RepackboxSnyders JerkyInline FabricationLoad Data
WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hornady Cam Lock puller...What am I doing wrong?

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Stopsign32v View Post
    Good grief no matter what adjustments I try I can't seem to get past this

you are grabbing the case not the bullet is your problem. you need to feel the collet bump the top edge of the brass and then raised the die a little and grab the bullet , you have to adjust the collet as you do this . make sure the cam handle is pointed straight up when adjusting then snug down on bullet then pull the cam handle down to bite onto the bullet and pull . after you get the first on set you only need to use the cam handle

I have the RCBS inertial puller. You get rid of that little wad of fuzz at the bottom and clean between different boolit types and you can reclaim the boolit, case, powder and primer. I made a ladder of 25 10 mm rounds recently and by my calculations, row #1 should have been 1120 fps and row #5 should have been 1220.

My goal was right around 1200 and accuracy.

Well... Row #1 averaged around 1220 and had good accuracy. BUT that put my calculated pressures pretty high so I didn't want to shoot the rest.

Took me less than 15 minutes to pull the 20 I didn't shoot including dealing with 2 of them left their gas check in the case... And I reloaded all of them a little lower and found a good load.
    WWG1WGA