Load DataReloading EverythingLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
WidenersInline FabricationTitan ReloadingRepackbox
Snyders Jerky RotoMetals2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Everybody wants photos it seems .............

Selling the good stuff at guns shows is a waste of your time. These guys going there all want it cheap, and cheaper and why they go to shows. Not every show is like this but most are now. The Net and lots of good clear photos is the best way to sell the good stuff. There are many buyers who want that good stuff but they are not found at guns shows much, why is a mystery but pre computer and Net they were all there! we had a good time too!

You have a Mac...that's great, it doesn't get any simpler.
    Last edited by OS OK; 04-23-2023 at 08:59 AM.
    a m e r i c a n p r a v d a

Be a Patriot . . . expose their lies!

“In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” G. Orwell

Here is a page that allows you to do bit compression on pictures.
    https://tinypng.com/
    These men and their hypnotized followers call this a new order. It is not new. It is not order.

South of the north pole in the land of the falling waters
    Don , I don't think I've ignored anyone asking for pictures yet , I have on other sites though . I tell 'em NO PICTURES and they just breeze by that .

While looking for the cable to connect my camera to the computer . I didn't find one that fits but I did find another camera and a cable that fits that one . So maybe all is not lost , I've got the battery charging for that . Unfortunately today is a mix of snow/rain here in the land of falling waters . Pictures may not be up to par . First thing is to figure out how to use this "other" camera and go from there . I really prefer natural lighting but I may have to use what I have .

I'll keep you guys posted , Jack
    Buy it cheap and stack it deep , you may need it !

Black Rifles Matter

Quote Originally Posted by Bazoo View Post
    I use postimages.org
    I think this is the easiest way to go!

USMC E-5 69-72
    Paypal is an anti-2nd amendment organization

Keep in mind, that the photo may be too large to download. If that’s the case, I usually select medium from the bottom of the photo, and it works fine.
    "Experience is a series of non-fatal mistakes"

Disarming is a mistake free people only get to make once...

Boolit Master
    Once you’ve mailed your phone picture to yourself and dropped it on your screen, go to Shrinkpicturesdotcom (use the period). The service is free for one picture at a time. Click on “Resize,” click on “Browse” and follow directions. Limit the size to 300-600 pixels (or whatever they are), hit the resize button, wait a minute, rename the result and move it to your desktop.

Get on this site, start your thread, hit “Manage Attachments” and follow the directions. On this site, you can hit “Preview” and see your picture before posting. Other sites based on YABB don’t allow this; do your corrections on the draft and post directly. If you try “Preview,” you’ll see your text but the picture will disappear.

Castboolits has limits on how much space you get for pictures, but when the sale is done, you can delete them and get the space back.

I’m an utterly incompetent technophobe, at least with any technology involving bites, bits or electronics, but I can do this, so anyone can.

Quote Originally Posted by Stopsign32v View Post
    A quick and easy way for pictures are to use your phone and email yourself the pictures. Then go on your computer, go to your email, then save them to your desktop.
    This is probably the easiest, and I'll correct the rotation of the photo on the phone before I try and send it, it takes just seconds. My phone also asks if I want to resize the photos before emailing them, three options 70%, 30%, or 10% of original. I almost always choose 10% there is more than enough resolution with the newer phone cameras to get a good image.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Stanley View Post
    Attachment 313315

Maybe ??

Are those to big ??

Jack
    Whatever you are doing is not working.
    Pictures are not visible, yes, could be too big.
    jmo,
    Size/Prime a few cases when starting off with a progressive and put them aside. You can plug them back into the process when a bad/odd case screws up in the priming station and continue loading.

I managed to get two pictures to Flickr ..... can't seem to get them here .

Jack

Black Rifles Matter

Boolit Master

I really like this Boolit and have turned several buddies on to the site. My photo skills still need honed as my downloaded photos end up 90* out of wack on the page and I can't figure out how to rotate them. The photos appear upright on my photo site. Only when I try to import them to an info discussion or the Swap page they turn and lay down on me. There has to be an RKI Moderator on the Boolit that can help us old timers! Oh an RKI is a Reasonably Knowledgeable Individual ! Thanks!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockindaddy View Post
    I really like this Boolit and have turned several buddies on to the site. My photo skills still need honed as my downloaded photos end up 90* out of wack on the page and I can't figure out how to rotate them. The photos appear upright on my photo site. Only when I try to import them to an info discussion or the Swap page they turn and lay down on me. There has to be an RKI Moderator on the Boolit that can help us old timers! Oh an RKI is a Reasonably Knowledgeable Individual ! Thanks!
    RKI...
    Uploading pics, directly from your 'puter, as well as resizing/editing/rotating a pic has been covered within this thread already.
    All you need to do is read those posts and follow along, having multiple windows open and "alt/tabbing" between them makes any process go along easily.
    If you have questions along the way, just ask.

There's no reason to pull the "old timers" card as an excuse.
    Know that I am way north of 70.
    jmo,
    Last edited by Kenstone; 04-26-2023 at 12:45 PM.
    Size/Prime a few cases when starting off with a progressive and put them aside. You can plug them back into the process when a bad/odd case screws up in the priming station and continue loading.

Boolit Grand Master

How can it be that men who learned to cast and reload cannot master posting photos? Methinks it is more don’t want to than can’t.
    ”We know they are lying, they know they are lying, they know we know they are lying, we know they know we know they are lying, yet they are still lying.” –Aleksandr Isayevich Solzhenitsyn

My Straight Shooters thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-shooter

The Pewter Pictures and Hallmarks thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...-and-hallmarks

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by imashooter2 View Post
    How can it be that men who learned to cast and reload cannot master posting photos? Methinks it is more don’t want to than can’t.

Yes 'puters came along late in my career and all my co-workers my age were petrified, with most vowing to never use them.
    Once I saw how powerful 'puters were (Cad/Modeling/etc. software), I jumped in with both feet, took courses at night and soon had engineers, with doctorate degrees, asking me about some things I had done, and to solve problems for them.
    Before that my problem-solving skills were limited to a four-function calculator.
    jmo,

As the photo on my avatar shows , I was once able to move photos . Then Photobucket started charging a fee and I stop and the how to do it has changed ......How many times . So yeah , I'm new all over again and it's more frustrating this time .

So I guess step one is , does anyone have an Apple computer AND a Flickr account ?

Thanks , Jack

Black Rifles Matter

Boolit Master
    As the photo on my avatar shows , I was once able to move photos . Then Photobucket started charging a fee and I stop and the how to do it has changed ......How many times . So yeah , I'm new all over again and it's more frustrating this time .

So I guess step one is , does anyone have an Apple computer AND a Flickr account ?

Thanks , Jack
    No Apple here, and you don't need a flicker account.
    I have to ask though, with limited knowledge of 'puters why did you switch from windows/Microsoft to Apple?
    I'm guessing only about 5% of computers today use Mac.

Did you know you can use windows 10 software on your Apple?
    Good luck on your quest, hopefully someone will jump in and help you out.
    Maybe OS OK...
    https://castboolits.gunloads.com/member.php?42565-OS-OK
    Last edited by Kenstone; 04-27-2023 at 01:34 PM.

Boolit Master
    I don’t trust anyone - not even a moderator or a honcho. I used to trust people, but then I got burned.
    I thought about buying a gun here. The seller had good feedback. But $1,200 would be a heck of a way for someone to make their exit from this forum. I couldn’t bring myself to buy it.
    Then you got hackers…

OK , Thanks all

Jack

Black Rifles Matter

I'm retiring from a 20 year IT Technician's job at a high school district in So Cal at the end of June. After July first. I would be willing to help anyone who needs computer help. Other than casting, powder coating and reloading bullets, I'm not going to have much to do. I sure don't want to use up the few hundred pounds of lead I have the first week I'm home so I'm gonna need something else to do. lol I became a member of Cast Boolits a long time ago and because of life, I stepped away until recently when the firearm flame started burning hot again and I bought Rossi R92 357 20". Need food for it so dug out all my equipment from storage. I live in an RV full time and it has been a small challenge and have a good set up now.

Boolit Master
    OK , Thanks all

Jack
    OK, here's a bunch of utube vids about uploading pics with a Mac:
    https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...orum+with+Mac+