Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingInline Fabrication
WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionRepackbox
Snyders Jerky Load Data

Thread: Price check Shiloh Sharps Farmingdale,NY

Boolit Master

Price check Shiloh Sharps Farmingdale,NY

Saw a real nice Shiloh Sharps today and really know not much about them. This one was made in Farmingdale (I think thats what it said) New York and the dude claims that it is an early Shiloh and worth more because of it.
    Supposedly originally was a 45/90 and is now a 40/65...the 45/90 barrel was boxed and comes with the rifle. Has globe front with level and nice long range rear tang..not sure of manufacturer...also not sure of manufacturer of 40/65 barrel that sits on it...damn I forgot my glasses. Stock is excellent and really has a nice "old" look to both stock and action.
    Dude wants $2500 for it....probably out of my league but was wondering if that sounds right or too low/high. Tell me what ya'all think I would appreciate it.

Boolit Bub

Sharps prices vary

First of all go to the Shilo Sharps Site and check out the prices of their rifles. Options can really change the price. Secondly, tang and globe sights vary hugely in quality and price. The MVA sight have been traditionally associated with Shilo and C. Sharps and they are beautiful in form and function. Thirdly, who put together the rifle with the new barrel, for as we know their are artists as well as butchers calling themselves gunsmiths.

$2,500.00 is a lot of money and from the Shilo Company it will buy a lot of rifle.

Shiloh is the ONLY firearms manufacturer I have ever seen that does NOT INCLUDE the FET TAX in it's listed prices. So ADD the FET to their listed prices.

IF you end up wanting to buy it....I recall reading way back that the VERY EARLY Shilohs has issues with oversized firing pin holes. If a primer extrudes back into the hole opening the action is a bit tough.

Mike Venturino I'm sure will know what the story is on the firing pin issue.

FN in MT

Boolit Master
    Knew a gent that owned a machine shop supply house in farmingdale out on long island. Wolfgang Droge used to get his supplies from him when shilo was in farmingdale. whenever wolfgang had bill problems he'd give the owner another sharps to pay the bill. The gent had five or six sharps hanging from a gun rack in his office. One of my friends who passed away some years back helped set up the machines and tooling when the operation went to montana. And another buddy who was a sharps fanatic had one of the farmingdale sharps. His pedersoli easily out shot it. After he sent it to John King then it was about equal to his pedersoli. FWIW. Frank

Boolit Buddy
    It depends on the make of the tang sight. If it is a MVA or a Baldwin that would increase the price. They go for 500 bucks new. But the Farmingdale models don't usually carry the price tag of the ones made in Big Timber. That is a fact. Check out Gun Broker.
    If you are going to spend that much call Shiloh and see what they have in their showroom. I bought a No1 Sporter that way from them. Had the rifle in 8 days as compared to the 18 month wait for them to build one. You can have a brand new Shiloh for about that much.
    Call them and see what they have. They are great people to deal with.

Boolit Buddy
    218 bee I bought that sharps today! MVA long range sights and it was set up buy Ron Long with 40-65 as you seen the gun its in great shape. never got back back to you on the lead Sorry, but if you need lead just YELL! AGAIN ,I HAVE PLENTY IN STOCK! Just selling to buddys now.

From what I've seen the early Farmingdale Sharps get no more than later Shilohs, and often a bit less. Don't buy that story about them being somehow more valueable!

Boolit Master
    Boommer, you sly dawg. You know if I was serious about that Shiloh I'd of had to keep it secret from ya. So when can ya bring her over to shoot???