MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersSnyders JerkyTitan Reloading
Load DataReloading EverythingInline FabricationLee Precision
RotoMetals2 Repackbox
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which .45acp Glock 36, Shield, XDs?

Boolit Grand Master
    Not to get too off topic here, but my problem with short 1911s in 45 ACP is reliability. Just observing a few things about the pistol makes you realize the operating clearances needed for reliability have been completely compromised. The magazine springs are wrong, breechface overtravel is zero, and timing of the cycling event has zero room for error.

At some point it will be a club when you need it to go bang. I’d rather have a gun than a club.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyB View Post
    I have the Shield and XDs in original post but no Glock 36. I do have the Glock 30, 30SF, and 30S. The Shield with Apex trigger is by far my favorite carry .45, followed by the 30S in a far distant second place. I loved the XDs when it came out but like the Shield much better. The XDs sits in the safe now.
    I tried to love the Kahr P45. I have a P9 turned into what would become the Covert model from Kahr in 9mm, and love it. I could never get the P45 to run anything reliably, and it went down the road. A lot of people love the Kahr trigger; I’ll take the Apex Shield all day long.
    The Shield has been fired more than any .45 I have except the Kimber Compact Stainless. The Shield is a better carry gun for me.
    Tony
    I changed my trigger on the M&P 45c to the Apex. Knew I was going to do that before I bought her. The issue of altering the trigger on a defensive weapon had come up a few times and I basically used that as a reason to get the Sig and SA. Not that I needed one but...

Boolit Grand Master
    I have CW Kahr's in 9mm and .40 S&W. The .40 is a bit of a handful but ok. Not something that is fun to shoot for 150 rounds. But not important for a carry gun. I expect the .45 will have about the same recoil or maybe feel a bit less "snappy".

Mine have been super reliable and I like not having a safety to deal with. Like the trigger pull. Not like a revolver or 1911 but good for self-defense. Light, thin, and easy to carry.

I do not shoot them past 15 yards so cannot comment on accuracy beyond that.
    Don Verna

Boolit Master

The Sheild .45 is an excellent weapon. Mine has been dead reliable and shows good accuracy. It won't equal a Jim Clark 1911 but I use it to hit my 3/4 sized silhouettes at 90 yards. The pistol will do roughly six to seven inches at that distance.
    Cogito, ergo armatum sum.

(I think, therefore I'm armed.)