MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2Repackbox
Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingLoad DataInline Fabrication
Wideners Snyders Jerky
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cimarron 1894 38-55 Issues

Boolit Mold
    UPDATE: I got the .379 with Starline brass to chamber. Woohoo! It slides in just fine. I'll probably pull a few and try my .380s as well. New issue is that it doesn't quite want to feed well. They hang up. It seems like the longer brass is just a smidge too long.

Should I trim to 2.100 and give it a go?

Boolit Mold
    Got the ammo in. The .379 with starline long brass will chamber but doesn't cycle well. I pulled a bullet and trimmed to 2.100 and it cycles and chambers. Have to trim to 2.090 to chamber with the .380 bullets and that's a little tight. I'll probably just trim to 2.080. Looks like Starline short is the answer for me.

Thanks all. We'll see how she shoots. I'll be shooting .380 Bear Creek supply cast moly coated. I'm going to shoot for 1500fps with 3031. If it shoots well enough to suit me, I'll stick with the .380. If not, I'll have to search out some .381 or .382.

Boolit Master
    I have a marlin CB model and size to 379 using Winchester brass and it works darn good.

I have also made some brass fit out of 30-30 brass once fired,as well as a few pieces of 32 win.special brass.

All formed good but they are a tad short compared to the Winchester brass.

They are powder coated.

Boolit Buddy

Great bullets

[ I recently got a C-Sharps and found bullets from Bear Creek Supply came in .377, .378 & .379 in 255 & .310 Gr. Postell. They shoot well in my Rifle and were only $44.00 per 300. The owners were very helpful in helping me select the proper bullet for my needs. I highly reccommend you try them.

Boolit Mold
    I have the same rifle, a 26" barrelled Cimarron 94. I also had the same issues with the bullet diameter and brass length. I also bought the long starline brass and the round hangs up when cycling from the mag, the standard starline 2.08 brass is the way to go. Mine also slugged at a fraction under .380, and I size my bullets to .381 and that works great.