Reloading EverythingInline FabricationLoad DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
WidenersLee PrecisionRotoMetals2Repackbox
Titan Reloading Snyders Jerky
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New casting bench!

Boolit Grand Master

Southern France by way of Interior Bush Alaska
    That’s great. I’m thinking a lot about a tool box on wheels these days.

Boolit Master

Nice job! A roll around base has really helped me out over the years. Never installed the wheels but instead installed 2x4 “skids” to provide stability and resistance to sliding. I first used it as a reloading bench while temporarily living in a fifth wheel trailer. I mounted a Rock Chucker on a riser so the top drawer would still open. A shelf at eye level provided a place for the powder scale. The drawers were great storage for primers, bullets and tools. I chose to only load for two rifle and two handgun cartridges at the time to limit the amount of supplies I had to have on hand.

Once I bought another house and built a proper reloading room the roll around was converted to the boolit sizing station.

One thing I learned was that the drawer slides on the bottom of the line roll around were very marginal. It was an inexpensive Craftsman that was on sale. It’s worth spending a few more bucks to get ball bearing slides or at least heavy duty slides without ball bearings. A drawer full of bullets really strained the low end slides.
    Last edited by David2011; 07-25-2022 at 02:32 PM.
    Sometimes life taps you on the shoulder and reminds you it's a one way street. Jim Morris

Boolit Mold
    Like the rolling casting bench. I setup a similar reloading bench using a metal table with 3 drawers from Lowe's. Top 2 drawers for misc. stuff like powder bowel, meter and bullet puller. All my dies are in the black plastic cabinets on the sides. Added wood shelves to store bullets. I am just getting started into bullet casting and have an area similar to yours I will have to develop for reloading Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Reloading area.JPG 
Views:	28 
Size:	150.3 KB 
ID:	302582

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Oki View Post
    Like the rolling casting bench. I setup a similar reloading bench using a metal table with 3 drawers from Lowe's. Top 2 drawers for misc. stuff like powder bowel, meter and bullet puller. All my dies are in the black plastic cabinets on the sides. Added wood shelves to store bullets. I am just getting started into bullet casting and have an area similar to yours I will have to develop for reloading Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Reloading area.JPG 
Views:	28 
Size:	150.3 KB 
ID:	302582
    I really like the rolling cart for casting - it is pretty humid here and I really like keeping my stuff inside with low humidity. It is nice to also have everything together. In my last house, I kept my stuff inside and would take it out to a workbench on a balcony. It worked nicely, but this is much better.
    WWG1WGA

Boolit Mold
    I built a small rolling bench mounted my presses on each end and the melting pot is on the top. Have a cabinet underneath for supplies. Going to be moving into a new place there I have a large A/C shed so I will be redoing this into a larger bench.
    USN (ret)

Nice. I did the same thing decades ago; craftsman metal work bench. It has two pots & my star sizer mounted to it, drawers for molds & such.
    EVERY GOOD SHOOTER NEEDS TO BE A HANDLOADER.
    NRA Cert. Inst. Met. Reloading & Basic Pistol