WidenersLee PrecisionInline FabricationTitan Reloading
Snyders JerkyReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
Load Data RotoMetals2
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: gas heat in reloading room

Boolit Master
    Thank heavens I’m lucky enough half of the basement is my man cave, plus an upstairs spare bedroom for an annex. I will say one thing, heating a loading room with anything involving a flame would make me pretty nervous, I’ve used the oil filled radiator type in my cutting room at work and they work way better than I would have ever guessed and if needed that’s what I’d use. After all, I’m very familiar with Mr. Murphy.

location we live has lots to do with how we heat. We go through 3-4 cords to heat the house some winters and although we do have propane furnace as well it is very expensive here.. Would love to heat my gun room with wood having plenty of woods to cut from; but that would require me to heat it intermittently and that won't work here very well in winters as I'm not in there daily to mind the fire and, I don't like having big temp swings in there...Regardless of the few dollars I spend to heat my reloading/gun room with a small space heater, about $150-200 per year is my estimate, it is money well spend for a huge investment and peace of mind. I set the thermostat for 65 and never touch it much at all. nothing gets rust or mildew and we have lots of moisture here all year long...Both my safes have goldenrods inside as does my large metal cabinet holding powders..Moulds are kept on a shelve inside the safe. I do envy those who can get by without much heat..

Boolit Buddy
    I have a NG well on my property so my gun building is heated by a gas wall heater it never goes off 5 setting and sometimes it’s 80° when it’s 10° outside

Boolit Master
    This is the funniest thing I’ve read in a long time. Good one.
    Sorry, this is in reply to post #40.

Boolit Master

Southern Middle Tennessee/ Hillsboro Alabama
    Shop I grew up in had a gas heater . Never had any rust problems I was aware of .
    Grumpy Old Man With A Gun....... Do Not Touch !!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by WinchesterM1 View Post
    I have a NG well on my property so my gun building is heated by a gas wall heater it never goes off 5 setting and sometimes it’s 80° when it’s 10° outside
    That might be even better than gravity water.
    Mal

Mal Paso means Bad Pass, just so you know.

Boolit Mold
    Might consider one of these. They say they can heat a good-sized room & only cost about 4 cents an hour to run.
    https://www.eheat.com/categories/wal...panel-heaters/

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Mal Paso View Post
    That might be even better than gravity water.
    Yeah we don’t pay a penny for electric either, we have a NG generator set up to feed a battery bank, the generator kicks on once a week to charge the batteries, my shop is 38’x25’ of poured concrete block with 3/4 rebar the whole width up, it was 9° last month and I had to open the door to cool off the building a bit lol

To heat my cargo room I use a 2000w electric heater.
    "When the homeland is in danger, everything is allowed, except not to defend it."

Gral. Don José de San Martin.

Boolit Master
    Has anyone mentioned a kerosene heater? I have a small one I use on my back porch. Works fine and it's cheap.

I have my reloading equipment in the basement which gets cold in the winter so I installed a 220 volt garage heater that hangs from the ceiling. It's pointing towards the area I'm working and does a good job. The main electric panel is only a couple feet away so the installation was easy. Since I only run it when I need it the effect on my electric bill isn't much.