It is not order.

Moderator Emeritus

I have a iPhone, got it in 2018 after a road/vehicle emergency when I didn't have one. I rarely use it for anything, except if I am on the road. My time expires in 2 weeks, I am considering ending the service, or re-upping for another year for $125. Not sure yet, what I'm gonna do?
    Prior to that, I didn't have any cell phone...except for about 6 months back in 2009 when I was dating this chick, she said I had to have one. When we broke up, I traded that phone for a bag of fish...Best swap I ever did.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Master

My phone is much more than a way to talk to someone. It is my Bible, watch, camera, game console, library, flashlight, calculator, internet and TV.
    NRA Benefactor Member NRA Golden Eagle

I don't own one, but I do carry one.
    My work supplies it and I use for personal, no way I would carry two of the things around with me.
    One thing to keep in mind, do not say anything around them that you do not want to make public, the mics are always hot.
    No one may be listening, but the ability is still there.
    Have you noticed, you can't remove the batteries anymore?

Battery died on the car today sitting in the oncologist parking lot as wonderful rain fell from the sky looked under the hood checked for loose cables etc jumped back in the car wondering who to call when a fine young man waved asked did we need a jump? Yes please! Better than the cell phone anytime! Thanks God & that stranger
    Before you break into my house stand outside and get right with Jesus tell him you're on your way!!

Boolit Master
    I have (reluctantly) a flip cell phone. I got it to get my wife and kids off my back. I only turn it on when I am out in the shop or traveling. I do use it for long distance calls as it has unlimited Canada calls included in the monthly cost ($32). At my last job (contract work) the gal running the place told me (half-way through the contract) that I would have to get e Blackberry. I asked her why? and she said so she could get hold of me, to which I replied that I was at my desk from 8AM to 4 PM Monday to Friday. She replied; so that she could get me on weekends. My answer was that I did not work weekends! Never got another contract, but that was OK with me.
    R.D.M.

Moderator Emeritus

I have one... being disabled if I have a breakdown it is a must to get help.

Quote Originally Posted by pete501 View Post
    No cell phone here. Never had one. Landline number is unlisted and I get zero sales calls.

Even my family doesn't call me.
    same here - been getting average of 6+ scam calls daily - wonder why wife has been paying ecxtra for unlisted number for over 5 decades - have 15 year old razor flip phone + only a few people have the number -
    never pick a fight with an old man - if he is too old to fight he will just kill you -
    in this current crisis our government is not the solution , it is the problem ! -

ILLEGITIMI NON CARBORUNDUM

as they say in latin

Quote Originally Posted by TD1886 View Post
    In fact Verizon is giving him a big bonus and award for being the "last man" in the U.S. to get a cell phone! .
    Nah. So far, I'm still in the running for that distinction.

Back in the 80s, I never even got a beeper, even when they were $1. a month.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.