WidenersLoad DataSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2Repackbox
Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: No more non-FFL firearms shipping through UPS and Fedex

Boolit Master
    I didn't think an air rifle was considered a firearm by the ATF?

People who don't like guns aren't going to bother learning any details and there's no consequences for restricting anything and everything gun related. It's only going to get worse.

Boolit Master

Brothers, Just dismantle what you need to ship and send multiple packages of metal and wood. Might even cut down on the chance of theft.
    “You should tell someone what you know. There should be a history, so that men can learn from it.

He smiled. “Men do not learn from history. Each generation believes itself brighter than the last, each believes it can survive the mistakes of the older ones. Each discovers each old thing and they throw up their hands and say ‘See! Look what I have found! Look upon what I know!’ And each believes it is something new.

Louis L’Amour

The Californios

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Tom View Post
    USPS is not allowed per federal regulation.
    That applies to pistols but not to long guns.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyman View Post
    So what are the rules for the USPS(postal service)?

A nonlicensee may not transfer a firearm to a non-licensed resident of another state. A nonlicensee may mail a shotgun or rifle to a resident of their own state or to a licensee in any state.

The U.S. Postal Service recommends that long guns be sent by registered mail and that no marking of any kind which would indicate the nature of the contents be placed on the outside of any parcel containing firearms.

Handguns are not mailable. A common or contract carrier must be used to ship a handgun.

[18 U.S.C. 1715, 922(a)(5) and 922 (a)(2)(A); 27 CFR 478.31]

Source: https://www.atf.gov/firearms/qa/may-...postal-service

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by slim1836 View Post
    Thanks for the clarification Smoke4320. Wasn't there a ruling lately of some nature that stated serial numbers were no longer required on weapons or did I imagine this?

Slim
    One of our great WV Federal judges recently ruled that. Here is the title of the article:
    Ban on guns with serial numbers removed is unconstitutional -U.S. judge

Boolit Master
    seated with Him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus (Eph 2:6)
    USPS has never had a problem with me shipping "machine parts"
    "Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." -John Adams 2nd POTUS

Boolit Master
    These large, PRIVATE companies have made it their COMPANY policy to restrict the shipping of a product. As the saying goes; "Their ball, their game."
    And as noted,, hopefully another company will step up & fill the void left by them.

And to advocate an illegal activity; "shipping machine parts," or whatever,, via the USPS could have felonious results.

I do not know what the law is about using a private carrier like UPS or FedEx to ship machine parts etc so I can't fully comment there. BUT a serialized PART is considered by the Feds as a firearm. So, be aware of the laws there.

I made good friends with a freedom loving FFL long ago. He can ship a handgun via USPS w/o hassles, as long as his current FFL is on file with the USPS. He's very reasonable in his expenses to me for shipping, ESPECIALLY if I do the work in packaging.
    Legal, no hassles, and insured.

Another option would be to get a FFL of some type. If you like the older guns,, that are C&R eligible then it's an easy thing to consider.

But everytime a normally law-abiding person violates a gun law,, the media & the anti-gun types can & will use it as a way of proving their reasoning to stop all of us. I do not like giving these types ANY reason to point a negative finger at us.

The only way a private carrier service, such as UPS or FedEx will consider a change is when it hurts them in the pocketbook. If you have a business that uses them, and you stop using them for ALL of your shipping needs, & start shipping via USPS, they lose money. A polite letter explaining your position, yet keeping you account open but never using it, also costs THEM in their bookkeeping. If enough companies that deal in firearms, parts, etc ALL stopped using their services,, it can & will affect these shippers profits.

I haven't shipped anything using FedEx or UPS since they forced the "overnight shipping" requirement for firearms. It's not to say that I haven't had companies use them to ship stuff to me because other companies can & do use their services.

Maybe a larger service like Amazon will see the void & step in. But NOTHING will change until there's a MONEY consideration.

Anybody ever used Ship My Gun from Bud’s?
    "Experience is a series of non-fatal mistakes"

Disarming is a mistake free people only get to make once...

So we cannot ship our own firearms to an ffl gunsmith for modification or repair ? Don’t you all feel a lot safer now. I will never vote for a Democrat, even if a friend or family member.

Does it really matter? The Republicans have had the opportunity to make changes multiple times in the past. What can they point to as accomplishments?

It's all just an illusion to make us *think* we have a choice.

Money and power. At the end of the day that's all any politician is concerned about.

Boolit Buddy
    I recently had to ship a gun for repair to a manufacturer. I had them send me the shipping label and shipped it using FEDEX. It was also directly shipped back to me at the house as well. Previously when a local UPS franchise wouldn't ship I just printed a label and had a local FFL holder just add it to his stack. No issues either time.

Banned
    Well looks like I'm going to have to get into the garments business sewing up grey uniforms. I'll give Mike Lindell a call because the Democrats have hurt his business in a big way. See if he's interested and joining me. Get your sizes ready Boys!!! It's coming!!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by scattershot View Post
    I have thought about using shipmygun.com but never have.

I went to https://www.shipmygun.com/go/ and found that it looks like they are still doing business for both handguns and long guns.

I have a 357 Max revolver that I should send back to Dan Wesson (needs a new extractor) but keep putting it off.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by scattershot View Post
    I have. Works great!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
    …..if I were shipping any modern firearms I'd bear the extra expense and ship strictly FFL to FFL…..
    From what I just read it doesn’t sound like any of us will have a choice. I’m wondering about the clause about manufacturers, dealers and FFLs must start a special UPS account to ship through them. Are they saying a new account just for shipping firearms and parts? Shipping through an FFL May get more expensive too.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by justindad View Post
    Does this impact Midway shipping out replacement parts, like a 1911 ejector rod?
    A 1911 ejector rod?

Quote Originally Posted by Bmi48219 View Post
    A 1911 ejector rod?
    No problem.
    You just have to ship those in a box labeled 'gonkulator' and be sure to mark it 'FRAGILE' on all six sides.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Boolit Master

It is kind of funny that the GCA of 1968 pushed services like UPS into well being with the restrictions on gun shipments now they want to kill themselves with political correctness!

Gun parts can go though the mail there is a strict rule on some parts like receivers that can not the rules are complicated on some things like you can not shipped primed brass but primed shotshells were okay last I saw??? USPS shipping prices have skyrockets a flat rate envelope that was under $5 not to long ago is over $9 now .
    I have mails cast slugs and bullets to people who needed them with no issues . I have talked to a postal employee that told of a USPS employee walking off the job because of a perfectly legal shotgun shipment .

I think it was in another post here at castboolits I read that the unions were pushing the nonsense of not shipping gun parts ?
    When I think back on all the **** I learned in high school it's a wonder I can think at all ! And then my lack of education hasn't hurt me none I can read the writing on the wall.

Boolit Master

So..is this going to kill the ebay / gunbroker etc sales completely?