RotoMetals2Load DataRepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline FabricationReloading EverythingSnyders JerkyLee Precision
Wideners Titan Reloading
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I get it.

Murf, I'm not Froogal, but I can tell you my Ruger PC accounted for three turtles I didn't want in my pond with the first three shots using the factory sights and cast. I have since added an inexpensive Sig red dot but have yet not bench tested it and most likely never will. It hasn't yet malfunctioned.
    Tony
    Last edited by AnthonyB; 07-15-2023 at 06:54 PM. Reason: auto-correct

I love the crowd that always says, "not my guns" that is exactly what you sound like. You better wake up, it is all guns buddy. Sorry you are inconvenience by defending a specific gun, AK, AR, Glock, etc....poor sole.

It ain't the gun, it is the criminal. A gun is an object, it does nothing, just lays there. Listen to yourselves.
    “There is a remedy for all things, save death.“
    Cervantes

“Never give up, never quit.”
    Robert Rogers
    Roger’s Rangers

There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.
    Will Rogers

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by vonb View Post
    I have a love/hate relationship with ARs. I prefer a bolt gun over any other action. However, for coyote hunting or a prairie dog town, there’s nothing better. Also, ARs can be made adaptable for small/new hunters where you need a shorter stock. My daughter shot her first deer at 8 years old with an AR with an adjustable stock and a bonded bullet. It flat out worked where I couldn’t cut the stock on a bolt gun.
    that can back fire (excuse the pun) my wife wanted to shoot somethig big. she had shot deer and pigs with her 250 sav. we usually shoot a cow bison at my buddys fenced kill coral. wnent there to have her soot one. i had her practice with 556 ars with a 2x7 leupold on it and a couple days before i swapped the scope onto my 50 beowulf. figured for one excited shot shed never know the difference. when whe got there my buddy said he had a 1600 lb cow water buffalo he wanted dead so we decided to go that route. got there and she shouldered the gun and said she needed the scope closer so i retracted it two notches not thinking.

about an hour later we found it and at the shot she dropped the gun and the buffalo took off running. i thought (mistakenly) that she mad a bad shot and ran up grabbed the gun out of the mud and chased it down and shot it 2 more times. went back and found her sitting on the ground crying with blood everywhere. scope came back and broke her nose. i sure didnt get brownie points for leaving her hurt to put down the buffalo especially when we found 3 holes inches from each other that all would have taken out both lungs. my buddys sure thought they were funny telling her that i was chasing a dead animal while she sat in the mud in pain.

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyB View Post
    Murf, I'm not Froogal, but I can tell you my Ruger PC accounted for three turtles I didn't want in my pond with the first three shots using the factory sights and cast. I have since added an inexpensive Sig red dot but have yet not bench tested it and most likely never will. It hasn't yet malfunctioned.
    Tony
    Thanks Tony. I am relieved to hear the "and cast" part. If I buy one, that is all it will probably be fed. I have found one for $566 on GoingBroker, which is the best price I've seen.
    As far as AR's are concerned I am a blue and wood guy by nature but for you guys that like 'em, thanks for all the brass! My 527 CZ loves it when paired with 69 gr Sierra's. It is a shame that the news media lay's the blame on ANY specific type of weapon when the REAL problem is the sicko's and criminals.
    IT AINT what ya shoot--its how ya shoot it. NONE of us are as smart as ALL of us!