Snyders JerkyRepackboxTitan ReloadingLoad Data
Inline FabricationLee PrecisionWidenersRotoMetals2
Reloading Everything MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Shout out for RCBS

Shout out for RCBS

Well, they did it again. I just picked up a set of RCBS 45 colt dies. Turns out they are a very old set, born in 1978. Back then, the decapper was built into die #2, the expander die. That won’t work on a progressive press.
    I called RCBS and the nice gentleman was very accommodating. He immediately sent out, at no charge, a new decap Assy, bushing and lock nut that can be installed in die #1. Then I remove the decap pin from die #2 and things will work fine on a progressive.

Thank you very much RCBS!
    Sam Sackett

Boolit Master

I have had similar experience with RCBS: I have a problem or broken part, they send me a new part no charge.
    Buy American !
    Death to every foe and traitor and hurrah, my boys, for freedom !

Boolit Master
    i have had similar experiences with redding. and they make everything in USA not some of it in china , like rcbs

RCBS is above and beyond with customer service. I called and told them that I broke an expensive piece of their equipment (my fault.)

They immediately sent it free of charge.....still thinking about sending them a check...it was my fault.

I've called them and told them I would pay for the item, but they wouldn't take my money and then shipped it to me. Outstanding company!

Boolit Master
    Always had good experience with RCBS, except for their electronic scales. They want no parts of replacing those! But I can understand that since that crap all comes from China. NOW, Hornady on the other hand. Very disappointed in their customer service anymore. I have an old Pacific press and it works better than all my others. But the flip out primer feed cup pulled through the shaft that holds it and the spring under it just popped it off. I had replaced it before because the cup got cracked when I get a primer in there sideways. They charged me back then also but it was my fault so I did not say anything. But this time it was just plain poor workmanship. When she gave me the price and said I was already in their system I told her it was for the very same part but this time it just fell apart. Full charge anyway. 13 bucks and change for three little pieces and 20.00 shipping. And those parts probably cost them 2.00 from China.
    I just ordered all the parts to upgrade the shell feeder on my old Lee Pro 1000 press. There were about 8-9 parts in that list with a couple of them bigger parts. Zero charge except for shipping which was surprisingly cheap. This was not even a broken part thing, it was an upgrade to a 35 year old press. My experience with Lyman has been 50/50. I had them send me some hard to find parts for my old #45 lubesizer for free along with several old manuals and brochures for them. But I also had to pay for a couple of lost collets for a trimmer.

Boolit Master
    some of you guys just won't stop supporting a company that has some of their products made offshore!!