Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
Load DataRotoMetals2Snyders JerkyTitan Reloading
Wideners Repackbox
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Gibson's Notebook

Boolit Grand Master

There will never be to much written about guns, ammo, reloading etc. Each author, in all probability repeats a fair amount of what previous authors have written, but often in a different style. So much the better in my opinion, as some authors are easier to read than others. Personal accounts by various authors are gold to me, and more than likely to many others as well. The writings of some authors speak differently to different backgrounded readers. Go to it Larry, and good luck!
    1Shirt!
    "Common Sense Is An Uncommon Virtue" Ben Franklin

"Ve got too soon old and too late smart" Pa.Dutch Saying

Boolit Master

Put me down for one.
    NRA Benefactor Member NRA Golden Eagle

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Gibson View Post
    Sorry guys but I've been out of the net with family for this past week and will be through Saturday. Just been able to barely take a peek at the forum on the smart phone when the Boss isn't looking.......I really appreciate the support here in this thread and all the kind comments here and in other threads regarding me writing a book. I have been considering doing that but having never written a book or had any experience with that it seems like a daunting project. However, with the help here I will begin the project. I will also write/rewrite some posts/articles for posting here in CASTPICs. Again, thanks for all the comment, support and suggestions.

Larry Gibson
    Glad to hear it! Looking forward to more on this project.

Boolit Master
    I too prefer to read technical information from an actual printed book, but I would be quite happy with Larry's book on an "e-book" type format, or even in PDF format like Glenn's book on the LASC site. If someone wants to start a fund to help cover the costs of publishing, I would contribute money to help get it started.

Dave

In Remembrance
    WARNING for those that want to trick or twist Larrys arm, I have heard he has a gun and might even know how to use it. I would however gladly pay for one if it were to become reality. I probably seek out his post more than any others.

Boolit Buddy
    Ditto. Count me in.

Well, we all know what we want!!! I would love to be able to compile all the knowledge here on this site into an encyclopedia of cast boolit info. Oh wait, it's all here! Search....

I would buy Larry's book too if it ever happens.

I am/was a certified writing consultant. If Larry wants it, I can offer my help. All I ask in return is a discounted copy.

Boolit Buddy
    Bringing this one back from the dead as I am still waiting on the finished product.

Boolit Master

ABSOLUTELY!! DAMNED STRAIGHT!! And all other invectives I can think of! Mr. Gibson, Ben, Hickory, and a whole bunch of others; put a book together and put me on the list of guaranteed buyers!!
    Lead Forever!

The 2nd amendment was never intended to allow private citizens to 'keep and bear arms.' If it had, there would have been wording such as 'the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. -Ken Konecki, July 27, 1992

John Galt was here.

"Politics is the art of postponing an answer until it is no longer relevant". (From the movie 'Red Tails')

Boolit Master
    Thanks to Cast Boollits and it's wonderful members , I think the book has already been written .

Boolit Master

A Gibson's Notes for sure - Outpost75 is also on my list for a book of compiled works
    Being human is not for sissies.

Boolit Master
    I'm in for one ! Gitter done. If the knowledge goes to the grave nobody can access it (like a library burning down)

Curious, is there is a way to just sort and print one person's posts?

Nice if it could be sorted by thread, print all posts from one person on a single thread, move on to the next and repeat. Instant chapters.

Relational database, I would think it's possible. Having the privledges granted to us peons is probably not the best idea.

Back 30 years ago when I dabbled (slightly) with SPC databases, too much ability to slice and dice usually resulted in a blown up database.

Maybe a mod could do it and create a separate thread--"Collected writings of xxxxxx".

Sounds like a potential award winning sticky.

Just random mutterings of an old guy.
    Last edited by 15meter; 12-25-2021 at 10:34 AM.

Boolit Master

The man from Havasu is the star of the show around here. I can't wait to see his comments on threads.
    “You should tell someone what you know. There should be a history, so that men can learn from it.

He smiled. “Men do not learn from history. Each generation believes itself brighter than the last, each believes it can survive the mistakes of the older ones. Each discovers each old thing and they throw up their hands and say ‘See! Look what I have found! Look upon what I know!’ And each believes it is something new.

Louis L’Amour

The Californios

Agree with all the above, Git-R-Done.

Slim
    Last edited by slim1836; 12-25-2021 at 03:56 PM.
    JUST GOTTA LOVE THIS JOINT.

Quote Originally Posted by 15meter View Post
    Curious, is there is a way to just sort and print one person's posts?

Nice if it could be sorted by thread, print all posts from one person on a single thread, move on to the next and repeat. Instant chapters.

Relational database, I would think it's possible. Having the privledges granted to us peons is probably not the best idea.

Back 30 years ago when I dabbled (slightly) with SPC databases, too much ability to slice and dice usually resulted in a blown up database.

Maybe a mod could do it and create a separate thread--"Collected writings of xxxxxx".

Sounds like a potential award winning sticky.

Just random mutterings of an old guy.
    Still think this is a good idea if it is indeed possible.

Boolit Master

LG isn't going to even think about publishing anything until he gets "500 pre-orders" lol. I know that's how I'd do it. So, here's my "pre-order"!
    The unexamined life is not worth living....Socrates
    Pain, is just weakness leaving the body....USMC
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is FINAL!....Wyatt Earp

Boolit Master
    I go with this. I try to always read his posts

I too will purchase one. And that’s saying something cause I’m mighty stingy.