RepackboxInline FabricationWidenersLoad Data
Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
Reloading Everything RotoMetals2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Snows a comin

Boolit Master

Snows a comin

Been saying this for a couple of months now,last few years we here in MA haven't gotten much snow that's about to change.
    Local weather is prediting 12-24" looks like we got a full blown Nor'easter headed our way so off to get gas for the snow blower,milk,few items from the grocery store and make sure the snow blower starts.

Boolit Master
    DocSavage, In this world we live in, I feel you should be stocked up at all times. I hope you guys keep it over on the east side. As of now it does not look to be tracking to upstate NY.

Stay warm and make sure you fire up the Genny beforehand to work out any hiccup's before you need it.
    Stop being blinded by your own ignorance.

Moderator Emeritus

My snowblower is parked near side door next to plug and covered. When it snows, electric start and good to go. Always keep extra gas, kerosene, and diesel (Kubota runs on diesel). Always figure on at least three to four weeks of supplies at a minimum in case of a short term emergency. My long term has about 400 lbs of beef, venison, chicken, and bacon

Boolit Buddy
    Local weather forecasters (Maryland) are reporting that New England could get slammed with this one. We're looking at a few inches. Coastal Md. could get a bit more.

Good Luck!

Boolit Master

Every where you go you get weather. We in the south have tornadoes 10 months a year and ya'll have snow and ice. Keep warm.
    NRA Benefactor Member NRA Golden Eagle

Boolit Master
    Meanwhile in Indy, north or us gets it, south of us gets it, but ALL we get is the cold! Ugh!
    Chicken Little has finally found an audience

Looks like a slammer for I95.

Boolit Master

It's winter. We expect snowstorms in Jan and Feb. 4 inches to 18 inches still got to plow. Here in our rural town and county no big deal. We get it done and watch the panic in the big cities.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MrWolf View Post
    My snowblower is parked near side door next to plug and covered. When it snows, electric start and good to go. Always keep extra gas, kerosene, and diesel (Kubota runs on diesel). Always figure on at least three to four weeks of supplies at a minimum in case of a short term emergency. My long term has about 400 lbs of beef, venison, chicken, and bacon
    Thats what we like to hear. I am blessed with being the last property with power on my grid and the highest on the mountain. A few winters ago the neighbor and I lost power for 13 days. We had it ok others no so much. Good luck hope it goes out to sea.

Boolit Master

Got by easy here in the mountains of northern New Mexico. Only 5" and no wind. Sunny and 23 degrees made nice shoveling weather.

That gives me flash backs.

One winter up there when I was at Quantico, not too far from there we got a big snow storm.
    A buddy had bought a 4WD Jeep, and was so stretched out on the payments, he hummed when the when was blowing.
    But he'd planned ahead---

When the big storm hit- he was anchored down at the top of a hill on one of the 'snow emergency routes'.
    Back then, if you got stuck, and didn't have snow tires or chains, and blocked traffic-
    you'd get a big fat ticket from the state troopers.

He almost paid off the Jeep by winching people's cars up the hill that didn't have snow chains.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Boolit Master

I generally don't mind, but I hope it doesn't track far into NY this time. Supposed to move my daughter back into college this Saturday.

Boolit Master
    Got 3-4" today will be gone by Friday 21 today Sat. forecast 70 , Texas panhandle weather !!!!!!!!!
    Frank G.

Moderator Emeritus

I print a calendar each "winter" and write in the time, in hours, I spend on the Kubota moving the white stuff. So far just in January, it's been eighteen hours snow moving! Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sharon snow mtn 2.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	42.1 KB 
ID:	295263Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Snow thru 1 26 22.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	62.7 KB 
ID:	295264 Total comes to 26 1/2 hours. I push it into a pile, and, I took a photo of the Mrs. standing in front of it to send granddaughter... "12-24"s"? Best wishes!
    geo

Boolit Master

Were not supposed to get much this time around.
    One round at a time.
    Member of the NRA,GOA and FAOC. Gun clubs Zerby rod and gun club. Keystone Fish and Game Association.

Winter is here! and the weather forecaster’s act like it’s new. Duh! Every year it’s the same thing. Cold �� air, snow, rain and all the other stuff that goes with winter. It always amazes me how they think most of us are too feeble to think on our own. Sorry for the rant but I get really tired of them acting like we’re stupid.

Last year I plowed 3x mostly from boredom. This year not at all so far except down at the end of the driveways and the mailbox. I hate snow today and lover it years ago. Yeah, it looks like this storm will be plowable. But it's Maine and human caused global warming is bovine excrement so what are the chances we'd skate forever? I'd like that, but the ALMIGHTY doesn't consult me.

Should be interesting with our new pup. She hates the cold and dislikes it even more on her feet. It should be interesting.

I hope the storm is "wasted" on the sea. The ski areas can make snow. Bah humbug! I'm too old for this stuff! But I do like the conditions that keep the riffraff out of our state year round. Stay self sufficient and prepared or one doesn't belong here.

I had a loose connection in the snow plow innards that prevented the snow plow from dropping, but knew the chronic issue and fixed it this afternoon @ 15°F. Hopefully it won't disconnect anymore. Tonight it's going down to around -15°F.

Wild Bill, it happens up here also. You gotta understand the low level of intelligence it takes to be a talking head. They're morons. Understand that and you know exactly where to place them on the scale of intelligence. Pay them no mind. Just get the gist and tune out the rest of their noise; it's just static.
    Let's go Brandon!

Boolit Master
    Wild bill, I love when they tell you to stock up on water. um ok

Boolit Master
    Close to da Creaux,Hang'n out in Swamp's and Bayou's
    We in south La. are short on sneaux blowers and shovels, Any alternatives out there?

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Outer Rondacker View Post
    DocSavage, In this world we live in, I feel you should be stocked up at all times. I hope you guys keep it over on the east side. As of now it does not look to be tracking to upstate NY.

Stay warm and make sure you fire up the Genny beforehand to work out any hiccup's before you need it.
    Don't have a generator I lose power here so seldom it would rust to death. As far as food we're in good shape just needed milk and the fact there's just the wife and I we won't starve and I have a 2 burner camp stove to cook on should the power goes out. Several flashlights and power packs for cell phones.