Lee PrecisionWidenersLoad DataTitan Reloading
Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingRepackbox
Snyders Jerky RotoMetals2

Thread: What did you do in the reloading room today?

Boolit Master
    Listed up one of my air rifles to cover the cost of some inflation. I hope this does not become a habit.
    Stop being blinded by your own ignorance.

Boolit Mold
    I cast approx. 250 or so M-P Mold 45-270SAA bullets with Lyman #2 alloy. Switched over to Lyman .44 SW 429244g/c and dropped another 200 with the same alloy. Opened my newly arrived M-P Molds 476-400 mold and cleaned it up (they really didn’t need it, they are perfect). I will give the freshly cast bullets 3 days to age harden and test hardness. 35 degrees here in N.W. Michigan and snow changing to sleet. Good day to play indoors. In a couple of days when the temps go up I think I may go searching for a couple hundred pounds of wheel weight scrap.

While not really reloading, I need it in my reloading room. Finally got around to replacing my old stereo system in my reloading room. Don't worry, I only crank it up if I'm doing something mundane and repetitive. Sizing brass, cleaning primer pockets, casting & sizing. When the powder comes out, the music goes off. I don't want any distraction.

300 Watt's system, two speakers. Think I'll add two more. I've gone from standard CD (15-20 songs per disc), to an MP3 player (150-175 songs per disc). And now, this one will accept a memory stick. Literally 1000's of songs in one place! And, my taste in music is wide and varied...very varied. But I look at music much like a huge food buffet. Ain't no liver (not to me anyway) in my play lists. I know the limited few that may ever spend time in my reloading with me are going to think I'm nuts. The player is set on Random, so it chooses what plays next. Here's a sample of what one may get exposed to in my reloading room music.

1. Hank Williams Sr - Your Cheating Heart
    2. Led Zeppelin - Whole Lotta Love
    3. Johnny Taylor - Who's Makin' Love, To Your Ole Lady (While you was out makin' love)
    4. Ralph Stanley - Rank Stranger
    5. Johnny Rivers - Poor Side Of Town
    6. Zakk Wylde - Way Beyond Empty
    7. Everly Brothers - Lucille
    8. Hank Williams Jr. - Whiskey Bent and Hell Bound
    9. Black Spiritual by unknown to me artists
    10. Black Oak Arkansas - Jim Dandy To The Rescue
    11. Jerry Lee Lewis - Don't Put No Headstone On My Grave
    12. Johnny Cash - Oney
    13. The Righteous Brothers - Unchained Melody
    14. Humble Pie - 30 Day's In The Whole
    15. Eric Burdon & the Animals - Sky Pilot
    16. Patsy Cline - Sweet Dreams Of You
    17. Bob Seger - Turn The Page
    18. Faron Young - Hello Walls
    19. AC/DC - You Shook Me All Night Long
    20. Elvis - You Saw Me Crying In The Chapel

Some of you will recognize the whole list, and well...you're good! And, getting older too. But, to me music is fuel to me when I need some.

Murphy
    If I should depart this life while defending those who cannot defend themselves, then I have died the most honorable of deaths. Marc R. Murphy '2006'.

Had a bit of repair to do after the torpedo went over two weeks ago, burning and stackng, burning some more.
    Finally got around to some reloading. Did some 6mm Mongoose, 243 Win and 30x39. Had the rifle barrels to wet bore break in, scopes to get sighted in at 100 meters, etc.
    3 of my neighbors, have wild hogs on their game cameras, night and day pictures, need to get ready for the unwelcome visitors. Two pictures have aprox 400 pounders pictured. Those I will hunt up with the 358 if they get on our place.
    “There is a remedy for all things, save death.“
    Cervantes

“Never give up, never quit.”
    Robert Rogers
    Roger’s Rangers

There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.
    Will Rogers

Murphy, your list sounds like my very Eclectic music list. I set mine to random repeat as well and just let it rip. Change discs or thumb drives wen I get tired of one set. I like a bit of sound for company.
    Cervantes

Robert Rogers
    Roger’s Rangers

There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.
    Will Rogers

Trying to get my powder charger to drop the right weight. I’ve moved my 223 set up from a turret press to a progressive press and it’ll throw 24.8gr or 25.2gr but not 25gr.

Might help to take the powder throw apart and clean it good with solvent, at times they have a wee bit of oil from machining left in them.
    Cervantes

Robert Rogers
    Roger’s Rangers

Will Rogers

Torpedo? ----- Oh, tornado, maybe?. Silly me.
    Cognitive Dissident

set up a brand new xl650 and cast about a 150 pounds of lead into pucks for later, great day.
    ILSA MEMBER
    CLASS 6 FFL

Continuing with my .35 resurgence, I loaded these 50 commercial 148 gr wadcutters over 2.8 gr of Bullseye. I have a few hundred more cases primed, and several different bullets to load. I think I'll feed these to my 5-screw K38.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20230508_132038085.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	69.2 KB 
ID:	313838

Boolit Master

Lets see.. set up an arbor press to do some gas check cutting with my new set of check makers.. started melting down a bunch of old candles into wax bricks to go along with my crayon bricks.. and beeswax bricks. I keep these stockpiled.. the wax makes good flux for the lead pots.. and gets used when I am making bullet lube. Set up my new breech lock lee sizer to try out.. have been using the old style push thru sizers a long time. Got a couple new molds to play with.. one for .270...

Boolit Bub
    I loaded up some 9mm 124gr HST in Nickel federal cases, cci primers and BE86 powder. They chrono 1150 fps out of a 4 inch barrel. My duplicate load compared to factory standard pressure 124 HST.

What did you do in the reloading room today?

I loaded some full power 30-30 Mauser practice loads featuring cheap fmj bullets over Norma 203B and Ginex LR primers from Bosnia.
    And some 30-06 with the same ingredients.
    These two rifles of mine are accurate test beds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

South Central Alaska. on the north gulf coast
    Found a great cast iron Dutch oven at a garage sale today $5‼️. Also got setup to load some test rounds in 5.56 75gr. Haven’t tried those yet. Also still waiting for my shooting arm to heal up enough to shoot the rifle again.

loading up some 9mm

200 9mm cases primed and ready to load with 124gr RMR JHP boolits.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9mm_Primers_small.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	44.7 KB 
ID:	313897

Boolit Grand Master
    I’m shooting at the N-SSA Spring Nationals next weekend, and since I shot up all of my old ammo last weekend, I’m casting and loading. Yesterday I cast a big old mess of .515” bullets for my Maynard then filled the old RCBS Pro Melt with pure lead so I can cast Minie Balls today. Then comes sizing and lubing tonight and tomorrow followed by loading and boxing for the event. I plan to fill one of my old Ideal #1 lubricating pumps with Emmert’s Lube to see whether I can speed the process compared to pan lubing and sizing separately.

On fleaBay I recently picked up one of the old, discontinued Pacific powder measures that fit on a powder can. With its separate drop tube it works very much like the much vaunted old B&M Visible Measure, so for BP it should be just the Huckleberry. I’ll need to load at least 50-100 rounds each for my Maynard Carbine and my Zouave Musket.
    "It aint easy being green!"

Today is melt and mix day, need to get all my lead ready to cast, kinda boring but as you all know a necessity to have consistent weights and hardness, only about a 100 pounds to do so wont be an all dayer, and then maybe cast some 215gr 44 mags, we shall see, its pretty warm in ole FL today.
    ILSA MEMBER
    CLASS 6 FFL

Boolit Master

Deprimed about 80, 41 magnum cases.
    Tumbled for about an hour.
    Sized and powder coated 200, .411 boolits. NOE 237 gr. SWC
    Powder coated 400 as cast .453. MP 230 gr round nose penta hollow point.

Need to cast a bunch!!

Finished fireforming some 11.15x58R Werndl brass for a good friend up in KY. Got it packaged up along with some .446 cast and my die set as a loaner so hopefully he can get it shooting soon!! We did the math and figured we could ship the dies back and forth for a long time before it made sense for him to buy a set!!!
    "Do not follow where the path might lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail" Ralph Waldo Emerson

I had to relearn my casting cadence since I bored out my Drip O Matic Lee pot…..
    But it works great.
    The little Lee .225 was most of the lesson, but it and the .309 170 and the .324 175 worked great.
    The 8mm mould was used (with issues) when I got it but reseating and anchoring the alignment pins fixed it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk