Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingRepackboxWideners
Snyders JerkyLoad DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Inline Fabrication Lee Precision
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What has happened to Lyman?

Supply chain issues are hitting everyone, that could be part of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    the only problem ive had with lyman products over the past 4 decades or so were problems ive caused myself
    like jamming a resizing die into a berdan primed shell or the rust on my trimmers from putting them where should not have been. I have 3 model 55's they all still work like new. ive always treasured the die sets especially the old 4 pc sets that came in black box for handgun calibers.
    now I see they have stainless steel die sets that they are real proud of. but its a good thing that they continue to expand product line with very high quality stuff.

Boolit Buddy
    Lyman has gone in the same direction as many companies. Poor quality control, cheap materials and maximum profit. I last spoke with them a few years back regarding a receiver sight for a model 71 Winchester. I asked them why they make them out of aluminum instead of steel, their answer was people wanted cheap products made of aluminum instead of steel. They could not point me to any survey they have done on the topic. For an extra 10 to 20 bucks, I would rather have a quality blued steel, if they know what quality is anymore.
    I am getting fed up with the garbage that is being sold, to the point I will go without. Lyman has not had a dime out of me in 10 years, and their products are not in my future.

Boolit Grand Master

Unfortunately, it appears most all Lyman products are made in China these days. Even the mould blocks are made in China. Not sure if the cavities are cut there though(?). Seems no one at Lyman has any institutional knowledge anymore nor know or have little if any experience with or about the nature of use of their products
    Larry Gibson

“Deficient observation is merely a form of ignorance and responsible for the many morbid notions and foolish ideas prevailing.”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Boolit Master
    I had no idea that Lyman moved to china. I know they sell the apex10, created by mark 7 which manufactured in Florida or at least they used to.
    I make an effort to try an avoid supporting Chinese made stuff. I dont buy Russian stuff either, had to duck under my desk at school 1 too many times.