Titan ReloadingSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
Load DataLee PrecisionRepackboxRotoMetals2
Inline Fabrication
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I accidentally bought a .380 Now I need mold suggestions

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by jcren View Post
    Lee 95 grain rf, hands down. Seat it shorter than you think and it will run like butter in all of my 380's, from tcp to hi-point carbine. Powder coated and over a medium charge of CFE Pistol is very accurate (consistent 8" standing groups from 40 yards with a Bersa thunder, back when I was playing with that gun a lot) and that flat nose is plumb lethal.
    My suggestion as well. Only I choose 231 powder worked up to the max safely & hit 1050fps !!! But decided not to "push things" and 1/10 less yields almost 950& good accuracy.

CW
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

Boolit Master
    I don't have any recommendations, but I would like to express my appreciation for the title of this thread and for the man who can so gracefully roll with the little accidents in life.

I hope you have many fun moments with both the 32s and the 380s!
    I'm a big fan of data-driven decisions. You want to make me smile, show me a spreadsheet! Extra points for graphs and best-fit predictive equations.

South of the north pole in the land of the falling waters
    May you be blessed with many more such "accidents"

Jack
    Buy it cheap and stack it deep , you may need it !

Black Rifles Matter

Boolit Master

Great thread. Like the OP I resisted purchase of a 380. However, SWMBO is convinced that it is the correct caliber for her. I choose to select my battles and believing this is one I could only win at a prohibitive cost, disengaged. After all, it could also be described as 9mm Kurz, and has ballistic characteristics similar to Hickock's revolver. I am not about to argue his caliber choice was wrong. And besides, I can load those boolets in my 9mm and save lead.
    My mistake was in not buying 380 ammo when I saw it on the shelf, and the die set in the case at the same LGS. When I returned 2 weeks later both were gone.
    Micah 6:8
    He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

"I don't have hobbies - I'm developing a robust post-apocalyptic skill set"
    I may be discharged and retired but I'm sure I did not renounce the oath that I solemnly swore!

Boolit Buddy
    I have a model 1910 in 380.
    The two cast bullets I shoot thru it are the Lyman 356242, a Round Nose, in 95 gr
    And the Lyman 358632, a Truncated Flat nose in 100 gr.

Enjoy the 1922 you got.

J Wisner

Boolit Master

I have 4 .380s. I like bullets between 90 and 105 grs. My guns are 3 colts, Gov, mustang and pony, and an Erma "baby Luger". All are accurate and will happily eat anything in that weight range. None of them exhibit feeding problems with any conical or RN design and normally feed SWCs without any hiccups either. I used to have an EAA .380 and that one eat just about anything as well. .380s don't seem to be fussy about ammo with a few rare exceptions. I've tried bullets as heavy as 115 grains, but haven't been happy with the results. They have to be seated pretty deep to fit the mags so charges have to be reduced quite a bit. The resulting velocities are a bit too low for my liking. Accuracy with the heavy bullets also leaves a bit to be desired.